Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Still wondering if the trust, after their meeting with AL, were happy with him. Were they happy with what he had to say?

Sorry McFluff, I must have logged out yesterday and just got in from work now

i think I may have posted it a little higher up but the Trust board have not met Al yet. Your Trust rep has met him in his capacity as OAFC board director and Trust rep on the board of OAFC.

It would be wrong for me to comment on someone I haven't met as a person, hope you can understand that.

If I'm honest with regards to what feedback we have had is that Al is making all the right noises, which is good. However, this is a business and talking the talk is one thing and anyone can do that even little ole me. So that is why now there are all these fit and proper person testing and our old favourite the two words of due dilligence aaagghhhhhh....I'm sure both seller, buyer, club board, debentures, EFL/FL, companies house will want to make sure  our club is not only in safe hands but the right hands that can support us to move forward.

I have missed it tonight but I believe MM has been on BBCManc with an update to say  it's now days away and in EF,L hands? 

Edit:

PS: I don think there are many sites which you can call upon a representative out of normal working hours. This site has a least three trust directors that log in regularly as well as other social media sites we monitor too. Trying to manage it all and a life beyond OAFC can tax the old communication skills and that we May not respond to eveyone in a timely manner, or even may miss the odd question but we do try. Thanks

So fingers and toes crossed.

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Sorry McFluff, I must have logged out yesterday.

i think I may have posted it a little higher up but the Trust board have not met Al yet. Your Trust rep has met him in his capacity as OAFC board director and Trust rep on the board of OAFC.

It would be wrong for me to comment on someone I haven't met as a person, hope you can understand that.

If I'm honest with regards to what feedback we have had is that Al is making all the right noises, which is good. However, this is a business and talking the talk is one thing and anyone can do that even little ole me. So that is why now there are all these fit and proper person testing and our old favourite the two words of due dilligence aaagghhhhhh....I'm sure both seller, buyer, club board, debentures, EFL/FL, companies house will want to make sure  our club is not only in safe hands but the right hands that can support us to move forward.

I have missed it tonight but I believe MM has been on BBCManc with an update to say  it's now days away and in EF,L hands? 

So fingers and toes crossed.

Can you elaborate on the noises made by AL?

Cockatoo?

2 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Can you elaborate on the noises made by AL?

Cockatoo?

Well as I haven't met him....it would be wrong to mimic/imitate him....I don't think I had the right vocal range either...heheh.

7 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Haha!!!

Damn you sound like Thereasa May can't you just make a fake account and mimic AL haha!!!

"Errmmmmmm.....I think I've answered tht one" .....that's my best Theresa May anyway, sorry I know damn poor too. Ha

53 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Still wondering if the trust, after their meeting with AL, were happy with him. Were they happy with what he had to say?

Same as underdog really. I’m personally fairly happy with what I’ve heard from people but as we haven’t met AL as a Trust, we can’t make a statement as a Trust. He’s keen to meet us, we’re keen to meet him but schedules haven’t worked out yet. It has been Christmas and New Year, AL has pressing things with his businesses and the investment. 

Sane issues we had with Barry Owen, is the trust rep serving the fans or another nodding dog for the club? 

The trust is there to preserve the future of OAFC not its rep on the board. This is why people have no interest in the trust because you ‘cannot divulge’ anything - ever. It’s been a waste of time since day one, I know a lot of you and have always admired your efforts but yet again the people that fill the trusts coffers are the ones kept in the dark.

how can you hope to grow the organisation if the fanbase is never communicated too? 

My comments are not personal but when was the last time Simon Brooke was quoted in public? If he has spoken to AL as our fans rep like it or not he should be communicating with us. NDA not withstanding....

giing back to the Barry days the trust treats the fans like non deserving idiots who can’t possibly understand the runnings of the club. Other fans trusts are far more vocal than ours. Impotent is indeed the correct word.

1 minute ago, oafcprozac said:

The fans had more of a voice when we had the independent supporters association, the trust has always been too close to the club 

A trust with a seat on the board is always going to be conflicted. 

2 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Give up the seat you can still demand meetings, the press can be a powerful tool certainly more powerful than a padded seat and prawn sandwich. 

Paul, I've ponder how to write and have re- written this over the last few hours. You have a better handle on our current chairman than most. 

So, bearing in mind the deterioration of the relationship between chairman and Trust over the last 12 months, do you really think that the Trust rep sits well in that padded seat? The seat gives the rep the right to be treated with equality, the legal responsibilities to know how the business, our club is run and what the future plan is. Granted, it's information that sometimes binds us but and big but having the knowledge of how the club is being run gives us/allows us to step in if the case arises.

would an independant fans association given you that insight? Do you think demand a meeting could work? Genuine question?

if/when a takeover happens, it would be great to look at this again. It might be a case of is the Trust needed? Can it evolve or de-volve. It's a good and important discussion to have. 

However, it's kidnapped this thread a bit. Rain check?

My comments are not there to criticise individuals you’re all volunteers that work hard and have only the best intentions. 

Genuine questions simply of the trusts’ ability to properly represent the fans under the present club regime that has become increasingly secretive and distant. 

Thsnks for the reply Tracy.

8 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

My comments are not there to criticise individuals you’re all volunteers that work hard and have only the best intentions. 

