OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter

Guest nonaenever

OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a fresh and independent initiative (OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter) to try and bring about positive change at the club?

Hello singe

Sorry to hear about your son not managing to meet chaddy.

With regards to the trust, our website page is the main form of communication, we also use facebook daily and twitter and of course on here too.

For updates on the trust, please see our website: trustoldham.ac.uk

Recent news events have been:

Registering BP as a community asset

Launch of the former players association

Agreed renaming of the Jimmy Frizzell stand

Relaunch of latics for life

Liasing with the protest group, attending meetings and meeting them on their march to BP

Scoreboard

Helping the Athleticos, flag fundraising and location in BP

Other events/news will come out soon I am sure. There are some things we really wanted to push on like latics4life for the youngsters but we felt it's not been the right time to do this as, let's face it, the feel good factor is absence around BP to ask fans for donations.

I forgot to add Season ticket holders automatically qualify for free membership, you will need to email membership@trustoldham.co.uk with your name and season ticket reference number to activate your membership.

Dont miss out on this great free opportunity to get involved.

Cheers

Edited by underdog

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy, for me, the trust does a great job in pushing on the match day experience side of things, as you highlighted in your list above. For me though it does very little to communicate between fans and club the sort of things that really matter, like pushing us on from this God forsaken position we find ourselves in. For example imo the club shouldn't need to do an opinion pole on why fans ain't attending it should be the trust telling them it's purely down to performance and pricing. Just example.

The draft charter that has been posted on this thread I would go as far to say as the trust would be unwilling or scared to approach the club with. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Personally this is why I feel this movement is needed. If it turns out the trust are willing to take on board the issues raised here and confront the club with them I will hold my hand up and say well done, but it needs to be fully transparent. Something most fans don't see happening from within the trust.

I hope it works and I hope the trust are fully behind this but as I say - in summary - for me the trust is too much minor issue orientated, and unwilling to get their teeth into the more pressing matters. This is why I have never been an active backer

Hello singe

Sorry to hear about your son not managing to meet chaddy.

With regards to the trust, our website page is the main form of communication, we also use facebook daily and twitter and of course on here too.

For updates on the trust, please see our website: trustoldham.ac.uk

Recent news events have been:

Registering BP as a community asset

Launch of the former players association

Agreed renaming of the Jimmy Frizzell stand

Relaunch of latics for life

Liasing with the protest group, attending meetings and meeting them on their march to BP

Scoreboard

Helping the Athleticos, flag fundraising and location in BP

Other events/news will come out soon I am sure. There are some things we really wanted to push on like latics4life for the youngsters but we felt it's not been the right time to do this as, let's face it, the feel good factor is absence around BP to ask fans for donations.

I forgot to add Season ticket holders automatically qualify for free membership, you will need to email membership@trustoldham.co.uk with your name and season ticket reference number to activate your membership.

Dont miss out on this great free opportunity to get involved.

Cheers

Hi Tracy,

It wasn't about meeting Chaddy, my son didn't want to do that, and he could have done it as he was right in front of us.

But not having a dig, I particularly appreciate you comgin on here, in fact you are one of the reasons I still have confidence in the Trust.

I appreciate what you say, but maybe it's me, I don't get my news by clicking onto a website so often, even on here.

I have always said I think you should have a Trust Oldham ID on here, for a few to share and post.

I use Twittter the most, and I don't even see the Trust Twitter posts much now because they are just retweets of the news I get elsewhere and following others.

I think I agree with Phil I also want something different from the Trust Twitter.

Possibly, because many of the Tweets from the Trust are RT's of the official page and OEC News, it feels the same entity. Maybe the good work you gets lost in all the other RT's. If I wanted all the official OAFC stuff, I'd follow the Official OAFC Twitter. Which, of course, I do.

Don't get me wrong, I am not anti what you are doing, I just don't feel close to what you are doing.

Take, as but one example, the scoreboard. I'd much rather he

ar snippets of how things are progressing, even if it's just a one liner saying we have another quote in, or chased a quote. Stuff we are not getting everywhere else.

It's not denigrating what you do, it's just highlighting what I personally think many would prefer to see.

Guest nonaenever

Fully agree with everything that is happening here. However I would.like to add my 2 peneth.

