• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about Luton Town - not sure if they bought Mick Harford before the premier league but he was less than 500,000 and I can't think of anyone else they bought. I'm sure they were more tight fisted than us.

Doh! Luton did not play in the Premier League.....

So what about Barnsley highest transfer ?

Edited by Stagger Lee
Old age

5 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

What about Luton Town - not sure if they bought Mick Harford before the premier league but he was less than 500,000 and I can't think of anyone else they bought. I'm sure they were more tight fisted than us.

Relegated 91/92 so never made the Prem...

DJ Campbell, £1.25m.

Bear in mind though we were always likely to be near the bottom of the list as we were one of the first to be relegated and haven't been back since. Swindon went down same year as us, next club down that hasn't been back up was Barnsley in 1997/1998.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:
On twitter;

Led to believe that we are showing interest in Chris Hussey and Ross Turnbull. A former full back may also be in for training.

That would be Lafferty then I guess! I would be happy with that.

35 minutes ago, al_bro said:

That would be Lafferty then I guess! I would be happy with that.

Isn't he on a permanent contract with Sheff U -signed a 21/2 year deal in january so hard to imagine he has fallen out of favour so quickly. Unless we have made them an offer they can't refuse:D

Was Evina released by Donny at the end of the season? I rated him when he was here on loan and have been surprised he hasn't been playing at a higher level. There were times last year he was on the bench for Donny.

Another year on his contract but fell out of favour half way through the year and they were trying to get rid of him.

Edited by astottie

13 minutes ago, astottie said:

Isn't he on a permanent contract with Sheff U?

Was Evina released by Donny at the end of the season? I rated him when he was here on loan and have been surprised he hasn't been playing at a higher level. There were times last year he was on the bench for Donny

I may be wrong, but I thought Lafferty had been released. Evina has only played 68 league games and made 9 off the bench for Donny in 3 seasons according to Soccerbase. Not sure about him.

Just checked Soccrbase again. Apparently Lafferty signed for Sheff Utd. in Januay until 2019.

Edited by al_bro

9 minutes ago, astottie said:

Isn't he on a permanent contract with Sheff U?

Was Evina released by Donny at the end of the season? I rated him when he was here on loan and have been surprised he hasn't been playing at a higher level. There were times last year he was on the bench for Donny

As far as I know he's under contract until next summer but depends if they want rid. If they do they'll probably let him go for free to get him off whatever wage he is on. 

As for Lafferty I'm unsure.

It did crop up in my mind that it could be Daniel Jones but don't know really.