Final League Tables 30.04.2017 (And Award Ceremony)

nzlatic is the Premier League Champion :first::applause1:with disjointed, rosa, and SAV retaining their European qualification. Stevie_J takes the last Europa League place as Carl Waters falls to 8th place. At the other end of the table, warwickshire latics, HarryBosch and Handsy are relegated, the latter’s 8 points not being enough to preserve tops division status. Top scorer was astottie with 11 points.

Premier League

GgmxGWc.jpg?2

0fXQVUH.jpg?2

Hometownclub’s promotion from the Championship is confirmed :first::applause1:, despite only scoring 1 point, but ended the season 23 points ahead. JoeP lost out in the second automatic promotion place and drops into the play-offs as BP1960 picked up 11 points to replace him. youngen stays in the play-offs along with a259 and dave_ragg1984. Oafc1895 didn’t make it, his 6 points not being sufficient. Seven players did not take part

Championship

BrdmJ9d.jpg?2

KnBUpRq.jpg?2

Play-offs

Thursday, 4th May 19:45 kick-off

youngen v JoeP [Millwall v Scunthorpe Utd]

dave_ragg1984 v a259 [Bradford City v Fleetwood]

Sunday, 7th May 18:30 kick-off

JoeP v youngen [Scunthorpe Utd v Millwall]

a259 v dave_ragg1984 [Fleetwood v Bradford City]

Remember to post in the order of home v away teams in each leg.

Predictions for first scorer will be for which player you believe will score first irrespective of which team they play for.

As an example, the first leg could look like this for youngen or JoeP - Millwall 1-2 Scunthorpe (HT 1-1) - Morrison (Millwall) - 12,387

End of Season Awards

Premier League

Most:

Correct results (W,L,D) – nzlatic (23)

Half time scores – Stevie_J (21)

Full time scores – nzlatic (9)

Latics goals – Carl Waters (21)

Opponents’ goals – nzlatic (21)

First Latics scorer – SAV (4)

Attendance – NewBlue (48 points)

Championship

Most:

Correct results (W,L,D) – pjkent (19)

Half time scores – youngen (19)

Full time scores – pjkent (8)

Latics goals – dave_ragg1984 (23)

Opponents’ goals – youngen & milnrow latics (15)

First Latics scorer – aidan_latics (4)

Attendance – Hometownclub (40 points)

If you spot any errors in that lot, PM me and I'll sort it out. After I've had a lie down in a darkened room!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to nzlatic. He's bounced back from last year's final day meltdown to succeed me as Champion and he's well worth it. Disjointed will be happy with second, which says it all. Rosa will be happy with third but, in a poor league deprived of its best player, this sort of prestige-sapping result is to be expected. 

Harry Bosch going down is the big LOLZ this season, although rudemedic, the everyman's everyman, is always worth a giggle for being bang in the middle of everything again. 

You'd have a heart of stone if you didn't have a wry "there but for the grace of God" chuckle at the plight of Joe P. He needs to read a sturdy psalm or two to pick himself up for the play-offs. Job would give his eye teeth to avoid the misfortune of Joe P. 

Could have been more, had Law's shot in the second half gone in.  But, if someone had said at the start of the season that I'd finish above Dave Collinge, I'd probably have taken that.

Poor old JoeP!  What a final day performance from BP1960 to sneak second place and promotion to the big league.

Congratulations to nzlatic on finally getting his hands on the silverware and to Hometownclub on storming to the Championship title.

Surely there must be a "Piss poor" punditry of the year award.

Congrats to NZ on winning also to Hometown club for demolishing the opposition in his league, next year it will be interesting to see if he can make the step up.

As for myself next year I may cut out the nice guy image and take it a little more serious.

50 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Congrats to NZ on winning also to Hometown club for demolishing the opposition in his league, next year it will be interesting to see if he can make the step up.

As for myself next year I may cut out the nice guy image and take it a little more serious.

Cheers, its all about consolidation next season, i can't hope to compete for top honours, not on my budget compared to the top teams.