This is definitely the way to go, but at the same time going this way is a very under the radar tactic. People on this board will back you, and the board and trust will know what's going on, but the wider public who no longer attend games will know anything about it.

Once the ball gets rolling we really need something that catches the public eye.not for one minute suggesting it (it quite clearly wouldn't fit with the tactic you have chosen) but a mass protest or public gimmick that catches the media's eye would go some way to recapturing long lost fans attention.

We need to think of a professional version of a protest/boycott/attention grabber that fits in with the tactic employed. Something the whole and wider fan Base can get behind. Something that signals change is afoot. The 3 amigo's announced their arrival with celebration sunday. Latics need a similar media and public attention grabber to signal the start of a new era.

Only trouble is the club really does need to show real intent for change for this to work

Philliggi - agree with everything you say. The intention, when this initiative gets rolling formally, is for an initial blaze of publicity via Radio Manchester, The Chron, posters in pubs, retail outlets and in Oldham town centre, Shaw, Royton, Failsworth, Saddleworth etc. I was only thinking this morning that I would love, for example, to have attended a Latics Christmas Extravaganza this year - perhaps in the OEC - players and ex players mingling with the fans, stuff for families early on and then perhaps the likes of Ian Marshall on karaoke and a right good knees up at night time. The club seems to have lost its connection with the fans - and that's sad (apologies if an open invitation Christmas "do" has been arranged and I`ve missed the publicity!)

I go to Huddersfield quite regularly and even just walking around it's clear that the town itself identifies with its football club. They are proud of "Town" (as they all refer to Huddersfield Town) and in many local outlets there are "Town" posters, a "Town" club shop in the town centre. The place has a football buzz about it. Look how successful they are doing - okay the Huddersfield "borough" has a bigger population than Oldham but it's not beyond comparison.

We simply have to enthuse everyone - and yes I agree with those that say the product on the pitch needs to come up to scratch too. My hope is that by creating a positive vibe amongst the fans and the local population generally that this will help to create a culture of success and ambition at Latics instead of the "simply survive" mentality that seems to currently exist.

I honestly think a certain director's public comments previously regarding "realism" around our chances of promotion set the wrong tone completely.

Latics are better - far, far better than the current situation. I`m hoping the fans will galvanise, bring back a feel good factor and show the current board (and any potential investor) that we mean business and are worth investing in for the long term.

Right - just digging the last of the snow out and setting off to Scunny - "come on Oldham!"

You all have valid comments folks and I don't take them as you having a go honest. We are all volunteers as I'm sure your fed up of me harping on about it. The above was a list of postive things we have done.

As fans I think realistically, we all have a fair idea that things are not right on and off the pitch and personally, I don't envy working at BP at all.

As a directors of the trust we walk a fine tightrope between working with the club and managing fans/our expectations. We are also bound about what we are here to protect and what we can say that may/may not damage that. Just like any business, I'm not privvy to why my owners/directors make those decisions, or what we owe/profit/loans unless I'm savvy enough to know where to look. I do believe things do come out in the wash, rightly or wrongly so.

There are things you don't hear of or even see, Simon B runs his own successful business and gives up one day a week to be at BP in his capacity as trust director and helping out at the club where he can. Match days he is networking with business to promote the trust as well as supporting the club as an embassador too generating investment where he can/help to sell us..yes we are for sale and I don't envy him that task too.

Our Simon C (not corney), has worked hard pushing through the legalities/formal application for the Asset of community value. As it's the first in the borough, working with the council's team who had not done this before

We have had a representative attend the supporters association which was Jorvik and that associations are currently going through changes that could be beneficial to us.

