The EFL Trophy

Coming up to 10 pages of people telling us they don't give a :censored: about this comp

I don't...but I did follow the text/tweet updates on Latics wall t'other evening. Punched the air too when I saw that Croft had scored the winning pen. I do give a :censored: about my team though.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What for?

You give your opinion & I give mine. Just because mine isn't :censored: and involves watching my team at Wembley again doesn't mean I should get a badge.

But hey if you can sit at home while the team youve supported & watched for years plays at Wembley you can say you have morals right? :) Enjoy that because it won't change a thing!

No, yours isn't :censored:. It's :censored:in unbelievably :censored:!!!

It also involves telling other people that you know how they think, and that you know for a fact that just because you are a shallow sell out then everybody else is too, they just don't know it yet.

Wow.

It also involves telling other people that you know how they think, and that you know for a fact that just because you are a shallow sell out then everybody else is too, they just don't know it yet.

Wow.

Wow? Really?

Shallow sell out because I'd go to Wembley to see Oldham play in any competition.

Yep! See you all there. :)

Wow.

What makes me laugh is that the Premiership and the Football League parasites who have dreamt up this abomination (with the long term interest to infiltrate lower leagues permanently with their B/U23 teams) are preying on the starvation of money at this level and the loyalty of fans to garner an interest in it.

Boy, haven't some of them fallen for it hook, line & sinker. I bet they then scoff at things like football agents and Rooney's wage while failing to see the irony.

The only way to rid ourselves of the Check-a-scab trophy is to wholesale boycott it. At whatever cost.

Edited by boundaryblue80

What makes me laugh is that the Premiership and the Football League parasites who have dreamt up this abomination (with the long term interest to infiltrate lower leagues permanently with their B/U23 teams) are preying on the starvation of money at this level and the loyalty of fans to garner an interest in it.

Boy, haven't some of them fallen for it hook, line & sinker. I bet they then scoff at things like football agents and Rooney's wage while failing to see the irony.

The only way to rid ourselves of the Check-a-scab trophy is to wholesale boycott it. At whatever cost.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want. Whether it's go to games or boycott. Shouldn't be called a scab etc for attending

Maybe they see things exactly how they are & haven't fallen for a single thing but still want to go and watch their team when they play.

Fans can boycott if they wish, as it's a :censored: cup.

But the team must turn up and battle each round as if it's the play-off final in order to garner mettle, mental strength and a winning mindset.

In this respect, we may actually benefit from progression in the tournament. Injuries notwithstanding, of course.

• 3 months later...

Interesting one this.

It's a crap cup, and has struggles in all it's guises, be it Simod, ZDS or whatever, attendeances have always been por
But, it's a chance to get to Wembley for our level, so deserves proper assesment.

My view

B Teams.

The huge worry is thin end of the wedge, and B Team into the League by the Back Door. A scucessful boycott has menat it will always struggle

Reject at all costs

Conference Teams.

The problem is it then devalues the FA Trophy, and the FAT should be supported for the same reasons as Bteasm being imposed on us

Reject that solution

Celtic League

As in the old Anglo Scottish but maybe incl, Welsh/ Irish. This was my preferred, but many argue the travelling costs are too high

Probably would not work for any tlength of time

PRe Season competion

Well, crowds cannot get much lower, and it might wspice thigs up

Abandon it altogether

I think this is the utimate solution as it has never worked. It will always operate at a loss, until the final.

Interesting one this.

Celtic League

As in the old Anglo Scottish but maybe incl, Welsh/ Irish. This was my preferred, but many argue the travelling costs are too high

Probably would not work for any tlength of time

I think this would ignite my interest in it. It's all well and good, but can we hack it on a cold, rainy night at Alloa on a Tuesday?

I think this would ignite my interest in it. It's all well and good, but can we hack it on a cold, rainy night at Alloa on a Tuesday?

wernt irish teams involved in the original incarnation of the anglo scottish namley the texaco cup but bailed due to high travel costs /troubles ?