• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good player, 34 now. played most of Wigan's games in the Championship last season. have they released him?

we already have 5 central midfielders and i can't see him being cheap. Maybe Flynn would need to  move on to accommodate him.

35 minutes ago, astottie said:

Good player, 34 now. played most of Wigan's games in the Championship last season. have they released him?

we already have 5 central midfielders and i can't see him being cheap. Maybe Flynn would need to  move on to accommodate him.

Not released, but neither was Dan Gardner so you never know.

24 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Didn't Lonergan badly injure one of ours in a pre-season friendly a while ago, or am I confusing it with something/someone else?

Yes - Ryan Brooke. He and I had words as he went up the tunnel at half time and again when he came out for the second half.

9 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I assume it wasn't a friendly exchange of banter.

It wasn't. You have to remember it as a friendly and his "tackle" was diabolical - I let him know admittedly with some choice language. He had to be held back by a few of his team mates (thank god!) - he came out early for the second half so I asked him if he was still running away from Gregan. Didn't take too kindly to that either.

Edited by UsedtobeWozzer

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Yes - Ryan Brooke. He and I had words as he went up the tunnel at half time and again when he came out for the second half.

Yeah Brooke was taken off by stretcher and that shithouse Fergie jnr wouldn't step aside on the touchline and made them go around him!

59 minutes ago, astottie said:

Bobby Olejnik released by Exeter. Was handy during his time at Peterborough

Could do worse.  Has been released by Exeter as they have 2 decent young keepers on the books and one of which (Christy Pym) has made the no. 1 spot his own this season.  Tisdale has said they love him and will offer him a deal if possible, but they can't guarantee that they'll have enough space in the budget for 3 keepers.

He's got the right build for a keeper but I thought he was a bit average in all areas really.  Would be a big step down from Ripley.

1 hour ago, Forte_Baby said:

Some Crewe fans I got talking to at a charity game on Saturday reckon we are signing Ollie Turton who can play as. Defender or wing back.

Yeah I heard that a month back and posted it on here.

Distinctly average player by all accounts.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

Yeah I heard that a month back and posted it on here.

Distinctly average player by all accounts.

We will need a couple of average squad players, hopefully a sprinkling of quality will be brought in to complement them.

Guest Stanley30
8 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Classy!