Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

On 01/01/2018 at 11:52 AM, BP1960 said:

If the legal default is 30 days why aren't they penalised if they don't meet the condition?

Even the Court system is stacked in favour of the late payers, all that can be claimed is a little interest on the debt-if you remember to request it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Hands on said:

What really concerns me on 2nd January 2018 is that, correct me if I'm wrong Underdog, the Trust still hasn't been contacted which implies that the deal is not yet finalised nor cleared by FA and EFL.

Do not confuse the 'best' way with the Corney way. There will be significant differences in the schedules.

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Ouch....impotent Trust? Just because we don't spit our dummies out over every hurdle, block, rug pulled out of us, doesn't mean we are not acting in the best way for our club. 

Do you think we sit twiddling our thumbs because the powers to be usually tell us..."don't worry Trust because we say everything is okay...it's okay?".

Ohhhhh if only we could do a kiss and tell story....but less of the kissing bit. Sometimes, we have to make decisions that puts the club first not back stab it and it's been bloody hard of late to do that. The survival of OAFC is pivotal and we have to bite our tongues off regularly to protect it....not the chairman....the club.

please don't mistake our silence  as oh well no news is good news.....we have to put our own wheels in motion, monitoring the on going situation, doing our own checks/legal implications.

impotent? I've been deflated recently but impotent? Well I can only "raise" it with the males on the team.

Wow.  

Irony.   You actually just spat your dummy out... again!

I didn’t read his reference to impotent as an insult, more a statement of the fact. The trust isn’t to blame for this, it’s just how it is.  Are you saying the Trust  is fully in control of all the facts, is present at the negotiation table and influencing those negotiations?  

Your language and vague insinuations in this post are very unprofessional.... again. Just like it was during the summer. 

2 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Hi Underdog - I appreciate the difficulty of your position given a multitude of circumstances. 

Would I be correct in thinking that the trust has information on what goes on behind the scenes that - if made public - would jeopardise the survival of the club?

if that’s the case no wonder things are dragging on. 

Another question - does the trust have any information not already in the public domain regarding the takeover? 

Genuine questions - no anti-trust agenda or point scoring here. 

Id suggest that if that is the case then the trust has a duty to speak out.  Otherwise, what’s the point of the trust?  After all as Underdog repeatedly says... its “your trust”

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wow.  

Irony.   You actually just spat your dummy out... again!

I didn’t read his reference to impotent as an insult, more a statement of the fact. The trust isn’t to blame for this, it’s just how it is.  Are you saying the Trust  is fully in control of all the facts, is present at the negotiation table and influencing those negotiations?  

Your language and vague insinuations in this post are very unprofessional.... again. Just like it was during the summer. 

Despite being under a lot of pressure to provide information, which will only come from those negotiating the takeover, Underdog has often shown a good sense of humour and I think deserves some plaudits not brickbats  for that.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Despite being under a lot of pressure to provide information, which will only come from those negotiating the takeover, has often shown a good sense of humour and I think deserves some plaudits not brickbats  for that.

I agree. But the ‘impotent’ thing from the poster wasn’t a dig. it was a statement of fact.  The Trust have been totally sidelined by all accounts. If that’s not the case then I’m sure we will be told. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Id suggest that if that is the case then the trust has a duty to speak out.  Otherwise, what’s the point of the trust?  After all as Underdog repeatedly says... its “your trust”

Let me get this straight - you would want the Trust to jeopardise the existence of the club if we knew relevant info? Wow.

I've been pondering how to  answer everyone via a keyboard...it's bloody hard.

we are all passionate about our club, we all want answers, some we are entitled to some we are not....I have to think daily it's a business not my business either. There are right answers/wrong answers/facts/rumours and simply...I don't know answers.

I'm frustrated as everyone else, but the take over has to be right on all fronts and it might just take as long as it takes...how long is that piece of string? 

So if I go back to the "best case scenario..." The trust board have yet to be advised of what the proposed takeover deal is, so in my opinion and best guess...negotiations are still ongoing and we are waiting an EFL outcome too.

To be honest, I don't know if the recent HMRC visit has effected things too.

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Let me get this straight - you would want the Trust to jeopardise the existence of the club if we knew relevant info? Wow.

My take on this subject is that the Trust has been privy to information regarding the investment that could, if placed in the public arena, jeopardise the process which would in turn place the club back at financial risk.

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

Bit late for that now isn’t it.

Unless underdog is being mischievous and flippant then we now already know that the Trust knows something that could ”jeapordise the future of the club”.

Which is it?  

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

The Trusts hands are tied no doubt about that, all they can do is like us is await the decision, then if it's good news hopefully expand their role with the new investor.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bit late for that now isn’t it.

Unless underdog is being mischievous and flippant then we now already know that the Trust knows something that could ”jeapordise the future of the club”.

Which is it?  

Regardless of what is known, you're saying that the Trust should say something even if it means the club no longer exists. 

The Trust's main aim is to protect the club for the fans where possible.

