Port Vale home ...goal feast?

Today reminded me of some of the earlier games this season. Disappointed not to score but I felt like I'd watched a performance I could take something from. With his limitations an aggressive Fane changes the balance in the team. Special Mention to Crofty for not dying after his 40 yard chase. Can't see how Banks starts before young Carl in a million years.

Didn't think Banks did much wrong today, played further upfield and sprayed some good passes. McLaughlin and Flynn struggled though. Neither looks fully fit.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, how did Croft get man of the match? He was bog standard.

It was obviously Osei, and it seems counter-productive to not award him it given he'll be looking for confidence.

Watching Crofty run today was like watching the little fat kid in school running the 100 metres in sports day, hes trying his hardest your naturally rooting for him but it's also hilarious watching his tits bounce up and down.

Tongue now out of cheek I thought Crofty played really well today he clearly put a shift in and he was one of the few who looked like he had something resembling composure on the ball.

Regarding Osei he's a willing runner and like everyoneelse he gave it 100% today but hes not a goalscorer. He isn't the answer upfront.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Tongue now out of cheek I thought Crofty played really well today he clearly put a shift in and he was one of the few who looked like he had something resembling composure on the ball.

Regarding Osei he's a willing runner and like everyoneelse he gave it 100% today but hes not a goalscorer. He isn't the answer upfront.

Isnt croft up for contract renewal? Not seen him put a shift like that in in a while.

Osei.. I wouldnt rule him out as a goalscorer just yet but i did sit thinking if he had a holloway type next to him it could actually be half decent.

It was obviously Osei, and it seems counter-productive to not award him it given he'll be looking for confidence.

One of the things I enjoy about going to games is how people see things differently. I was very impressed with Osei but thought Croft was outstanding. He was everywhere. Covering,available,creative and lasted 90 minutes. Way above average.

We should sit next to each other next time.

Banks was poor, :censored:ting out of tackles and a general willingness to be nowhere near the battle, Winchester for all his faults should be in the middle of the park, packing the midfield did enable us to get a foot hold in the game and Fane did a great job dropping in to cover Wilson and Burgess when they ventured forward to support the wing backs, a lot of that work of his goes unnoticed but for me it was a disciplined performance from him and looks a shoe in to start in front of Green on Tuesday.

He was excellent for me apart from his final ball in their third but the final ball is a problem the whole team have.

Banks was poor, :censored:ting out of tackles and a general willingness to be nowhere near the battle, Winchester for all his faults should be in the middle of the park, packing the midfield did enable us to get a foot hold in the game and Fane did a great job dropping in to cover Wilson and Burgess when they ventured forward to support the wing backs, a lot of that work of his goes unnoticed but for me it was a disciplined performance from him and looks a shoe in to start in front of Green on Tuesday.

Disagree thought Banks did well and showed up well without the ball too.

One of the things I enjoy about going to games is how people see things differently. I was very impressed with Osei but thought Croft was outstanding. He was everywhere. Covering,available,creative and lasted 90 minutes. Way above average.

We should sit next to each other next time.

See other thread! Palmer1 is spouting about Osei what I'd consider Croft's performance to have been. Can't remember anything he did that was significant, despite getting involved.

We looked better today because they were so :censored:. Banks is a :censored:ing soft arse always on the floor for nothing even got booed off thats how :censored: he was

He wasn't booed off at all and I think the majority will say he had a decent game.

There were cheers when he came off and boos when Green came on.

I'm just hoping we release every attacking player/loan that we can this Jan. Totally inept in the final 3rd. Only Osei shows any desire.

I'd cart Flynn Croft Winchester and all the strikers bar Osei without question.

Green was very good when he came on.

Shame about the past 3 months...

There were cheers when he came off and boos when Green came on.

I'm just hoping we release every attacking player/loan that we can this Jan. Totally inept in the final 3rd. Only Osei shows any desire.

I'd cart Flynn Croft Winchester and all the strikers bar Osei without question.

I don't like Winchester either, he's too unreliable. But he DID put in a decent shift today.

Flynn, I dunno. On the fence about him

Croft on the other hand: first time he's been given a full 90 minutes in a while, and he made the most of it. He's a good player and he makes the effort and regularly puts in a solid shift, even as a sub. REALLY don't see why people hate him so much. Did he pick on you back in highschool or something?

:censored: me. Those highlights are poor - doesn't show us hit the post in the last minute or Ladapo in the first half at the front post...

Hard to ignore the part played by Osei in several of those chances. He was excellent yesterday - got us ticking more than any striker has done this season.