Today's Postponement - My View

I feel the club didn't do enough to get today's game on for forgetting to use frost covers which should have been used because if they had been used the pitch wouldn't have been frozen and the game wouldn't have been off, also, it was postponed too late, it should have been postponed a lot earlier so the Peterborough fans didn't have a wasted journey. I hope the next home game will go ahead because I don't want there to be two home league games in a row postponed which would be a disgrace.

It's been 7 degrees and sunny all day in Oldham, they probably didn't put them on as they didn't think it would be an issue with the temps being well above freezing. It was just the part of the pitch under the Mainstand that was the issue the rest of it was fine, even the managers thought that

It's been 7 degrees and sunny all day in Oldham, they probably didn't put them on as they didn't think it would be an issue with the temps being well above freezing. It was just the part of the pitch under the Mainstand that was the issue the rest of it was fine, even the managers thought that

There's always been an issue with the main stand roof, bearing this in mind more thought should have been put into the pitch preparation.

This postponement was avoidable IMO.

Edited by BP1960

Easy solution, knock the :censored:er down and build one that allows the sunlight onto it.

I've always wondered how grounds like Valley Parade manage to get the game on as the pitch there never sees the sun in the winter months, do we not own any lighting rigs, plenty of non league teams with them now or is that something else we've been left behind on.

Easy solution, knock the :censored:er down and build one that allows the sunlight onto it.

I've always wondered how grounds like Valley Parade manage to get the game on as the pitch there never sees the sun in the winter months, do we not own any lighting rigs, plenty of non league teams with them now or is that something else we've been left behind on.

We would struggle to pay the leccy bill as it is.

Edited by BP1960

We had a lighting rig last year

If it was 7 degrees, why was it frosty on Sheepfoot Lane in the shadow of the wall next to the hospital.

Not much use in a part of the ground that won't see the sun!

Hence why they should have concentrated on that area, they know the grass in front of the main stand is a problem in cold weather.

We've had several nights of frost before now without a problem so one night of freezing conditions should not have led to a postponement, just sheer complacency in my opinion.

It hasn't frozen overnight all week and wasn't forecast to freeze Friday night. I'm not sure what people think has been missed. Or should we be putting the covers on before every game to kill the grass?

There's loads to criticise the club about at the moment. This really doesn't seem one of them to me.

It hasn't frozen overnight all week and wasn't forecast to freeze Friday night. I'm not sure what people think has been missed. Or should we be putting the covers on before every game to kill the grass?

There's loads to criticise the club about at the moment. This really doesn't seem one of them to me.

Anything people think they can hammer the club for they will

I will be interesting to see SCs take on this given given the huge blow to the clubs finances

Reckon if we attempted to rebuild the main stand most the locals would complain

Reckon if we attempted to rebuild the main stand most the locals would complain

ALL the houses opposite built long after the club existed as my late uncle built them when he was a club director. Anyone living next to a football club must have a clue things might change and objections although obvious depends on what the changes are. As BP says a new stand would be a much smaller stand and be a positive for the houses. Cant see that happening in next 10 years and in SCs control ....I can see it closed and demolished on safety grounds sooner rather than later. Been on borrowed time for years.

And back to the soul destroying 3 stands again?

ALL the houses opposite built long after the club existed as my late uncle built them when he was a club director. Anyone living next to a football club must have a clue things might change and objections although obvious depends on what the changes are. As BP says a new stand would be a much smaller stand and be a positive for the houses. Cant see that happening in next 10 years and in SCs control ....I can see it closed and demolished on safety grounds sooner rather than later. Been on borrowed time for years.

Nah. Too much infrastructure in there. Ticket office, changing rooms, boardroom, laundry, main entrance, offices..

Plus the upper section is the warmest, driest area of the ground. Would kill another few hundred off our already :censored: crowds, not even Latics are that stupid. Are we?

Nah. Too much infrastructure in there. Ticket office, changing rooms, boardroom, laundry, main entrance, offices..

Plus the upper section is the warmest, driest area of the ground. Would kill another few hundred off our already :censored: crowds, not even Latics are that stupid. Are we?

Never underestimate the stupidity of people.