Coventry

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Thought he'd got it wrong at the time, but had Ngoo had to play 70 mins, he'd have probably died.

Ngoo's awkwardness won it in the end and it was a great illustration of what Holloway provides. Agree with the quoted post. I couldn't fathom bringing Green on (unless he thought they were skipping through our midfield too easily) but Ngoo was ready to be subbed after his 20 minutes of mayhem.

Thought we were poor for large spells, didn't think we deserved to win but I don't give a fook. Defensively we looked shaky all game, thought Ripley could of done better with their 1st, although to be fair it was a good strike and the ball was moving all over the place. Special thanks to their keeper for our 2nd up until then I thought we were poor, then for 10-15 mins it just clicked and we looked excellent. Where would we be without Clarke I wouldn't like to know, hugely important that we kept him on deadline day. The lad O'neill from Burnley when pushed further forward in the 2nd half was excellent, they couldn't touch him for 20 minutes, he oozes class, another great find from Shez. I found the 1st sub strange and extremely negative, I now know why Ngoo didn't come on as he can't play 20 mins let alone 70, goes to show us Latics fans don't know everything and to trust the managers decision. Huge win and out of the bottom 4, not the best performance but its not about performances at the minute, its all about results. We'll play better than that and lose this season. Another big win, I would be delighted with 4 points from these next 2.

Edited by daniel

How the hell did we win that?

An OG, our second should not have been allowed, the third was bloody brilliant....Ripley, rippled and let two in, they hit the post at least twice, and where the chuff did 5 mins of additional time come from? Grrrr..

I have to say in my mind it was the crowd again roaring the lads on that won it.

Not a brilliant match but two good subs give us the kick up the ass we need, Ngoo may not be the most brilliant

with his feet but boy he could stretch out time enough when he was stretching those legs out near the corner flags.

We had some luck they didn't fine bloody margins...so relived but I don't think we will be as lucky against Charton on valentines day night...

Oh yes how many of you male tics have yet to brek the news to your beloved ones that you a re going to be at BP instead? I know that one young chap is not going to look forward in telling his missus the news tonight....yikes

So after being out all day I logged in expecting to read breathless prose about a five goal thriller, scoring three for the first time in I don't know how long and being out of the bottom four. Seems we were terrible though...oh well.

The first half was poor the second half was a cracking game.

Ngoo won't play 90 minutes but he did enough to occupy the centre backs in that 30 minutes though.

O'Neil I thought was excellent second half particularly as the game opened up he started to find space in between Coventrys defence and midfield. Might have to get used to being kicked abit but if he gets in any bother he has a couple of battle hardened warriors in Clarke and Gerrard who will back him up.

Thought Hunt was very good at left back showed a desire to drive forward. Mclaughlins goal was superb and definitely our goal of the season.

I thought Coventry defensively were abysmal and their goalkeeper was comically bad. Going forward I didn't think they were that bad.

Overall a thoroughly entertaining second half 3 points 3 goals YES 3 THREE GOALS! a good day all round.

Edited by GlossopLatic

How the hell did we win that?

An OG, our second should not have been allowed, the third was bloody brilliant....Ripley, rippled and let two in, they hit the post at least twice, and where the chuff did 5 mins of additional time come from? Grrrr..

I have to say in my mind it was the crowd again roaring the lads on that won it.

Not a brilliant match but two good subs give us the kick up the ass we need, Ngoo may not be the most brilliant

with his feet but boy he could stretch out time enough when he was stretching those legs out near the corner flags.

We had some luck they didn't fine bloody margins...so relived but I don't think we will be as lucky against Charton on valentines day night...

Oh yes how many of you male tics have yet to brek the news to your beloved ones that you a re going to be at BP instead? I know that one young chap is not going to look forward in telling his missus the news tonight....yikes

Nothing wrong with the 2nd....there keeper dropped everything all day! There number 2 keeper must be really bad!

Nothing wrong with the 2nd....there keeper dropped everything all day! There number 2 keeper must be really bad!

I thought Clarke fouled their player leaning all over his back with his arm to get to the header, so did a couple of others around me too. I even thought the ref disallowed it as he seem to waiver it off crossing his arms but he was indicating to their keeper no foul. We were lucky in my opinion.

So after being out all day I logged in expecting to read breathless prose about a five goal thriller, scoring three for the first time in I don't know how long and being out of the bottom four. Seems we were terrible though...oh well.

Some pillock behind me's first words after we'd stopped celebrating going 3-1 up were along the lines of "yeah but, we've still been crap though" in a really self satisfied manner.

What's wrong with these people? Seriously, they need help if they're not already beyond it.

Same group were slagging Taylor from the off. I then heard someone else doing similar as soon as I went under the stand at half time. Him having a bad game seemed really important to them.

I thought Clarke fouled their player leaning all over his back with his arm to get to the header, so did a couple of others around me too. I even thought the ref disallowed it as he seem to waiver it off crossing his arms but he was indicating to their keeper no foul. We were lucky in my opinion.

Fair play...be interesting to see the highlights. I couldn't see much once he'd dropped it!

Big win. Very nervy at times. Shez got it wrong today and took an awful long time to correct it.

I thought he had got it wrong at the time when he made the change. However as ngoo was blowing out of his arse after just 20 minutes it was probably right not to bring him on with 70 left.

Bloody hell.. Dodged a bullet there didnt we? From Holloway going off to the end of the first half we were the worst ive seen all season, if Coventry would of put their chances away we could of lost today, still confused as to why Sheridan replaced a forward with a defensive midfielder when we had N'Goo Osei on the bench.

That being said second half alot more like it still abit shakey at the back but we got 3 points and moved out of the relegation zone.