The January Window

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd be calling this a cracking window if the squad wasn't so thin.

But it is, and I still think we're a couple of players short.

An instinctive striker - we must have the slowest crop ever assembled - and a left back still required.

There's also an awful lot on the shoulders of this 18 year-old lad. He'll be compared to Palmer despite not having anywhere near the experience that Matty had.

Jordan Rhodes £10m to Wednesday, seriously. He struggles to get into the worst Scotland team in over 50 years

I had a heated discussion this evening with a Senior boss of a Sky telephone operative who insisted that the reason that all the Discovery Channels and Eurosport were being removed from my Sky subscription was because Discovery were being unreasonable in insisting on £1000m (a figure that has not been increased since 2006) to show all their channels on Rupert Murdochs platform.

Quite pleased with our transfer business, if it was to be three players I'd of brought in three midfielders as we needed a massive overhaul of personnel in there, in an ideal world a left back would of been nice but we will have Dunne coming back into the fold soon and Wilson has played there for us before, now we have mixed the midfield up I'm happy to wipe the slate clean with the strikers, Holloway, Erwin, Osei, Ngoo and McLaughlin give us options and I'm hoping they will now get the service they require, glad we kept Clarke he's been immense this season and I don't like seeing our leaders and better players go so fair play to Corney for rebuking that one.

Suggests he may be planning on playing Taylor on the right. Not sure whether O'Neill will partner Green and Fane in the middle or one of them and two up top. Interesting options now. Definitely needed to strengthen the midfield and wide areas.

Well done Shez!

..And Corney?

For being in this position at this time of year again yes we applaud you Mr Corney :chubb::youroff::dedhrse::thinking2:

:grin:

Sorry, I was forgetting the rule:

Anything bad that happens at the club = Corney's doing.

Anything good that happens at the club = Anybody but Corney's doing.

Good additions to the midfield, I'm not quite sure about Taylor if I'm honest...he had one good season the last time, is too lightweight, falls over too much and then spends too much time whinging when decisions don't go his way...what we desperately needed was another striker and unfortunately for whatever reason that hasn't happened. The players we do have now just have to step up and try to drag us out of this mess...again!

Good additions to the midfield, I'm not quite sure about Taylor if I'm honest...he had one good season the last time, is too lightweight, falls over too much and then spends too much time whinging when decisions don't go his way...what we desperately needed was another striker and unfortunately for whatever reason that hasn't happened. The players we do have now just have to step up and try to drag us out of this mess...again!

The criteria is are they better than what you have got, I think we can safely say yes.

Quite pleased with our transfer business, if it was to be three players I'd of brought in three midfielders as we needed a massive overhaul of personnel in there, in an ideal world a left back would of been nice but we will have Dunne coming back into the fold soon and Wilson has played there for us before, now we have mixed the midfield up I'm happy to wipe the slate clean with the strikers, Holloway, Erwin, Osei, Ngoo and McLaughlin give us options and I'm hoping they will now get the service they require, glad we kept Clarke he's been immense this season and I don't like seeing our leaders and better players go so fair play to Corney for rebuking that one.

? ???