While I agree with your assessment that they used it as a way to bin him off for poor form, a discipliniary process can take weeks.

They probably waited for the FA report. Then gave notice of an internal hearing (minimum seven days?). Then a few days to make a decision. Then an appeals process.

Wouldn't he have been placed on gardening leave/suspended like we did with Tuohy and Montano? Edited by RobOAFC

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Unfair dismissal?" " load of garbage? "Statement of bollocks"?.......

Well if he was not dismissed for gross misconduct there is a blank cheque waiting for him in the nearest libel court........St John, so cruelly wronged, need not work again given this humiliation heaped on him in such a public way. The sky is the limit for his pay out

Then again of course it may not be unfair garbage or bollocks

Well if he was not dismissed for gross misconduct there is a blank cheque waiting for him in the nearest libel court........St John, so cruelly wronged, need not work again given this humiliation heaped on him in such a public way. The sky is the limit for his pay out

If he'd won nine in a row they have kept him regardless.

He handed them an excuse to fire him without compensation.

Here he is again. Do you think they would have sacked him for this incident if they had won the last 9 games or do you think they used it as an excuse to avoid a payout?

I look forward to you completely avoiding andwering that question.

Here he is again. Do you think they would have sacked him for this incident if they had won the last 9 games or do you think they used it as an excuse to avoid a payout?

I look forward to you completely avoiding andwering that question.

If it was not justified and justifiable he can sue in these circumstances for libel and defamation for a sum which would very likely run to 6 figures. So if they were using it as an excuse to avoid a pay out they are very stupid.

So the answer to your question is no . They are undoubtedly not using it as an excuse

If it was not justified and justifiable he can sue in these circumstances for libel and defamation for a sum which would very likely run to 6 figures. So if they were using it as an excuse to avoid a pay out they are very stupid.

So the answer to your question is no . They are undoubtedly not using it as an excuse

They are absolutely using it as a means not to pay him compensation. Sheridan's sacking was on the cards regardless, but he handed them the opportunity to do it without a pay out. It's justifiable, yes; if you do something like that, you leave yourself open. However, there is absolutely no way they'd have done if they were sat top of the league.

Has anyone said it's not justifiable? Or are people saying it looks very much like an excuse?

They are absolutely using it as a means not to pay him compensation. Sheridan's sacking was on the cards regardless, but he handed them the opportunity to do it without a pay out. It's justifiable, yes; if you do something like that, you leave yourself open. However, there is absolutely no way they'd have done if they were sat top of the league.

But they were justified in dismissing him for Gross Misconduct....and that really has been the point of this debate. His behaviour was and has now been shown to be indefensible and a dismissible offence......far from light hearted banter and laughter with a referree some posters want to protray

Stop being a cock.

He handed them a sustainable reason that they wouldn't have used if they'd been doing well.

Sorry O4U but whether charges are pressed is irrelevant to the core issue of whether Sheridan's actions were reprehensible and indefensible. However as you know dismissing somebody for Gross misconduct and putting that in the public domain is a pretty serous course of action and would not be done lightly

Attempts on this board to mitigate, minimise or deny the serious nature of our manager's actions are, I feel , misguided and parochial and I feel deserving of challenge.

Sorry O4U but whether charges are pressed is irrelevant to the core issue of whether Sheridan's actions were reprehensible and indefensible. However as you know dismissing somebody for Gross misconduct and putting that in the public domain is a pretty serous course of action and would not be done lightly

Attempts on this board to mitigate, minimise or deny the serious nature of our manager's actions are, I feel , misguided and parochial and I feel deserving of challenge.

True.

But didn't you laugh even a little bit when you read it?

What a jobsworth...pull yourself away from the textbook and get some perspective

Oh give it a rest.

Whilst you're harping on about this, Shez's kids are still waiting for their Christmas presents. How do you think they feel?