Guest davidshaw
8 hours ago, manshaw said:

Might be good for a few extra supporters....unless they have all gone away for the weekend

Unfortunately not as it's all ticket. No tickets on sale after 6pm today (Thursday) so no opportunity to pick up on any last minute "pay on the day" fans. Sadly, this will keep the home support down and we might be outnumbered for this one - sincerely hope not because if this had been POTD I think we would have seen in excess of 5,000 home fans for this one (Easter weekend, weather not bad, a lot of middle-aged supporters remembering the tremendous rivalry between the clubs in the past etc.)

Plenty of neutrals who would generally pay on the day will be refused entry, another stupid decision, the biggest loser is the club, I still think we should of freed up a thousand seats in one of our stands for Bolton fans seeing as there will be over 4000 empty seats on the day.

Guest davidshaw

agree with you yarddog73 - with a 12.30 kick off, absolutely no need for this to be all ticket and we WOULD have had a real bumper crowd. Too many drama queens and jobsworths around amongst the stewards/safety people and the police. Personally - I would have given Bolton the Chaddy and the Rocky and let them sell them out. The Chaddy looked pretty empty against Sheff Utd - and there was loads of room in the North Stand too. Rather have 2 sides packed with Latics than the usual threadbare appearance within the ground. Atmosphere would have been electric.

No idea how many tickets we've sold but probably be not many more than 4,000 home fans?

Thank you jobsworths - you've not a clue about football.

Guest davidshaw

just bought 2 tickets for "regulars" who had forgotten it wasn't pay on the day (they don't use the internet and said nothing in Chron tonight) - was told we'd sold "about 2,000" home tickets. So plus season tickets might not even get us to 4,000 home supporters - dreadful.

54 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

just bought 2 tickets for "regulars" who had forgotten it wasn't pay on the day (they don't use the internet and said nothing in Chron tonight) - was told we'd sold "about 2,000" home tickets. So plus season tickets might not even get us to 4,000 home supporters - dreadful.

I'm fairly sure there are more than 2,000 home season ticket holders?

Guest davidshaw
2 hours ago, dec666 said:

I don't know dec - somebody said to me they thought it was about 1900  - assuming quite a few will be away for Easter too - in my opinion, looks like it's going to be a poor home turnout for arguably the most attractive game of the season with a lot at stake too.

2 hours ago, dec666 said:

22 minutes ago, davidshaw said:

I don't know dec - somebody said to me they thought it was about 1900  - assuming quite a few will be away for Easter too - in my opinion, looks like it's going to be a poor home turnout for arguably the most attractive game of the season with a lot at stake too.

Consudering we had over 1900 sold in the early bird offer recently I'd guess we have at least 2000 already from the start of the season. I thought it was about 2400. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Consudering we had over 1900 sold in the early bird offer recently I'd guess we have at least 2000 already from the start of the season. I thought it was about 2400. 

That was the figure I had in my head too.

Beat this lot and we are definitely safe.

Theres no way Bury will pick up 5/6 pts, Vale 7pts and Swindon 8pts in their remaining games, so there's 3 teams we'd finish above alongside Chesterfield and Coventry.

58 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

I'd go with...

Ripley

Law Clarke Gerrard Wilson

McLaughlin Green Fane Obadeyi

Holloway Erwin

I will go for that

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Think you're getting mixed up with last season. I think we sold around 1200 with the win/win offer then Shez left and the close season madness began with a mass player exodus. I can't imagine we sold another 800 after what went on!!  

Incidentally, why does the club never divulge the total season ticket sales sold?

10 hours ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

I'd go with...

Ripley

Law Clarke Gerrard Wilson

McLaughlin Green Fane Obadeyi

Holloway Erwin

Bloody 'ell, Back on topic.

Since my original post, Sheridan has stated that Bolton play a 3-5-2 and he would go like for like to match them.

So we may well see Banks retained in the middle three. Whoever plays wide left needs to track back when we are under pressure down that flank. 

I'm up for this, literally and figuratively, and will be on the road before eight...

Holloway a doubt again and Chambers has him on the bench at best. I said when he was signed that the problem would be keeping him fit. For a young lad his fitness record is shocking.

Lets hope Shez is just keeping Bolton guessing and Holloway is OK. He makes a massive difference to the way we play and would be a huge loss tomorrow!

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 7:26 PM, oldhamoafc said:

A lot of morais' assists have been from corners.

Not looked at official stats but think both their centre halves are close to double figures.

Correct Beavers and Wheater have both scored 7 a piece.

While as others have said we shouldn't let Bolton team dictate our team selection we have to take the threat seriously Morais delivery and the fact that they are a big side you will hope we have worked out a plan to deal with this. With the likes of Clarke Gerrard Holloway abd Fane in the side we should be able to deal with the threat of a big physical side.

They play 3-5-2 and get the ball forward we have to decide to continue with 3-5-2 and match them up or go for a 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-3-1 and possibly try and get down the flanks at them.

Don't expect a pure passing football game tomorrow but do expect a battle. I think we can at least a point.