Port Vale home ...goal feast?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh agree that formation seems to work for us. Thought Wilson was solid in the 3 as usual as well.

He was solid as was Clarke, needed more from McLaughlin at wing back though. Croft didn't fade today and showed he can play 90 minutes.

How did Ladapo miss those chances?

Since he switched him to the left it's killed his game, did better on the right second half but gives the impression he wants to cruise through games, we're still desperate for a left full/wing back, if we brought three decent players in we'd be competitive.

I would try Dummington as the wing back instead of McLaughlin, I would keep Fane and Oseu in the team as they will get better with more games. We are still going down but at least they showed some fight, also well played to their goalie, 2 outstanding saves won them a point.

That mckay did well when on... Shows some good touches.

Osei was good today... Really put himself about

Fane pushed us forward which he did early season and then stopped

Back 3 all playes well.. Ripley too.

Croft clearly trimmed down and playing for a new contract... Can he do it for half a season consistently?

Really feel for robbo tonight, we did what we have all been waiting for and had a go. Very unlucky not to have 3 pointa and he must be wondering what he's done wrong in a previous life.

Still not convinced hes the man for us but showed passion today on the touchline. Really cant decide whether we give him the benefit and let him bring in some players or run the risk of bringimg in a new manager.

First time I can say we've come away from a game unlucky. Couple of tremendous saves and a couple of poor finishes from these dreaded strikers away from beating a terrible Port Vale side.

Players came with urgency today. Osei was superb - their #24 probably hasn't been harried like that in donkeys, and it created chances - Fane decided he was gonna run for ten yards before every pass, which caused problems for Vale. Banks was bad, Croft average, Mclaughlin and Flynn poor, but we just looked livelier than I've seen them before.

Won the ball high and looked a unit, without the quality all the time. That's the kind of performance that'll keep us up if we can add a few. Why can't we play with that energy every week? It's the bear minimum we should be expecting.

Guest nonaenever

We deserved to win - I genuinely feel a bit sorry for the manager today - I don't know how we didn't score.

Nice to see Fane making those surges forward again, just like he did early season. He's a nightmare to tackle because of his giraffe like legs - not the most elegant for sure - but him just piling forward with the ball scares them to pieces and creates stuff.

Best forward display we've seen at home in the league from Osei. He actually puts himself about a bit physically - gives defenders something to worry about - well done lad. Waste of time playing McLaughlin on the left; he was clearly uncomfortable trying to take people on down the left wing; their defenders knew it too - so correct to switch him to the right second half. Looked comfortable at the back - Clarke was really fired up about something and was immense - Burgess and Wilson v good too.

On the down side, I can now see that Ladapo isn't up to it (hung on to the hope he was) and thought Winny was pretty ineffective when he came on - have no idea how he missed that one - the keeper should never have been allowed to make that save in reality.

Overall though much, much better - why has it taken so long for some urgency to come into our game? A little lady luck and/or calm finishing and it would have been at least 2-0

We played better and should have won it but Port Vale were awful. They still easily cut through us on the few times they came forward.

Once again it was another Oldham nil. I can't see anyone else coming to BP and being as worse as Vale.

17-2 on skybet for a 0-0 draw I'm very tempted

The most dissapointing thing about today was forgetting to do this.

Great effort today but very very little quality.

The part that summoned up our season was in the second half, that moment where Fane had the ball in the middle of the pitch all he had to do was execute a fairly straightforward ball and Osei was in and he over hit it and it went straight through to the keeper.

It's not a lack of effort it's a lack of composure. Port Vale were crap and we still couldn't score past them. That is sending us down 2 strikers 2 midfielders still needed minimum.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The most dissapointing thing about today was forgetting to do this.

Great effort today but very very little quality.

The part that summoned up our season was in the second half, that moment where Fane had the ball in the middle of the pitch all he had to do was execute a fairly straightforward ball and Osei was in and he over hit it and it went straight through to the keeper.

It's not a lack of effort it's a lack of composure. Port Vale were crap and we still couldn't score past them. That is sending us down 2 strikers 2 midfielders still needed minimum.

Yep. I'm okay if the players aren't good enough - that's the Chairman's fault for our shambolic summer - what I do object to is the tepid way we've played for the majority of the season. I do feel like there has been a lack of effort which has of course been detrimental.

Today was better. Add a little bit of quality in midfield and a striker or two and we'll win.

The Fane misplaced pass was poor but he'd given us enough over the course of the game - we all know his faults and strengths. Ladapo's misses were the criminal bits. Woeful to not challenge the keeper with the first one.

Oh yeah, how did Croft get man of the match? He was bog standard.

It was obviously Osei, and it seems counter-productive to not award him it given he'll be looking for confidence.

Osei was excellent today, shame the chances Ladapo had didn't fall for him today.

Today reminded me of some of the earlier games this season. Disappointed not to score but I felt like I'd watched a performance I could take something from. With his limitations an aggressive Fane changes the balance in the team. Special Mention to Crofty for not dying after his 40 yard chase. Can't see how Banks starts before young Carl in a million years.