• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The things that struck me about the game:

1) both sides were awful

2) McKay had a mare

3) we didn't deserve to lose it

4) at no point did I think we would score

5) I felt no frustration or emotion of any sort when Law stuck it in his own net right in front of me

The things that struck me about the game:

1) both sides were awful

2) McKay had a mare

3) we didn't deserve to lose it

4) at no point did I think we would score

5) I felt no frustration or emotion of any sort when Law stuck it in his own net right in front of me

this for me except for point 2

Guest nonaenever

NNN, is ir SR's fault.... or is it the hand he was dealt 2 weeks before the season started....?

As I said, we have many problems at Latics - and, of course he was dealt a raw deal.

However, I maintain he is not management material - an inability to motivate, horrible style of football and I think the poster immediately after you posed your question summed it up perfectly.

If people on here think Robbo deserves to keep his job - my personal view is that you are helping condemn us to relegation. The manager's position is one of the few things we can influence. It's not a nice business but I don't want us to be relegated. We will, for sure, with Robbo in charge.

That was :censored:ing :censored:. I feel sorry for mckay, he may not be a world beater but he works his socks off for no reward. Gets no support and no service, we spent the first half hoofing the ball to him against there 6ft5 defender (who got their man of match) and he had no chance.

McLaughlin plays well for a month on the right wing then move him to left wing back where he's ridiculously ineffective. He brings Flynn off who albeit isn't consistent, is out most attacking and creative player when people like law, McLaughlin and osei stayed on.

His selections, subs and tactics are absolute dross and once again a game we haven't even come close to scoring in (the right net).

Plus side was thought we looked solid at the back apart from the last 5 mins where every single player was blowing out their arse.

Midfield Is a massive problem, a winger and centre midfielder are a priority this transfer window.

It's a miracle we haven't been massively cut adrift at the bottom and if we play January right, in sacking Robbo and appointing the right man and signing the right players we could stay up. Failing to do so... we're going down without even a fight.

That was 2 poor teams serving up dross. Can I say though that substituting Green was a mistake as he was the best of the midfield (that's not saying a lot). Heard that 3 are coming in. Just hope it's Messi, Bale and Ronaldo.

Been a big critic of Green but first half yesterday felt was one of his better games

It's not a nice business but I don't want us to be relegated. We will, for sure, with Robbo in charge.

You're probably right but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Robbo could keep us up if he can sign a decent forward and/or creative midfielder or suddenly get a tune out of one of these. We're only 4 points off 5th bottom with a game in hand.

If Corney does replace him it has to be somebody who isn't going to moan about his lot like SR's been doing a bit. I'd rather let Robbo try and sort the mess out than replace him with a "it's not my fault" merchant. A similar (public) attitude to Shez's "you just have to get on with it" is essential.

Hard to do much once you are substituted, just thought he gave us more in midfield, would have taken Law off if I was to change anything.

Seems a lot of these players have little stamina. Is it a case of their legs have gone or inadequate training in your opinion?

I remember the Lincoln manager saying his full time players were as fit as any in the Premiership, which is clearly not the case at this club.

Edited by BP1960

Seems a lot of these players have little stamina. Is it a case of their legs have gone or inadequate training in your opinion?

I remember the Lincoln manager saying his full time players were as fit as any in the Premiership, which is clearly not the case at this club.

Yesterday in my eyes Green was our best midfield player, I didnt think Green was tiring but I'm sure the manager sees things that I don't. As a team we seem to have less stamina than the opposition, but we also seem to have an inferior passing ability, our most effective passer of the ball was Clarke.

Been a big critic of Green but first half yesterday felt was one of his better games

Yeah, he wasn't too bad yesterday.

I thought Burgess was good aswell, seemed fired up.

Dummigan was a disgrace - what the :censored: has happened to him?

Robbo can have no complaints if he's sacked but part of me is intrigued to see what might happen if he was given until Shrewsbury with Ladapo & Erwin replaced with better.

My heart says he might be able to turn it round and I genuinely like the bloke and really want him to but my head says only a new man can get us scoring, break this losing habit & stop us having such bad luck as we had with the own goal yesterday.

Yeah, he wasn't too bad yesterday.

I thought Burgess was good aswell, seemed fired up.

Dummigan was a disgrace - what the :censored: has happened to him?

Robbo can have no complaints if he's sacked but part of me is intrigued to see what might happen if he was given until Shrewsbury with Ladapo & Erwin replaced with better.

My heart says he might be able to turn it round and I genuinely like the bloke and really want him to but my head says only a new man can get us scoring, break this losing habit & stop us having such bad luck as we had with the own goal yesterday.

Dummingham looks to to have a lazy attitude, his half hearted attempt to tackle Cole before the cross was an example and I hope the manager noted that. Law is another weak tackler IMO.

Fitness appears to be a problem, but we must remember that most of this team didn't have a proper pre-season. Generally professionals say that you need a good pre-season to carry you through the season. Whilst there may be an element that you can catch up we have too many players without a pre-season in the locker.

With regards to Green his game is heavily based on running and getting about the pitch,I think father time has caught up with him which is why he was available for us to sign.

Not making excuses for such utter dross that is served up, but the buck stops at SCs door who allowed most of last year's squad to leave.

Fitness appears to be a problem, but we must remember that most of this team didn't have a proper pre-season. Generally professionals say that you need a good pre-season to carry you through the season. Whilst there may be an element that you can catch up we have too many players without a pre-season in the locker.

With regards to Green his game is heavily based on running and getting about the pitch,I think father time has caught up with him which is why he was available for us to sign.

Not making excuses for such utter dross that is served up, but the buck stops at SCs door who allowed most of last year's squad to leave.

I appreciate we missed pre season but so do tens of footballers up and down the country with injury. If a player broke his leg and only started training in august, would you use his injury as an excuse for poor fitness in january?

We rushed green back from injury..thats something i can accept

I appreciate we missed pre season but so do tens of footballers up and down the country with injury. If a player broke his leg and only started training in august, would you use his injury as an excuse for poor fitness in january?

We rushed green back from injury..thats something i can accept

Possibly works different for each player. I would expect some to catch up and others to always be a bit off the pace. We probably have a mix of those that have caught up and those that haven't

Possibly works different for each player. I would expect some to catch up and others to always be a bit off the pace. We probably have a mix of those that have caught up and those that haven't

Looking at the recent gym training video I've put more effort into walking the dog. In fact my dog is far more enthusiastic.

The way SR sets us up and wants them to play runs them into the ground...always chasing the 2nd ball. If they where told to keep the ball and rest in possession we wouldn't see as many knackered or showing signs of tiredness late in the match. It's more than just someone isn't fit it's the whole way we're playing chasing shadows most the match in my opinion.

Edited by super_blue