One director is now the SLO

Another good gesture from our club this week was that mr Moisley and Simon b, went to the hospital with flowers to visit and pay best wishes to the fan and his family who was taken ill at the match last weekend. Not promoted as innapropriate to do do, but no the less showing we as a club and trust care

Other directors have all contributed even if like me who doesn't have the business sense, but I can be on hand help run events if need be

I think Nonaenever has said early that the Trust have already acknowledge the charter and have agreed to meet too. So a positive start I think

Edited by underdog

Philliggi - agree with everything you say. The intention, when this initiative gets rolling formally, is for an initial blaze of publicity via Radio Manchester, The Chron, posters in pubs, retail outlets and in Oldham town centre, Shaw, Royton, Failsworth, Saddleworth etc. I was only thinking this morning that I would love, for example, to have attended a Latics Christmas Extravaganza this year - perhaps in the OEC - players and ex players mingling with the fans, stuff for families early on and then perhaps the likes of Ian Marshall on karaoke and a right good knees up at night time. The club seems to have lost its connection with the fans - and that's sad (apologies if an open invitation Christmas "do" has been arranged and I`ve missed the publicity!)

I go to Huddersfield quite regularly and even just walking around it's clear that the town itself identifies with its football club. They are proud of "Town" (as they all refer to Huddersfield Town) and in many local outlets there are "Town" posters, a "Town" club shop in the town centre. The place has a football buzz about it. Look how successful they are doing - okay the Huddersfield "borough" has a bigger population than Oldham but it's not beyond comparison.

We simply have to enthuse everyone - and yes I agree with those that say the product on the pitch needs to come up to scratch too. My hope is that by creating a positive vibe amongst the fans and the local population generally that this will help to create a culture of success and ambition at Latics instead of the "simply survive" mentality that seems to currently exist.

This is spot on.

You could pass through Oldham and not even know a football team existed. Without a doubt having visual reminders and pride in the town team encourages people to support.

I know it would cost, but it'd be great if the club had a unit within Spindles or on the drag just to create some kind of recognition that Oldham Athletic is the town's team. More realistically they could put a mural on the ground like City did with Adebayor in the Arndale. Just something to remind people that we're here.

You all have valid comments folks and I don't take them as you having a go honest. We are all volunteers as I'm sure your fed up of me harping on about it. The above was a list of postive things we have done.

As fans I think realistically, we all have a fair idea that things are not right on and off the pitch and personally, I don't envy working at BP at all.

As a directors of the trust we walk a fine tightrope between working with the club and managing fans/our expectations. We are also bound about what we are here to protect and what we can say that may/may not damage that. Just like any business, I'm not privvy to why my owners/directors make those decisions, or what we owe/profit/loans unless I'm savvy enough to know where to look. I do believe things do come out in the wash, rightly or wrongly so.

There are things you don't hear of or even see, Simon B runs his own successful business and gives up one day a week to be at BP in his capacity as trust director and helping out at the club where he can. Match days he is networking with business to promote the trust as well as supporting the club as an embassador too generating investment where he can/help to sell us..yes we are for sale and I don't envy him that task too.

Our Simon C (not corney), has worked hard pushing through the legalities/formal application for the Asset of community value. As it's the first in the borough, working with the council's team who had not done this before

We have had a representative attend the supporters association which was Jorvik and that associations are currently going through changes that could be beneficial to us.

One director is now the SLO

Another good gesture from our club this week was that mr Moisley and Simon b, went to the hospital with flowers to visit and pay best wishes to the fan and his family who was taken ill at the match last weekend. Not promoted as innapropriate to do do, but no the less showing we as a club and trust care

Other directors have all contributed even if like me who doesn't have the business sense, but I can be on hand help run events if need be

I think Nonaenever has said early that the Trust have already acknowledge the charter and have agreed to meet too. So a positive start I think

I much prefer your open and genuinely honest style Tracy . Less PR'y. That has it's place, but this type of post I much prefer.

Perhaps it's just me.

Another example, I'd really like to see more info about the Community Asset Registration. What, why, how you worked with the club, the benefits. I know some people are not aware that this was done in conjunction with the club, I suspect some even think the Trust has bought BP!

Good that the Trust and Nonaenever are meeting up.

Hats off to you all for all the hard work you put in, I know it can be a thankless task at times.

Thank you very much for taking the feedback in a positive way, they way it was intended.

A few more goals, and 3 points, and it will all be more positive. Starting today!!

R.e scoreboard and renaming of the stand.....

When are these going to happen?

Was the renaming g of the Jimmy Frizzell sign just a token gesture because nothing official has taken place has it? Nothing on the stand to show the new name?

R.e scoreboard and renaming of the stand.....

When are these going to happen?