Big shout out to HarryBosch, without whose help (by not predicting for the last three games) I'd most likely have been relegated. It will be a different story next season; half this season's squad can bugger off and I'll bring in a few that can actually score.

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I'm baffled by that.... it is some sort of protest....?

At the start of the season Harry was a little pissed off that he was thrown in with the big boys, all about finding your level innit.

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

He decided that relegation would be good for him.  He'll be non-league before you know it.

Hopefully he will have his 4th stand constructed before them that will allow him a budget to find his level a bit higher

4 hours ago, disjointed said:

Too little too late.

Changing my Rochdale prediction at the last minute cost me big. Congratulations nzlatic and Hometownclub, and thanks to Bristolatic and Stevie J for organising what has undoubtedly been the best prediction league so far and a great advert for the game.

Sakes...

A bitter man might question why the AFC Wimbledon attendance was bigger than the ground's official capacity, especially when there looked to be 100 or so seats empty in the stand opposite ours...

...but I won't.

Thanks to Bristolatic for his work throughout the season.

Well done nzlatic a worthy winner especially considering your attendance point haul was one of the worst in the top half of the league.

Praise also due for Hometownclub who with a total of 155 would have finished 3rd if competing in the Premier League...

Many Thanks once again go to Bristolatic & Stevie J for running the competition which results in a few bob going into the coffers of some 

good causes.

Next season i hope we can all look deep into our souls and accept back into the fold the self proclaimed King of Predicting,

a full quota of past & present winners would be a league worth winning..

As for me, i've had a shocking season (again)...

Sorry I pipped you with a fluky 11 points on the final match Joe, but on the positive side I'm sure you won't mind I have decided (even though I don't post on the terraces forum anymore) to donate my share of the prize money to the running of OWTB.

BP1960.

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sorry I pipped you with a fluky 11 points on the final match Joe, but on the positive side I'm sure you won't mind I have decided (even though I don't post on the terraces forum anymore) to donate my share of the prize money to the running of OWTB.

BP1960.

Sorry you won't be posting on The Terraces, but you (and Lawman) will be welcome to take part in next season's Prediction League. Well done on your promotion.

Will do, the prediction league is very well run and a credit to the organisers.

If some posters tempered their foul language - which to my old fashioned mind is out of order, I would post on the terraces again.

My maxim is only post on a public forum with language acceptable to a family newspaper.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, DavidCollinge said:

Well done nzlatic a worthy winner especially considering your attendance point haul was one of the worst in the top half of the league.

Praise also due for Hometownclub who with a total of 155 would have finished 3rd if competing in the Premier League...

Many Thanks once again go to Bristolatic & Stevie J for running the competition which results in a few bob going into the coffers of some 

good causes.

Next season i hope we can all look deep into our souls and accept back into the fold the self proclaimed King of Predicting,

a full quota of past & present winners would be a league worth winning..

As for me, i've had a shocking season (again)...

Second this post, although looking into our souls might be pushing it.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Will do, the prediction league is very well run and a credit to the organisers.

If some posters tempered their foul language - which to my old fashioned mind is out of order, I would post on the terraces again.

My maxim is only post on a public forum with language acceptable to a family newspaper.

I'd have thought that would rule out pretty much every single internet forum, BP.  Congratulations on your promotion.  Have you had the chance to rub it in Lawman's face?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Lawman is a Red and says he's a Premiership expert with little knowledge of Division One, I will persuade him to enter again next season if only to finish higher than him.

Given his form this season and your promotion to the Premier League, you're already higher than him before a ball is kicked.

Congratulations to nzlatic and Hometown club.

As last years (and the previous years) Champion I know the pressure that is applied, and determination required to go about achieving this goal.

You have both quietly achieved this with a minimum of fuss, sticking to your task well without getting distracted from noisey neighbours. I take my hat off to you.

Well done to everyone who entered the competition. Without entrants we would not have a competition.

A special mention to Bristol & Stevie for their organisation and time. Thanks a lot

Hopefully next season the Latics will score more goals so we will be able to get a decent number of points for the first time scorer.

Enjoy your rest in the close season, and if I am lucky I will see some of you at the beginning of next season as I will be in the UK in August.