SC interview

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will believe it when I see it... have heard enough tales in the past of what is 'coming soon' when fans optimism is low. I am slightly reassured that he has given a short timescale on it of before the transfer window though, if it was smoke and mirrors he could have easily said Christmas. Sounds like investment rather than a sale though...

fingers crossed 

Edited by Blue_Guru

'I am always very careful what I say because people sometimes take it literally.'

Classic.

At the start of the interview we have agreed a fee with another club and the hold up is the other side now dallying, then later we are under a transfer embargo for overspending...

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Very interesting indeed.  Very.  

Cue cynicism aplenty. 

Well I'm not going to be cynical, but am certainly going to be cautious or cautiously optimistic!
FWIW I don't mind the investment rather than takeover route.

1 minute ago, jsslatic said:

'I am always very careful what I say because people sometimes take it literally.'

Classic.

At the start of the interview we have agreed a fee with another club and the hold up is the other side now dallying, then later we are under a transfer embargo for overspending...

So no incoming transfers unless someone is off-loaded.

Just now, pinevillawill said:

What's up? Do you not like close ups of Corney's eyes in 1080p?

I'm not sure I do.  If it they did it on Corrie, I might think they were trying to portray the character as sincere...

2 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Classic.

Maybe someone (a few) are also leaving?

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You all laughed when I mentioned embargo...

But this is a 'good' embargo.   I realise there is no such thing, but if you are going to get an embargo for anything then this is probably the best thing to get it for.  

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

But this is a 'good' embargo.   I realise there is no such thing, but if you are going to get an embargo for anything then this is probably the best thing to get it for.  

I’d have to disagree, it’s slightly worrying that the dross we’ve currently got turning out for us has seen us in an embargo for overspending...

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You are going to blow people's minds with comments like that.

Just now, dec666 said:

I’d have to disagree, it’s slightly worrying that the dross we’ve currently got turning out for us has seen us in an embargo for overspending...

Thats the fault of the dross, possibly the manager, but certainly not the owner.  It will be fucking rich if we start giving stick to Corney for spending now too. Give him a break for once. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

We sold everything off for a pittance damaging our ability to compete budget wise, makes you wonder how Bury, Fleetwood and Northampton to name but three are managing it though on crowds smaller than ours.

I think we're the only ones who bother with FFP these days...

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

We sold everything off for a pittance damaging our ability to compete budget wise, makes you wonder how Bury, Fleetwood and Northampton to name but three are managing it though on crowds smaller than ours.

BS.  Assets aren't a factor. Only income is. You are talking bollocks.... again. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

BS.  Assets aren't a factor. Only income is. You are talking bollocks.... again. 

Calm down petal.

You mean income that's squirreled away into the myriad of companies we operate under that forces us to operate the way we do, selling our soul to Sports Direct was another dumb ass move that stifled income in return for a quick buck that went nowhere near the playing budget.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Calm down petal.

You mean income that's squirreled away into the myriad of companies we operate under that forces us to operate the way we do, selling our soul to Sports Direct was another dumb ass move that stifled income in return for a quick buck that went nowhere near the playing budget.

Why don't you just put "I blame Corney" in response to every post in every thread on here. 

Thats where you end up anyway. This approach will be more efficient.  You're welcome. 

FFS this is a honest interview reaffirming what most of us know but some on here still dispute that or churn conspiracy theory.

Fact is our gates are low and commercial activity is limited to local interest.  Therefore our income, to which we can generate a % for player purchases, is equally limited.

Corney has increased that % so the EFL is warning us we can't spend above that % cap so either we reduce our spending or increase our income.  We're not an attractive club to boost gates or increase commercial income other than local so outside investment is needed, which SC has continually been chasing.

Also he's backed managers who has signed ineffective players that we currently cannot shift so therefore can't release back funds to add or replace.

The guy wants to sell the club and I believe him that he's making sure whoever buys or invests can take the club forward as opposed to getting the best price.

I'm as frustrated as everyone - Corney more than most - that we haven't succeeded on the pitch.  This interview gives the faintest glimmer that the investment needed is closer than before.  Dubai investment / takeover?