Further info on winding up petition process

Just now, Steve_R said:

You always have plenty to say about it so it must be troubling you

What troubled me was the speed at with which certain posters jumped on it and built it from nothing to something based on absolutely feck all.  Pathetic behaviour.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What troubled me was the speed at with which certain posters jumped on it and built it from nothing to something based on absolutely feck all.  Pathetic behaviour.

So you keep saying, and keep saying, and keep saying.

Maybe people should just keep quiet if they have serious concerns over the financial situation at the club, and ignore Winding Up orders, transfer embargos etc to keep the likes of you happy

2 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

So you keep saying, and keep saying, and keep saying.

Maybe people should just keep quiet if they have serious concerns over the financial situation at the club, and ignore Winding Up orders, transfer embargos etc to keep the likes of you happy

He does seem insistent on trying to play down the concerns at the moment. Almost too insistent. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

He does seem insistent on trying to play down the concerns at the moment. Almost too insistent. 

...and another conspiracy theory...  dammit, you got me.  I'm Corney's 3rd cousin twice removed on his mums side by second marriage.

FFS!  grow up.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Can I engage with you from a different angle? It's certainly true that we've taken a large loan out from an unorthodox source during the season  for the second year running. We have been served with a winding up petition from the people who you pay first unless you are mad. We've sold the season tickets very early.

If we know nothing else, does this worry you?

Just now, leeslover said:

Can I engage with you from a different angle? It's certainly true that we've taken a large loan out from an unorthodox source during the season  for the second year running. We have been served with a winding up petition from the people who you pay first unless you are mad. We've sold the season tickets very early.

If we know nothing else, does this worry you?

It is concerning of course.  I don't sit here worrying about it though.  Does anybody really sit there worrying about it... honestly?  if you do then you have your life upside down.

We need a season of relative success and the crowds that could come with that.  No question.

I would think this is most supporters stance.  For all the noise and bullshit rumours peddled they achieve nothing.  Perhaps the rumours are a diversion

Maybe they should take a leaf from you and THEY should engage from a different angle.  When I have more time in a few years from now I will engage with the trust.  My first point would be that just because you volunteer doesn't mean you should be involved.  The trust should be run by and have competent people involved. 

5 hours ago, leeslover said:

The WUP is the biggest known fact that creates concern. We know that we owe other people money but have no idea how much or who. Whilst there is an element of joining dots up, or speculation if you like, IMO it's sufficient to be alarmed.

I was first concerned last year when we took the first Necarcu loan out as it appeared to be borrowing against the following season's money after the win win offer. What we know since seems to show that we are further behind since then.

Thank you

55 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It is concerning of course.  I don't sit here worrying about it though.  Does anybody really sit there worrying about it... honestly?  if you do then you have your life upside down.

We need a season of relative success and the crowds that could come with that.  No question.

I would think this is most supporters stance.  For all the noise and bullshit rumours peddled they achieve nothing.  Perhaps the rumours are a diversion

Maybe they should take a leaf from you and THEY should engage from a different angle.  When I have more time in a few years from now I will engage with the trust.  My first point would be that just because you volunteer doesn't mean you should be involved.  The trust should be run by and have competent people involved. 

I don't really understand your post. I sought to engage you using nothing but known verifiable facts, yet you revert to talk of speculation and rumour. 

I hope you will get involved in the Trust. It will be part of your legal responsibility to worry about this sort of shit if you do.

WUP aside, is the club in any different / worse position than 12-months ago?  

On the pitch would seem similar - other than to say this time some of the spine of the team - Clarke, Gerrard, Fane, Holloway are on longer term contracts - last summer of only 4/5 players registered that are not really wanted won't be happening. 

There has been investment - LED boards - which although may be via another company what would be the point if there was to be no club at least in the short term?  

Offer price ending on season ticket sales is early - but given last years discount is not being repeated there should be a little more money about? 

Clearly allowing the WUP being served is bad management and it is not the first example.  But is it terminal and the club is going to be placed into liquidation on 8th May? Can't see it personally - OEC, LED, Sheridan, Clarke and Holloway contracts - what's the point if it's all going to end in a couple of weeks time? 

Simon Corney is quite clearly a clever man - he must have a plan, would just be nice to have some communication as to what this looks like? The relationship on both sides - board / supporters is  strained it can be repaired? 

1 minute ago, Theoutsider said:

Simon Corney is quite clearly a clever man - he must have a plan

You had me to here.

On a serious note some aspects are looking up as he appears to be taking the football side of his interests more seriously, on the down side unpaid bills and an ever increasing loan are a bit of a worry. 

The Necarcu loan is a concern to as it was taken out with at least one board member not being consulted over or even advised of it. 

Don't all shareholders have to agree to accept the charge?

Don't all the board members of OAFC have a clear statutory duty to ensure the business is run properly for both creditors, shareholders and us fans?

Edited by underdog

Common or not, I agree unpaid bills is a worry and potentially a sign of stress with any business.

The loan confuses me a bit in so much as there was a charge registered last year.  Discharged and then immediately replaced with another charge of the same type.  My job is lending money to businesses - typically we'd take one charge which would cover any future advances. I don't understand why there has  been the requirement for the registration of a new charge.

