Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know when our takeover talks started or even if they are ongoing.

Didn't someone suggest on here that there was a fly in the ointment due to interest from an Irish consortium?  And now there is the McEleney signing (or is there).

This thread has gone quiet and sorry nothing to add.  Only 'til end of Jan to wait.  I suspect not going to happen, at least until transfer window closed.

Add in recent results and New Year not looking promising.  Lost our way, not a coincidence since Jewel arrived?

51 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

This thread has gone quiet and sorry nothing to add.  Only 'til end of Jan to wait.  I suspect not going to happen, at least until transfer window closed.

Add in recent results and New Year not looking promising.  Lost our way, not a coincidence since Jewel arrived?

Funny you should say gone quite as there are a couple of comments/rumours on today's march day thread...ooooo

32 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Waiting on the FA's final approval I believe.

Wonder if Any prospective buyer would wait to see what the outcome was from the recent HMRC visit?

would it strengthen their negotiation postion to do this?

I don't think we would of been entertaining Risdale today if AL wasn't already bank rolling us, add to that the signing from Dundalk and it looks like we are being run a little differently, it's dragging on longer than we had hoped but it feels to me all but a done deal, might be totally wrong mind.

Take over is very much on. Buyer and seller where very happy in one another’s company today and the fact that the buyer had his wife and kids with him can only be promising. An official told me that things might happen by end of next week. Let’s hope so. 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't think we would of been entertaining Risdale today if AL wasn't already bank rolling us, add to that the signing from Dundalk and it looks like we are being run a little differently, it's dragging on longer than we had hoped but it feels to me all but a done deal, might be totally wrong mind.

Interesting but....I believe it's not allowed clubs to be bank rolled before completion...however this is a rumour thread after all isn't it....haha

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

Interesting but....I believe it's not allowed clubs to be bank rolled before completion...however this is a rumour thread after all isn't it....haha

Really?  How else are Placide, Menig, Nepumeceno and the rest being funded?

32 minutes ago, underdog said:

Wonder if Any prospective buyer would wait to see what the outcome was from the recent HMRC visit?

would it strengthen their negotiation postion to do this?

Possibly and possibly.  But given there will be full disclosure and ongoing due dilligence I suspect they would already know the likely outcome and reason for the visit. 

I do get the impression some here would like this deal to fail so they can be all “I told you so”. I detect a gleeful tone at any hint of a hiccup or delay.  Curious. 

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Good question, Didn't Abadallah bring them in before he resigned from his own agency before last transfer window?

Abdallah didnt “bring” anyone “in” He wasn’t on the inside to be able do so. He didnt own the club. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Oh come on!  I think we can safely say Shez didn't scout and sign them

I didn’t say he did.  But the prospective new owner didn’t “bring them in”.  He may have offered them on some kind of deal to the then owner but that’s a bit different isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly and possibly.  But given there will be full disclosure and ongoing due dilligence I suspect they would already know the likely outcome and reason for the visit. 

I do get the impression some here would like this deal to fail so they can be all “I told you so”. I detect a gleeful tone at any hint of a hiccup or delay.  Curious. 

Not really, I will be put of pocket come first of January either way.

but the deal has to right not just for the current owner, the Club, the board, debentures, EFL/FA and companies house. We need an owner/owners who can sustain us and move us forward. The longer it takes,  I'm more convinced it's moving forward in the right way too

Archived