The January Window

I can see Taylor being used centrally, would see him as a bigger goal threat than Flynn.

Perhaps. Flynn has looked lively on the wings sometimes, doing more than he maybe has from the middle of the park. Only thing is that with our tall and physical strikers we're going to need players who can cross a ball.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't be playing it down the wings, everything will go through Holloway and hopefully we will have the runners and legs from midfield to support the front two, our main problems this season has been the lack of a link between midfield and attack and these signings have addressed that, I'd expect Flynn to be far more effective for us now and can see goals in us now.

We won't be playing it down the wings, everything will go through Holloway and hopefully we will have the runners and legs from midfield to support the front two, our main problems this season has been the lack of a link between midfield and attack and these signings have addressed that, I'd expect Flynn to be far more effective for us now and can see goals in us now.

Aye, don't see a lot of silky football on the menu.

Can't say I'd be enthralled with Obadeyi.

Thinks he's one of those ten a penny, pacey, wingers, with not much technical ability.

He's scored 2 in 11 in his short stay at Dundee and got 12 in 44 for Kilmarnock, from the wing.

If he'd been here since August with those strike rates he'd be our top scorer.

Edited by HarryBosch

Quite pleased with our transfer business, if it was to be three players I'd of brought in three midfielders as we needed a massive overhaul of personnel in there, in an ideal world a left back would of been nice but we will have Dunne coming back into the fold soon

I keep reading this or similar - is he still here? I was under the impression he'd left after his deal ended...?

I keep reading this or similar - is he still here? I was under the impression he'd left after his deal ended...?

He triggered an automatic extension to the end of the season because of number of appearances. Coming back from hip injury. Edited by Bristolatic

It's no biggie. Why wouldn't he want to go if a club at the top end of the table want him. It's not like the Furman situation where we sat waiting for him to come back from SA and then pissed off at the first chance. Clarke has been our saviour for most of the season (along with Ripley) and I wouldn't have begrudged him going for a second. Fans should be delighted it hasn't happened and thank their lucky stars. Not look for reason to piss off one of our most important players.

It's no biggie. Why wouldn't he want to go if a club at the top end of the table want him. It's not like the Furman situation where we sat waiting for him to come back from SA and then pissed off at the first chance. Clarke has been our saviour for most of the season (along with Ripley) and I wouldn't have begrudged him going for a second. Fans should be delighted it hasn't happened and thank their lucky stars. Not look for reason to piss off one of our most important players.

Spot on BB80 we still need him motivated.

Ngoo will be a waste of a wage. I'm telling you now.

Other than that I'm fairly pleased with the incomings since Shez has come in. Would have liked one more CM and possibly another ST, but I can't be greedy.

You've already seen enough of Ngoo to write him off? OK.

Other than that I'm fairly pleased with the incomings since Shez has come in. Would have liked one more CM and possibly another ST, but I can't be greedy.

He did OK at Shrewsbury and feel it's to early to say he's Nogood.

It did, think Matt mentioned it more than once. Also Alan Nixon said he wanted to go.

I wouldn't have thought Alan Nixon would know if Clarke wanted to go, but I'll accept Matt Chambers is far more likely to. Couple them together and I'm sure it's agent led. Or that is what Scunny wanted to get I guess to unsettle, and us accept a cheap bid. I'm still sceptical it's even true.

But of course, he'd be mad not to consider an offer at this stage of his career like others have said.

Ngoo was excellent against Shrewsbury. With better deliveries into him he'd have surely bagged. Granted, we said the same about Cassidy, but you can only go off what you've seen so far, and I was very impressed for a lad who hasn't played professional football in a couple of years.

Having read about him I'm even more optimistic. He had a terrible injury while trying to find his feet in the game beyond Liverpool. He'll be fresh, has a point to prove and simply is so big that he will be at least a nuisance to most defenders in this league.

Ngoo was excellent against Shrewsbury. With better deliveries into him he'd have surely bagged. Granted, we said the same about Cassidy, but you can only go off what you've seen so far, and I was very impressed for a lad who hasn't played professional football in a couple of years.

Having read about him I'm even more optimistic. He had a terrible injury while trying to find his feet in the game beyond Liverpool. He'll be fresh, has a point to prove and simply is so big that he will be at least a nuisance to most defenders in this league.

IIRC Sheridan didn't exactly gush about him upon arrival, sounds as though the signing had been agreed beforehand.

You'd like to think he could make an impact though.