New signing - Craig Davies back!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Tope definitely signed on? 

The squad is definitely looking stronger which it will need to be as the league will be much more difficult next season. A successful season in my eyes will be a finish of 16th or higher 

1 hour ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

To celebrate his return, anyone got a video of that 98th minute winner at Tranmere on a freezing cold November Tuesday in 2007 which kicked off that amazing away run? The scenes! Proper Bo ?

On 2017-6-22 at 4:28 PM, deyres42 said:

Fans usually know, seems as though Bolton and Scunny lot haven't got much good to say about him.

I remember Donny fans having a poor opinion of Main, Wycombe fans and Holloway and Huddersfield of Gerrard. It just takes the right manager and JS certainly brought out the best in the first two in their short spell.

14 minutes ago, oafc-latics said:

I really hope Obadeyi signs now, I reckon him, Holloway and Davies could be really dangerous. 

I'd still want another striker though, because Holloway and Davies won't last the full season without getting injured. 

Promising signing. 

Devante Cole would probably fit in quite well considering the signing of Davies.

anyone playing off Holloway will get a few decent chances every game, as proved with McLaughlin for a short spell, as well as Erwin last season.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

21 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Rather have Davies than Beckford anyway.

Between Beckford and Vaughan and Holloway and Davies, I 'd reckon Vaughan and Beckford would be the preferred option. However Beckford and Vaughan in a team managed by Mr Glum or Davies and Holloway in a team managed by Shez and it's the latter, no contest.

8 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Rather have Davies than Beckford anyway.

Never been able to take Beckford seriously after seeing him in his prime get made to look like a lost boy season after season by an overweight Sean Gregan in the twilight of his career.

Edited by LeylandLatic

13 hours ago, oafc-latics said:

I really hope Obadeyi signs now, I reckon him, Holloway and Davies could be really dangerous. 

I'd still want another striker though, because Holloway and Davies won't last the full season without getting injured. 

Promising signing. 

According to Shez in his latest interview Tope has already signed his contract, and he also said he still wants to recruit another striker as well as 2 keepers and a LB?

Edited by oafc1955

1 hour ago, LeylandLatic said:

Never been able to take Beckford seriously after seeing him in his prime get made to look like a lost boy season after season by an overweight Sean Gregan in the twilight of his career.

I was saying this just yesterday while discussing Beckford, never got a kick against Gregan! Fully expect Clarkey to do the same this year, too ?

17 hours ago, astottie said:

Between Beckford and Vaughan and Holloway and Davies, I 'd reckon Vaughan and Beckford would be the preferred option. However Beckford and Vaughan in a team managed by Mr Glum or Davies and Holloway in a team managed by Shez and it's the latter, no contest.

Rumour has it Bristol City are interested in Vaughan for £900,000

that's not a bad return for bury, but a big loss in terms of the goals he scored for them last season 

5 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Rumour has it Bristol City are interested in Vaughan for £900,000

that's not a bad return for bury, but a big loss in terms of the goals he scored for them last season 

Goes to show out of form strikers can sometimes turn it round. 

• 6 months later...