Like us all Corney isn't perfect but it could be worse..... Leyton Orient anyone? 

9 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

WUP aside, is the club in any different / worse position than 12-months ago?  

On the pitch would seem similar - other than to say this time some of the spine of the team - Clarke, Gerrard, Fane, Holloway are on longer term contracts - last summer of only 4/5 players registered that are not really wanted won't be happening. 

There has been investment - LED boards - which although may be via another company what would be the point if there was to be no club at least in the short term?  

Offer price ending on season ticket sales is early - but given last years discount is not being repeated there should be a little more money about? 

Clearly allowing the WUP being served is bad management and it is not the first example.  But is it terminal and the club is going to be placed into liquidation on 8th May? Can't see it personally - OEC, LED, Sheridan, Clarke and Holloway contracts - what's the point if it's all going to end in a couple of weeks time? 

Simon Corney is quite clearly a clever man - he must have a plan, would just be nice to have some communication as to what this looks like? The relationship on both sides - board / supporters is  strained it can be repaired? 

Corney has a plan? It seems to me that we just react to the latest problems with more desperate measures than the last time. I can remember when he used to boast of how we were such a well run club that other clubs would cast envious eyes at the way we operated. Now some of those clubs have reported us to the FL as we withheld their ticket monies, we've defaulted on payments to the HMRC to the extent  that we've had winding up orders, and had to cash in on sell on clauses and take out loans from dubious sources just to get by till the next crisis arises. Doesn't seem like a carefully calculated plan to me.

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

Don't all the board members of OAFC have a clear statutory duty to ensure the business is run properly for both creditors, shareholders and us fans?

I'd suggest that rather than seeking advice on here, you get an expert in company law to review the situation. Drop me a line if you need pointing in the right direction.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

The Necarcu loan is a concern to as it was taken out with at least one board member not being consulted over or even advised of it. 

Do we know categorically if a new loan has been taken? 

The registration of a new charge in isolation does not prove it has - one explanation could be this was the refinance of existing borrowings. I acknowledge this is very much glass half full mentality however. 

No all shareholders would not have to accept the charge. The Directors are appointed by shareholders to manage the company. The charge was signed by which Mark Moisley in his role as a Director. 

10 minutes ago, underdog said:

First question... depends on shareholder agreement and articles. I doubt all shareholders would need to agree but possibly all directors or more likely a majority. 

Second one. Only obliged to act in best interest of shareholders. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Corney has a plan? It seems to me that we just react to the latest problems with more desperate measures than the last time. I can remember when he used to boast of how we were such a well run club that other clubs would cast envious eyes at the way we operated. Now some of those clubs have reported us to the FL as we withheld their ticket monies, we've defaulted on payments to the HMRC to the extent  that we've had winding up orders, and had to cash in on sell on clauses and take out loans from dubious sources just to get by till the next crisis arises. Doesn't seem like a carefully calculated plan to me.

As fans we might not like what it is but there must be some sort of strategy. Even if it is milk the club via OEC, LED Media, Brassbank, et al. 

He is not an Oldham fan - he is a businessman who bought the club presumably to make money. If he wanted to quit he could - again see Leyton Orient. What's stopping him? 

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Could the loan of been refinanced? 

When it leaked on social media and your trust rep immediately  asked about it and he was advised it was for "day to day running costs of the club".

There was a previous loan 12 months earlier for a lesser amount though, which someone higher up has explained better than me

Edited by underdog

11 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

As fans we might not like what it is but there must be some sort of strategy. Even if it is milk the club via OEC, LED Media, Brassbank, et al. 

He is not an Oldham fan - he is a businessman who bought the club presumably to make money. If he wanted to quit he could - again see Leyton Orient. What's stopping him? 

We could have a worse chairman than Corney, but we could also have a lot better. Why doesn't he leave? Who knows, maybe he is staying fleece the club via the other businesses etc, maybe his mates have him on a retainer to stay here and get the best he can from the club for them via land sales, North stand etc, maybe he's convinced he can make a success of it one day. At present though it's not working, and bad decision after bad decision are just making matters worse.

7 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

We could have a worse chairman than Corney, but we could also have a lot better. Why doesn't he leave? Who knows, maybe he is staying fleece the club via the other businesses etc, maybe his mates have him on a retainer to stay here and get the best he can from the club for them via land sales, North stand etc, maybe he's convinced he can make a success of it one day. At present though it's not working, and bad decision after bad decision are just making matters worse.

I can't disagree with most of that. 

I moved to Oldham 6-years ago and have only been following the club closely in the last 12-months, so can't comment what has gone on before. 

Looking through a fresh pair of eyes there are certainly some.... strange things that seem to go on. 

Against this background this is therefore a genuine question. Is it worse and if so why? 

48 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Could the loan of been refinanced? 

Call me a grammar Nazi if you like but the word is HAVE, not OF. It isn't would of/could of/should of, it's would have/could have/should have or, alternatively, would've/could've/should've and it very definitely isn't loan of!

And breathe....