Former players association event on 27/10/16

No eyres, carss or Garry Kelly??

As there was no firm database of contacts info when this venture started it's all been a case of getting the message out on social media, word of mouth, contacts etc.

It maybe the case they just haven't confirmed they can make it this time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As there was no firm database of contacts info when this venture started it's all been a case of getting the message out on social media, word of mouth, contacts etc.

It maybe the case they just haven't confirmed they can make it this time.

I see Tony Carss every morning in the gym at about half 6. I sometimes even speak to him. Plant someone in there and catch him cold...

Great night.Sat next to Mike Milligan and had a good talk.Glad to see he is doing well for himself

Spoke to lots of ex players who still love OAFC.Also spoke to Joe Royle.

Good food and company.Lookforward to the next one.

Great night.Sat next to Mike Milligan and had a good talk.Glad to see he is doing well for himself

Spoke to lots of ex players who still love OAFC.Also spoke to Joe Royle.

Good food and company.Lookforward to the next one.

Doing WELL for himself, as a Director of Bottled Water Company.

Very good.

:grin:

Clyde Wijnhard and Paul Murray on my table. Both lads were a really good laugh. They were having a good giggle over Tommy Wright ending his coaching career for £5k when he earns £60k a year! ? Clyde was apparently a ladies man whilst at Oldham! He was asked what his biggest regret was in football and Paul Murray said to the table before Clyde answered 'Women'? Top night. Really good food and really good range of players from Ian Wood to tarkowski. ?? Murray is now fleetwood u23 manager and Wijnhard owns a business consultancy firm in London.

Is curry the only option, it's not to my taste, also will there be a veggie/vegan alternative?

The curry alternative dish was chicken supreme, which was delicious and the personal service for non-curry eaters was first class.

Talked to Keith Hicks, Ian Wood, Andy Barlow, Mike Milligan, Tony Philliskirk, Jobbo and Alan Hardy.

Well done the Trust for a good night all round. :OASISscarf:

Didn't really get the MC calling Clyde Wijnhard 'Fatima Whitbread', was that an in joke?

Great night,good to see Alan Hardy looking so well. Fangirled Richard Jobson with maddog and was quite taken aback by him asking us how we thought we were playing this season, felt like replying "mate,why on earth are you arsed what I think?". Lovely bloke.

haha he wasn't calling Clyde, he was calling Midnite who was running around with the MIC, hence then Andy Ritchie saying on the next question if I knew you were Fatima I would have asked you to throw the MIC javelin style.

A good night, hopefully the lunch will kick on from here

Agreeing with all the comments above a fantastic night. Great to see players from various generations from Latics.

Also hearing Joe Royle say he didn't really give Tony Philliskirk a run in the team but telling everyone how much of asset he his to Oldham Athletic.

Hearing when Ken Bates left just how close we was to going under and the deal which kept is going & what could of happened if we had not of kept the payments on time to him.

Good food and Braddy did a good job on the MIC