At our level, off the top of my head, this lot;

Bristol Rovers

Oxford

Swindon

Carlisle

Northampton

Peterborough

MK

Plymouth, draw a line from Bude to Ivybridge through Oakhampton and anything to the left of that is Plymouth by default- 1/3 of Devon and all of Cornwall.

I seem to recall Northampton and Peterborough being strong objectors to the move to MK because of the increased competition for locals.

Anyway as Jorvik has repeatedly said agents aren't allowed to own or invest in football clubs. Will get excited when the money comes in, especially given the Chinese situation, as well as other semi-false dawns with others.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oldhamoafc said:

Alan Nixon doesn't sound too impressed by it. He won't know all details about it but says it's strange.

When did Alan Nixon become some seer of lower league football?

OK he has some sources but most of the time he is just backing up what others have said before him.

Has he ever broken the news about any new developments for Oldham, or any other lower league club for that matter?

I'm actually curious as to where people would think we'd be without corney and with just our crowds as financial income?

im far from his biggest fan, but he's done a job in keeping us in this division. We could've easily have done a Stockport 

5 hours ago, robboman said:

I'm actually curious as to where people would think we'd be without corney and with just our crowds as financial income?

im far from his biggest fan, but he's done a job in keeping us in this division. We could've easily have done a Stockport 

We might still have crowds for a start.

I reckon it's a deal done we have gone over our wage budget won't think we have done that in the last 10 years or moore ;) plus for the first time in years like forever we are turning down offers for our players or lets just say, player RyanMcLaughlin you know what we are like bight the hands off for anything under 100k but this time no fishy to me id say deposit has been made from the party and its game on

Didn't think agents were allowed to own football clubs, even in part.

Wonder whether he's acting on behalf of somebody else as I see from his website that somebody from his agency oversaw the first Chinese takeover of a European club?

Interesting times though and sounds like not to far off with Corney mentioning he'd like it done before end-August.

Edited by OAFCKeepTheFaith

3 minutes ago, OAFCKeepTheFaith said:

Wonder whether he's acting on behalf of somebody else as I see from his website that somebody from his agency oversaw the first Chinese takeover of a European club?

Interesting times though and sounds like not to far off with Corney mentioning he'd like it done before end-August.

Well not long to go before the end lets all just pray like fuck we need a miracle 

3 minutes ago, OAFCKeepTheFaith said:

SC did say another party was in talks didnt he? so you could be right, he might be just a go between.

13 minutes ago, OAFCKeepTheFaith said:

I think he said ideally done before August something tells me it might drag out abit longer whatever happens whether he wants full ownership part ownership with Corney or not at all it will come out in the wash.

6 hours ago, robboman said:

Could have done a stockport. Here we go again. Law of averages says we wouldn't though. Seriously, corney is not the life support machine for this club. He may offer some financial support (we don't really know do we) but has also overseen an annual drop in income since he has been here. Great bit of business management! 

Please stop putting him on a pedastal. 

9 hours ago, Blue_Guru said:

People rightly are sceptical, we have heard enough stories that have amounted to nothing under Corney to last a lifetime. I will believe it when I see it...for now it feels like another injection of optimism as fan morale has taken a serious dip. 

But how many times have you heard Corney talk about serious investment interest?

Generally, the non-stories have emanated from fans who've seen someone sat with Corney in the stand who, jokingly, is the owner of the OAFC official Chinese takeaway partner who is now elevated to a serious Chinese investor on the evidence of "I saw Corney talking to a Chinese bloke in a suit so it must be true".

Because this story has come from Corney himself there must be some legs otherwise he is opening himself to further ridicule and alienating an already dwindling group of hardcore fans. 

Seriously, i dont give a hoot who owns us as long as they invest in the club.

its something the club have been crying out for for years.

We can all see the club is dying a slow lingering death before our eyes as it stands so i really dont see how anyne can raise questions about the potential owners?

This could be the break all Latics fans have waited for a long long time.

From my corner im praying it comes off!