Coventry

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very harsh criticism of Ngoo on here. The lad who has missed a lot of football due to bad injuries has come back with no preseason clearly his fitness will improve. The lad came on and changed the game today. Did the ugly stuff we have missed most of the season. Challenged for every header, held the ball up and only when he became tired did Coventry come back into it.

Heard Erwin's 'I'm better than you lot' attitude is why we tried to get rid of him hence why he isn't making the bench.

Was very impressed by the left back for us yesterday. Reckord and dunne don't even get close to how good this lad will be in a few years.

Banks another who came on and the first time I have seen him throw himself about and get in oppositions faces. Was refreshing to see.

Thought O'Neil was poor for 60 mins but his bursting runs in the second half need to continue they were superb.

Just seen it and definitely no foul for me. Clarke stuck his head down when Clarke tried to clear and won the ball. He wanted it more.

From the Frizzell stand, clarkeys left arm was right across the shoulder blades of their player, pushing him down as Got his head on the ball. Ref didn't see it as he was still running into the box, our players ran off to the north stand, ref was then waiving it off, arms a crossed infront of him then uncrossed. I thought he saw the foul and had had said no goal,but it seemed he was saying to their gk no foul.

We got lucky, just shows the fine margins their are when you are at the bottom, but I'll take it...phew

Oh yes how many of you male tics have yet to brek the news to your beloved ones that you a re going to be at BP instead? I know that one young chap is not going to look forward in telling his missus the news tonight....yikes

"I have booked us a romantic dinner at a new restaurant by one of the winners of Master Chef. I think there might be some entertainment thrown in as well, but not sure...."

Think Ngoo is deceptive, looks like a big large lump, but boy he did a job yesterday.

Ran time down when we needed it near the corner flags, held up and layed off some decent balls the one where he passed it on for I have no idea who...might have been the chap with a headband in, to run in and smash the hoardings instead of the fourth and showed just after that a quick one two off his own feet to get into the box too.

We have to work with what we have got....hope though we play better on valentines though.

Edited by underdog

Great result, it's the points that matter ..We had 20 mins that won the game for us, but people need to evaluate the game as a neutral rather than as a fan really and admit we were poor,they had two off the woodwork which would have made it a different game... Can't see what others see in ngoo, Taylor didn't turn up.... But like I say 3 points is all that matters at this stage and gives us a glimmer of hope for the rest of the campaign, still a long way to go (and I expect pelters for being honest)

Edited by Andyrob75

"I have booked us a romantic dinner at a new restaurant by one of the winners of Master Chef. I think there might be some entertainment thrown in as well, but not sure...."

That's what one latics fans has done too that sits near me....the other one who realised it's not going to be pretty telling his other half is considering the same.

I have suggested that if they are really upset, then maybe book at night out to the theatre in a couple of weeks time for the ..meat pie sausage roll play, but he has a feeling that may make it worse hahah

Edited by underdog

Taylor didn't turn up....

Seen 2 of his 3 games since his return and that sums it up.

He always seemed to want the ball last time, constantly gesturing to teammates to pass or throw it to him. Early days but needs to improve to live up to people's expectations

To me the game changed when O'Neill was pushed forward early in the second half for a 10 to 15 minute spell, his speed and play in that spell was outstanding, when 3-1 up we sat back and let them come at us, our defence through out the game looked fragile ( surprisingly ) Gerrard to me looked a liability, lacks match fitness and seems to be on a very short fuse at the moment. Brian Wilson seemed to struggle as a full back in the second half and was ripped to pieces several times, he needed support and didn't seem to get it.

Overall to very poor teams, trying to play pub football ( no insult to pub football ) on a poor Sunday league pitch, we could easily have been 1-3 down at half time through failure to close players down.

Players who put a shift in:- Ripley, Clarke, O'Neill, McLaughlin ( very good goal ), Holloway, Flynn to some extent, the rest very so so ( being polite ).

Seen 2 of his 3 games since his return and that sums it up.

He always seemed to want the ball last time, constantly gesturing to teammates to pass or throw it to him. Early days but needs to improve to live up to people's expectations

I thought he was good when he was involved in the game, but a quiet performance all round from him.

Still adament he's better and more effective on the right wing than the left, but time will tell.

Though cov were the better team overall we seemed to play in spells but when we did have those spells we looked good and should of scored at least 3 more. Like him or not Ngoo is a menace and when he gets over his bad injury psychologically and can last more that 15 min he is going to cause some problems. Reminds me more of John Fashionu

To me the game changed when O'Neill was pushed forward early in the second half for a 10 to 15 minute spell, his speed and play in that spell was outstanding, when 3-1 up we sat back and let them come at us, our defence through out the game looked fragile ( surprisingly ) Gerrard to me looked a liability, lacks match fitness and seems to be on a very short fuse at the moment. Brian Wilson seemed to struggle as a full back in the second half and was ripped to pieces several times, he needed support and didn't seem to get it.

Overall to very poor teams, trying to play pub football ( no insult to pub football ) on a poor Sunday league pitch, we could easily have been 1-3 down at half time through failure to close players down.

Players who put a shift in:- Ripley, Clarke, O'Neill, McLaughlin ( very good goal ), Holloway, Flynn to some extent, the rest very so so ( being polite ).

I think Flynn has stolen a wage for the majority of the season. There is absolutely no way he was trying today. Assist aside.

Well my favourite score of 3 2. Great entertainment 2nd half. First half went wrong when they equalised so quickly and easily and our midfield fell apart. Even adding Green into the mix made no difference and we just made it to half time without going behind against a side that folds under pressure but can play if you stand off them.

Enjoyed the second half - we were much better as Hunt and O'Neill showed how good they can be. The cameo from Ngoo was the most entertaining bit. I suspect the adrenaline running through him wore him out but he did make a difference.

7 games FOUR wins and now 20th. This is what you get when a team is sent out to win rather than being told not to lose.

I despair at the negativity and criticism of our players. I didn't understand why Green came on but Lord John was right again as the result proves.

Poor this, bang average that.

I just thought it was a decent game between two sides who went out to win.

Goals, good performances, mistakes and the result was always in the balance - can't ask for more than that.

Yep, people being far too critical and going into minute detail over matters that don't really need too.... enjoy the goals and points fellas.

Oh, and I see no-one has patience with Chris Taylor again? Shock, I despise some of our fan base as times.