Corney on Investment

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'll tell you when this episode will get really interesting - when someone does a racism. Real or nouveau - it won't matter.

I'm surprised nobody has yet.

My money's on one of those berks on the Facebook groups :grin:

Some say for every 10 minutes you spend on the Latics Facebook groups you lose one IQ point 

3 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

How can an agent be allowed to be part of a football club?

Surely there is too much scope for  dodgy business.

Maybe he woke up in a cold sweat one night, haunted by the millions he's stolen from the game and thought, 'I've got to give it all  back to the most desperate and needy cause I can find.'?

I just read the comments on the 'Chron site and I must say they are pretty negative, in the main. Every time these potential investors appear on the horizon, it is difficult not to get hopes up and believe that something new and exciting is just around the corner. Many times we, as fans, have been left deflated.

I think, if I am honest, I would just like to see not only exciting football but a relatively full stadium for home games and a chance to get out of League One [upwards, of course] and experience the visit of some of the larger clubs, as in the 'glory days'. There is the possibility of becoming a feeder-club with a large turnover of players. I'm not really fussed about that as I believe the old "club loyalty" regarding players has largely gone out of the window, anyway.

For me, it's all about the match day experience. Value for money and the feeling of being entertained. We love the club, we wear the colours and kiss the badge...it is who we are. In my own experience, the clouds have been over Boundary Park [yes!] for too long. Supporting is supposed to be a joyful participation, with the obvious disappointments of losing games but with the sure knowledge that next week will be different. I think we, as Latics' fans, have lost that to some extent.

I would, in my heart, like it to return...in whatever format.
Good sport. Good feelings. Good times.

It's all I ask.

The football agent regulation are a bit wordy, but I found this bit interesting:

An Authorised Agent (or an Authorised Agent’s Organisation) shall not, save as set out in
Regulation H8 and subject to the transitional provisions in Regulation K6, have an interest
in a Club. Such interest shall be defined as:
(a) beneficial ownership of more than 5% of any entity, firm or company through
which the activities of the Club are conducted and/or
(b) being in a position or having any association that may enable the exercise of a
material financial, commercial, administrative, managerial or any other influence
over the affairs of the Club whether directly or indirectly and whether formally or
informally.

4 minutes ago, m11p11 said:

The football agent regulation are a bit wordy, but I found this bit interesting:

An Authorised Agent (or an Authorised Agent’s Organisation) shall not, save as set out in
Regulation H8 and subject to the transitional provisions in Regulation K6, have an interest
(b) being in a position or having any association that may enable the exercise of a
material financial, commercial, administrative, managerial or any other influence
over the affairs of the Club whether directly or indirectly and whether formally or
informally.

So that seems to make it pretty clear that Lemsagam would not be permitted to invest personally whilst retaining his current business. I 've seen it suggested elewhere that he might actually be arranging  the investment on behalf of others and fronting negotiations, although I have absolutely no idea if that has any basis in fact.

35 minutes ago, bozman said:

So that seems to make it pretty clear that Lemsagam would not be permitted to invest personally whilst retaining his current business. I 've seen it suggested elewhere that he might actually be arranging  the investment on behalf of others and fronting negotiations, although I have absolutely no idea if that has any basis in fact.

I still think he's not the investor, just a go between.

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I still think he's not the investor, just a go between.

informally.

On 24/08/2017 at 5:42 PM, HarryBosch said:

Ooh what a cliffhanger! Keep us posted... 

:lol:

Thanks Harry?

Though not my most considered post.

Desperate for something to give hope for the future, but too tired of false dawns to get carried away.