Coventry

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell.. Dodged a bullet there didnt we? From Holloway going off to the end of the first half we were the worst ive seen all season, if Coventry would of put their chances away we could of lost today, still confused as to why Sheridan replaced a forward with a defensive midfielder when we had N'Goo Osei on the bench.

That being said second half alot more like it still abit shakey at the back but we got 3 points and moved out of the relegation zone.

Osei offers little different to the front three we were left with.

Ngoo is unbelievably unfit. But definitely different.

Bloody hell.. Dodged a bullet there didnt we? From Holloway going off to the end of the first half we were the worst ive seen all season, if Coventry would of put their chances away we could of lost today, still confused as to why Sheridan replaced a forward with a defensive midfielder when we had N'Goo Osei on the bench.

That being said second half alot more like it still abit shakey at the back but we got 3 points and moved out of the relegation zone.

I don't think we dodged a bullet at all if anything we had plenty of chances ourselves which could easily have gone in on another day arguably we should have made the margin bigger.

That second half was the best performance Ive seen this season we should be proud of that they really put a shift in.

First time seeing Hunt and O'Neill and they both look decent. O'Neill isn't Palmer for passing but lovely to see a midfielder running forward both with and without the ball. Get a bit of shooting practice I'm and he'll answer part of the, "where are the goals coming from," question.

Hunt looked really good except when he did something :censored: if that makes any sense.

I thought Clarke fouled their player leaning all over his back with his arm to get to the header, so did a couple of others around me too. I even thought the ref disallowed it as he seem to waiver it off crossing his arms but he was indicating to their keeper no foul. We were lucky in my opinion.

Just seen it and definitely no foul for me. Clarke stuck his head down when Clarke tried to clear and won the ball. He wanted it more.

Edited by super_blue

I don't think we dodged a bullet at all if anything we had plenty of chances ourselves which could easily have gone in on another day arguably we should have made the margin bigger.

That second half was the best performance Ive seen this season we should be proud of that they really put a shift in.

Maybe dodged a bullet was abit excessive but Cov could of had us dead and buried, yes the team put a shift in second half but we didnt defend as well as we could of done either.

Maybe dodged a bullet was abit excessive but Cov could of had us dead and buried, yes the team put a shift in second half but we didnt defend as well as we could of done either.

It was nervous towards the end we could have drawn or even lost it they probably edged the first half aswell but overall I think the victory was deserved.

But like I said I think Coventry are down there due to their defence rather than what they have going forward.

I said that we would win ,after they didn't put there chances away, for there second goal I was surprised there play beat both Clarke and gerrard in the air.

They had the beating of us one on one and we're were poorly organised in defence.

Can I just throw it out there that Gerrard is a really poor footballer? Why the :censored: he takes set pieces when he can't pass 10 yards is a mystery. I'd rather Edmundson was playing

Played :censored: - got three points.

I will settle for that, we've played better in games and got balls all so it's satisfying to get a not at our best three points.

The substitution was a little baffling as it left us with two Diddy men up front who looked completely out of their depth, Ngoo seemed to give us a lift despite spending most the time on his arse, he looked like he'd been shot half a dozen times and runs like he's battling through treacle.

Most important thing today was the result so job done in that respect.

They had the beating of us one on one and we're were poorly organised in defence.

Can I just throw it out there that Gerrard is a really poor footballer? Why the :censored: he takes set pieces when he can't pass 10 yards is a mystery. I'd rather Edmundson was playing

Nah - while his defending is a bit agricultural he can play and pass a bit.

I'm sure he pinged at least two beautiful balls today.

Consider he'd played 15 times for Shrewsbury last season before he arrived here. This season he'd played none. We won't see him back at his best for a few games yet.

You're just anti-Scouse.

Edited by HarryBosch

I've read a few things on here and on Facebook am I in the minority here I thought the second half performance was really good it was good open game of football with both teams going for it.

We've been whinging about the lack of entertainment all season that was an entertaining second half.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Played :censored: - got three points.

I keep reading this or similar.

We scored early (at last) before Holloway's departure and a :censored: remainder of the first half then we did a :censored:load of attacking in the second half and could have had way more than 3 (and, yes, they could have had way more than 2).

Was today's scrappy but constantly threatening performance the antithesis of those "ooh, didn't we play well" losses under Robbo where the opposition let us play and run around like headless chickens in areas where we were never going to hurt them?

Edited by HarryBosch

I've read a few things on here and on Facebook am I in the minority here I thought the second half performance was really good it was good open game of football with both teams going for it.

We've been whinging about the lack of entertainment all season that was an entertaining second half.

First half wasn't that bad either.

No pleasing some people.

I think the frustration with the performance boils down to these comments from me:

(1) Coventry, bottom of the table and cut adrift, scored 2 goals against our normally "'mean" defence. And being honest, they could have had more (2 off the woodwork).

(2) For a period of time we had 6 midfielders on the pitch but seemed to be playing long ball and by-passing the midfield. No recognised strikers at home! Really!

(3) The level of dropping back and giving them space when it went to 3-2 was deeply concerning. We lacked the ability / mental strength / professionalism to grab hold he game, control the ball and make them chase it a bit

But that said It's a crucial 3 points. The table looks better. We scored 3 goals. And some performances were decent (O'Niell MOTM for me - really good footballer there in the future).

I think Ngoo is a very blunt tool - gangly, big, and causes a bit of panic, but ultimately based on what I have seen so far, I'd put him in the category of one the most technically inept players I can recall. Can barely control his limbs, never mind the ball, and seems woefully unfit.

What Erwin must be thinking (if he is still with us) about being behind him in the pecking order. He has been poor too, but at least looks like he might know what a footballer looks like.

Overall - Shez seems to be repeating last year. We were a poor team, getting almost zero results. We are still a ooor team, but we are grinding out results and giving ourselves a chance. Given where we were, that is good enough at the moment.