Will we stay up this Season?

Will we stay up this season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will we stay up this Season

• Yes, with the Shezzurection part II and our back line it's an inevitability!
    • No, we can't score and our run in is a shocker...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will secure our league 1 status after the final home game of the season against Rochdale. Wimbledon away can then just turn into a piss up for those that want it.

Standing by this prediction 3 wins and a couple of draws from the 9 games left should do it. We will suffer a defeat or 2 in the next 9 which will cause abit of panic but we will Gloria Gaynor it before the last day of the season.

Now I am starting to panic... Port vale on the up, this is not good if we can't shift out of this spot soon

On the up? They've won one game.

However, I must admit that, due to not going that often these days, I have underestimated just how bad we are. I think we'll have enough to survive, but I don't think it'll be as clear cut as I originally expected...

On the up? They've won one game.

However, I must admit that, due to not going that often these days, I have underestimated just how bad we are. I think we'll have enough to survive, but I don't think it'll be as clear cut as I originally expected...

They have about three games in hand I think....I was hoping they would start to fluff it.

The team that got I out of it last year, we way better than this lot I have to say. However shezza is at least getting them to play and believe they can win and we have been bloody lucky along the way. We have been grinding the results out and worrying that we seem to be allergic to the penalty box as we can't get bloody well in it to have shot at least. I remember ripley's saves today. I just don't remember their GK being tested at all...very concerning.

After today I've voted No, sorry but it's difficult to see were the required points will come from, if you can't get yourself up for a local Derby against a piss poor team it's going to be a battle, I'm struggling to see where the goals never mind the wins are coming from, Oxford still have something to play for after today's decent win at Peterborough then we have the top three at home as well as Dale for our last home game which in all honesty is a nightmare run in. This could finally be our year.

Some very worrying signs going from what I'm reading about individual performances on here.

We're in a situation now where we can't afford to have players having off days. We need a string of big big performances.

If I was a betting man I'd say we're going down.

The problem is some aren't having off days, they are doing these best.

They have about three games in hand I think....I was hoping they would start to fluff it.

The team that got I out of it last year, we way better than this lot I have to say. However shezza is at least getting them to play and believe they can win and we have been bloody lucky along the way. We have been grinding the results out and worrying that we seem to be allergic to the penalty box as we can't get bloody well in it to have shot at least. I remember ripley's saves today. I just don't remember their GK being tested at all...very concerning.

We need to get more players in the box, Erwin will have to start alongside Holloway on Tuesday with McLaughlin and Obedayi on the wings.

Maybe Taylor for the out of touch O'Neil in central midfield supporting them.

Edited by BP1960

10 points might just be enough to keep us up but looking at the fixtures I can't see where we will find 3 wins. If we fail to beat Oxford on Tuesday I just can't see us staying up!

We've got 9 winnable games left. Come on you've been watching us long enough to know that we will lose the winable games and beat Sheffield United, Bolton Peterborough and Fleetwood.

We've got 9 winnable games left. Come on you've been watching us long enough to know that we will lose the winable games and beat Sheffield United, Bolton Peterborough and Fleetwood.

Lose the winnable games (9) and we're screwed aren't we?

Lose the winnable games (9) and we're screwed aren't we?

Er yes but if we lose all 9 games we deserve to go down.

See it as it is but not worse than it is.

Are we at risk of going down? Yes very much so.

Are all those 9 games we play winnable? Yes they are.

Are we going to win all those games? Unlikely

Are all the teams around us going to win all their games? No

No need to panic cool heads all round and we will survive.

As much as people talk about our tough run in look at the last 3 fixtures? By that time Bristol Rovers, Dale and Wimbledon are likely to be finished, and probably already thinking about their summer holidays if it comes down to it we can win the last 3 and stay up.

But like I say I think we will secure our status after the home game with Rochdale.

Edited by GlossopLatic

We might escape, but it's going to be agony hoping the oppostion don't score a goal so we can get a draw.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with a squad of players who don't know how to put the ball in the net and a coach under two managers who can't teach them.

Why does Barraclough escape any criticism, please explain what he's brought to the team in an attacking sense since he's been here under 2 managers?

Edited by BP1960

We might escape, but it's going to be agony hoping the oppostion don't score a goal so we can get a draw.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with a squad of players who don't know how to put the ball in the net and a coach under two managers who can't teach them.

Eh up, wondered how long that would take...

Whilst our defensive record stands up, the lack of goals is a massive worry that a change in manager hasn't improved significantly.

Looking round, we have on of the worst goal scoring records in all the leagues, and the only other teams as bad as us are rooted in their respective relegation zones.

If we manage to stay up you'd imagine it would be with a high number of 0-0 draws and a couple of narrow wins. But with the quality of teams we are playing over the next month or so, that defensive strength will be put under severe pressure.

A bit of overreacting going on here. People are forgetting that before Croft got himself sent off last week we were on a run of 5 undefeated, with 3 wins. Yesterday was our first poor performance since Shez returned.

Repeat our form of the last 9 games (4 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats) and we'll finish on 55. The next 9 might be more difficult on paper, but it's very rarely as simple as that at towards end of the season.

A bit of overreacting going on here. People are forgetting that before Croft got himself sent off last week we were on a run of 5 undefeated, with 3 wins. Yesterday was our first poor performance since Shez returned.

Repeat our form of the last 9 games (4 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats) and we'll finish on 55. The next 9 might be more difficult on paper, but it's very rarely as simple as that at towards end of the season.

It absolutely wasn't the first poor performance sine he came back. We were :censored:e at Shrewsbury...