Was the renaming g of the Jimmy Frizzell sign just a token gesture because nothing official has taken place has it? Nothing on the stand to show the new name?

Don't expect too much...

Don't expect too much...

I gave up expecting anything from this club a while ago...

However if you can't afford to hang a scoreboard (I assume it's been bought it's been months) or have an official name g of the stand and a name added don't announce it.

We will be in league 2 by the time this happens if ever!

I gave up expecting anything from this club a while ago...

However if you can't afford to hang a scoreboard (I assume it's been bought it's been months) or have an official name g of the stand and a name added don't announce it.

We will be in league 2 by the time this happens if ever!

The levels of ineptitude never cease to stagger

Thanks folks, I suppose in every business there are things staff learn that would make their hair curl and cause sleepless nights. I know they do at my place of work and sometimes I do want to whistle blow in the heat too the moment. But then I have to breath, step back and decide what a the consequences if I do? Something I feel may be of great importance at the time, might to others be the Norm in a business world/running a business, like delaying/not paying a bill on time. Sometimes it's better to store that knowledge and throw it out at the right time too

Yes I would love totally transparency, we all would on the trust board and fans too, I am sure there are people employed by the club and even Corney himself would love to tell us exactly how it is.....but that's is an ideal world and I'm not too sure if knowing all would give me a heart attack, or even damage our selling capacity of the club

With regards to the ACV, Simon B/Simon C have created a Q and A fact sheet on the trust website about it. I will see if I can add the link on here.

Edited by underdog

I much prefer your open and genuinely honest style Tracy . Less PR'y. That has it's place, but this type of post I much prefer.

Perhaps it's just me.

Another example, I'd really like to see more info about the Community Asset Registration. What, why, how you worked with the club, the benefits. I know some people are not aware that this was done in conjunction with the club, I suspect some even think the Trust has bought BP!

Good that the Trust and Nonaenever are meeting up.

Hats off to you all for all the hard work you put in, I know it can be a thankless task at times.

Thank you very much for taking the feedback in a positive way, they way it was intended.

A few more goals, and 3 points, and it will all be more positive. Starting today!!

Cheers Singe, I understand sometimes an emotionless, diplomatic statement with truth has a better impact than a crazy woman like me saying it....hahah

With regards to further question you have or anyone has on ACV, the trust have draft a Q and A fact sheet which is on our webpage, but I have copied it over opinto the other thread about it. Hopefully it will have the answers you are looking for, or if you don't just post a question on the trust webpage and I'm sure the relevant person with the knowledge will respond.

By the way, how the hell are we not winning this match? Grrrrrr

And apologies to nonanever as I seemed to have hijacked his thread

Edited by underdog

Tracy / Trust posters, can we stop using Simon C / Simon B please?

I know we have our very own good Trust people called that, but it does make working out who is being named difficult to distinguish from the bad Simons at times....

Fair comment my friend...suggestions?..pantomime characters maybe?..I dread to think mine would be

Cheers Singe, I understand sometimes an emotionless, diplomatic statement with truth has a better impact than a crazy woman like me saying it....hahah

With regards to further question you have or anyone has on ACV, the trust have draft a Q and A fact sheet which is on our webpage, but I have copied it over opinto the other thread about it. Hopefully it will have the answers you are looking for, or if you don't just post a question on the trust webpage and I'm sure the relevant person with the knowledge will respond.

By the way, how the hell are we not winning this match? Grrrrrr

And apologies to nonanever as I seemed to have hijacked his thread

Thanks very much, Just read it and have found it very helpful.

And ys, we should have won,just need someone to take chances!

The Trust from day one have been sucked into the fabric of the club. No doubt they do good work voluntarily without pay,but they are bound quite rightly by confidentiality. The initiative being discussed by Nonaenever should be independent of the club, to allow some more radical thinking and initiatives than the Trust can.

At the same time it should try to work in a spirit of co-operation with the club,but at its core have the interests and concerns of supporters at its heart.

Another reason to get rid of corney - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/182619/oldham-doing-a-bury/#30the guy is killing us! Strange thing to come out with if not true. Time for a real stand against corney I think.

The best part about that is that one of their posters suggests keeping the advance ticket sales for our home fixture with them.

£170 might not cover it...