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

Regardless of what is known, you're saying that the Trust should say something even if it means the club no longer exists. 

Im struggling here. If you know something that could jeapordise the future of the club then surely it must be extremely serious?  

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Im struggling here. If you know something that could jeapordise the future of the club then surely it must be extremely serious?  

You are both banging your heads here because you are both correct. If said info could place the club in jeopardy then it is probably serious and the fans should know but if knowing that info ruins the future of the club, then we don't want to be responsible for that.

Headache material.

Im struggling here.

Fine.

If you know something that could jeapordise the future of the club then surely it must be extremely serious?  

Not necessarily (I'm not saying we know anything that would either).

Just now, Wardie said:

You are both banging your heads here because you are both correct. If said info could place the club in jeopardy then it is probably serious and the fans should know but if knowing that info ruins the future of the club, then we don't want to be responsible for that.

Headache material.

Exactly. Thanks for grasping it.

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

My take on this subject is that the Trust has been privy to information regarding the investment that could, if placed in the public arena, jeopardise the process which would in turn place the club back at financial risk.

True, and they have to be very careful.

We are fortunate to have underdog giving info because there is nothing on the Trust website that any action has been taken since September. Only 1 match report since September, being brutal I personally do not want that from the Trust.

Nothing on the Twitter page, part from a few football posts.

Nothing on Facebook since June.

No minutes published.

Obviously  partly my expectations, but I always hoped for more communication from the Trust to members.

I  accept you are all volunteers though,  and Iam not anti-Trust at all. Can someone be co-opted specifically keeping us informed? Email would be my preference, but soome snippets of action, without the confidential bit.

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

Fine.

Not necessarily (I'm not saying we know anything that would either).

Getting a bit childish now.  All could have been avoided had someone been a tad more professional and discreet and not “spat their dummy out” 

22 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I know it is a difficult line to keep the right side of, but I definite don't want you to keep quiet if there is.

1 minute ago, singe said:

True, and they have to be very careful.

We are fortunate to have underdog giving info because there is nothing on the Trust website that any action has been taken since September. Only 1 match report since September, being brutal I personally do not want that from the Trust.

Nothing on the Twitter page, part from a few football posts.

Nothing on Facebook since June.

No minutes published.

Obviously  partly my expectations, but I always hoped for more communication from the Trust to members.

I  accept you are all volunteers though,  and Iam not anti-Trust at all. Can someone be co-opted specifically keeping us informed? Email would be my preference, but soome snippets of action, without the confidential bit.

Absolutely correct. 100% agree.  The Trust should not be doing March reports or the like.  It’s sole aim is to represent the voice of the fans and report back to the fans isn’t it?  If I’m wrong on that then fine... but if I am then what’s the point of it.  The communication is non- existent, which is ,again, ironic given it’s the Trust’s main gripe of the club. 

Getting a bit childish now.  All could have been avoided had someone been a tad more professional and discreet and not “spat their dummy out” 

The amount of effort that she puts in, she's entitled to have a response to something that she took as a dig at the Trust. As it turned out, it wasn't really a dig and Ritchierich took it the way it was intended and clarified what they meant.

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I appreciate the work you and your colleagues put in but it still frustrates me the way the business affairs of the club are shrouded in secrecy and rumour .....whatever anyone says, Football clubs are unique entities with a "customer base" unlike any other business sector.....I feel that if the club and the 3 Amigos specifically had been more transparent then they would have had a lot more support from the fan base and the wider community....maybe i'm an idealist but the Trust appears to be placed in an impossible position....supposedly acting as the voice of the supporters but effectively unable to update the supporters on anything substantial so as not to break confidentiality....this further allows Corney et al to hide behind yet another screen and leaves more rumours to flourish

.......basically, it's all a bit crap and an all too familiar story in the murky world of Football

How about the club (aka Blitz and Gazal) actually tell us what the financial and legal structure of the club is and how the cash flows work, what the playing budget look like etc etc and you know what, there might have been a lot of Latics fans willing and able to help and support in more ways if they felt they could trust where their money was going  

I owe you an apology...I reacted and should have stepped back from the key board and read it again. It's an effective word and your opinion and I value and can accept it as that. Sorry

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

The amount of effort that she puts in, she's entitled to have a response to something that she took as a dig at the Trust. As it turned out, it wasn't really a dig and Ritchierich took it the way it was intended and clarified what they meant.

Perhaps. I disagree as it happens but that doesn’t matter.  

What matters is the reaction was loose insinuations of knowledge of serious matters that could put the club in jeapordy. That’s rank amateurism and a bit of a disgrace frankly.  I’ve said all I will on it now but it’s poor. 

Edir.  I’ve seen the apology. 

Perhaps. I disagree as it happens but that doesn’t matter.  

What matters is the reaction was loose insinuations of knowledge of serious matters that could put the club in jeapordy. That’s rank amateurism and a bit of a disgrace frankly.  I’ve said all I will on it now but it’s poor. 

Fair enough.

Archived