New signing - Craig Davies back!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I don't. I expect Holloway and Davies to form a formidable partnership. Think it will be both together not one or t'other. 

You don't what? Expect our final striker to be a Prem/champ loanee? I never stated what my first choice strike pairing would be...simply that a youth loanee could play off either, which is another good option. I will leave Shez to work on what's first choice in pre season. It's certainly more promising than what we started last season with already.

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Interview reads that he has lost most of any pace he once had so might be similar script as with Taylor, different type of player to the one that left us.

He's here to score goals and that's what he should be judged on

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Been a good while since he has done that, asking a lot to return to that level.

Whats our alternative?? Another journeyman with a poorer than average scoring record...or a punt on a youth loanee from higher league club (which is what I expect us to do as well anyway). 

At least we know what we are getting and Sheridan and him have a good history where he did score a good amount of goals. 

Beggers cant be choosers...

Edited by Blue_Guru

1 minute ago, Blue_Guru said:

Whats our alternative?? Another journeyman with a poorer than average scoring record...or a punt on a youth loanee from higher league club (which is what I expect us to do anyway). 

At least we know what we are getting and Sheridan and him have a good history where he did score a good amount of goals. 

Beggers cant be choosers...

3/4 years ago I'd have been well chuffed, describing him, as some are, as a great signing now though?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

3/4 years ago I'd have been well chuffed, describing him, as some are, as a great signing now though?

I personally think it is a great signing in relation to my expectations...nothing wrong with people believing that. appreciate you obviously think differently but I do then struggle to understand how realistic your expectations must be. 

46 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

You don't what? Expect our final striker to be a Prem/champ loanee? I never stated what my first choice strike pairing would be...simply that a youth loanee could play off either, which is another good option. I will leave Shez to work on what's first choice in pre season. It's certainly more promising than what we started last season with already.

I don't expect to play off either Holloway or Davies as they will imho feed off each other that's all I meant. The way you worded it made me think you meant to play alongside ONE of em. But I'm no expert I could be wrong. Maybe he will rotate the two. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

1 hour ago, LaticsLen said:

When you've just finished a season watching Ngoo being hopeless Davies is a massive upgrade.

Exactly......we are or have been a struggling League 1 club.....Craig Davies is a massive improvement on recent seasons and way above expectations...

He's lost "most" of his pace; he was lightning before, which means he's not exactly immobile now.  That said he doesn't need loads of pace as the lad has proven over the years that he can finish in and around the box.

If we can keep him and Holloway fit then I can see Holloway laying chances on for Davies to convert.

Well happy with signing.  Perhaps are expectations are now rock bottom but when I saw it on Twitter I couldn't stop smiling