Genuine questions simply of the trusts’ ability to properly represent the fans under the present club regime that has become increasingly secretive and distant. 

Thsnks for the reply Tracy.

I didn't take it that way at all Paul, you always post in a way that i never take it as personal. yes I believe in the right to question, reflect and to change.

the current regime is crux of it, maybe on both sides too. So a change of owner(s) will allow both sides to look at adapting and setting off on the right foot for all concerned. Clean slate, transparency to a certain degree too, maybe even devolution of the Trust if the future is rosey as we all hope. 

i hope everything is going to plan. Simon Brooke has met Al and Al is now aware of the fans share of the club and our current responsibilities with regards to the club.

lets hope the EFL/FA stuff is resolved soon.

hope you and the family are well

So if the original list of things that need to be completed before the takeover can be completed was incorrect? The club are saying possibly days and the trust are saying no proper consultation has happend or has it?

also on your above post you say if/when. To start with if, to me sends alarm bells. Is there something we don’t know that you do. If the club are saying days I’m not thinking if, I assuming it’s as good as done?

11 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Give up the seat you can still demand meetings, the press can be a powerful tool certainly more powerful than a padded seat and prawn sandwich. 

I'm not entirely comfortable with the relationship between the club and Trust - not least because it doesn't seem to bring visible benefits to the fans - but I'm even less sure about this. You can demand all you like but the club can just stonewall and ignore. And, realistically, there's no press to speak of that would show any interest in our situation to bring any weight to bear. The only non-Premier League club I can think of that has recently been pressured by media scrutiny was Millwall, and that was largely only in The Guardian and driven by dubious ties between private companies and local government and the whiff of corruption.

51 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So if the original list of things that need to be completed before the takeover can be completed was incorrect? The club are saying possibly days and the trust are saying no proper consultation has happend or has it?

also on your above post you say if/when. To start with if, to me sends alarm bells. Is there something we don’t know that you do. If the club are saying days I’m not thinking if, I assuming it’s as good as done?

It was a best case scenario, not a procedural list. It also wasn't in any order. We haven't said proper consultation hasn't happened? The board and investor have met.

Don't read anything into the if/when, it's just a caveat. It's not a done deal until it's all gone through, there isn't anything known.

13 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Same as underdog really. I’m personally fairly happy with what I’ve heard from people but as we haven’t met AL as a Trust, we can’t make a statement as a Trust. He’s keen to meet us, we’re keen to meet him but schedules haven’t worked out yet. It has been Christmas and New Year, AL has pressing things with his businesses and the investment. 

Can I pick up on a point Jorvik? Should I read anything into the fact you've said investment rather than takeover? Given what you've said about contact is it safe to say the Trust is not privy to whether it is investment rather than takeover at this stage? Personally, I'm comfortable with both, whilst preferring a full takeover providing it has massive funding!

32 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It was a best case scenario, not a procedural list. It also wasn't in any order. We haven't said proper consultation hasn't happened? The board and investor have met.

Don't read anything into the if/when, it's just a caveat. It's not a done deal until it's all gone through, there isn't anything known.

I don’t think you have said any consultation has happend? We only got told yesterday that anyone had even spoken with al.

Can I just ask those that are constantly asking the trust to make a statement of things on going regarding the takeover  that can't possibly be divulged at this stage expect? Why not just content yourselves in the knowledge that we at least have someone on the inside looking out rather than you looking in. I think it's fair to say should the club be on the brink of extinction said member of the trust would break the code of silence.

Hell who knows,  if the takeover goes through you lot might just get told some juicy gossip of what took place. I sometimes wonder if there's a little bit of jealousy that it's not you in the trust chair seat, whilst I am sure there are the odd ones with real worries. To those that are worried I reckon if the shit was about to hit the fan, the code of confidentiality would indeed be broken. 

What we've got currently as got to be better than just Corney saying nowt to no one.

13 minutes ago, singe said:

Can I pick up on a point Jorvik? Should I read anything into the fact you've said investment rather than takeover? Given what you've said about contact is it safe to say the Trust is not privy to whether it is investment rather than takeover at this stage? Personally, I'm comfortable with both, whilst preferring a full takeover providing it has massive funding!

Just going off what Moisley and the MEN said in December - looks more like investment to me http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-abdallah-lemsagam-latics-14030272  

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

Can I just ask those that are constantly asking the trust to make a statement of things on going regarding the takeover  that can't possibly be divulged at this stage expect? Why not just content yourselves in the knowledge that we at least have someone on the inside looking out rather than you looking in. I think it's fair to say should the club be on the brink of extinction said member of the trust would break the code of silence.

Hell who knows,  if the takeover goes through you lot might just get told some juicy gossip of what took place. I sometimes wonder if there's a little bit of jealousy that it's not you in the trust chair seat, whilst I am sure there are the odd ones with real worries. To those that are worried I reckon if the shit was about to hit the fan, the code of confidentiality would indeed be broken. 

What we've got currently as got to be better than just Corney saying nowt to no one.

I’m not remotely worried, far from it, I’m very positive about what is coming... and trust me I’m certainly not jealous. Ha.   

I just think the Trust, as it is currently set up, is simply not fit for purpose.  The website is a joke, communication is next to zero and it is quite obviously conflicted.   This is not a personal attack, it’s an observation on the Trust and it’s structure. 

Archived