Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HarryBosch said:

Out of interest - what exactly is it that some of you think you're not being told and how/why do you know/think you're not being told it without being told it? 

Sigh... we don't know!  We don't know what it is that we don't know.  

You don't get it do you?  The problem is that they cant tell us even if they know something significant.... that's the point.  Its not their fault... its just how it is.  

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hinting at impending doom and then backing away when challenged on it does nobody any favours.

If you know/aren't being told nothing then fair enough.

If you know something of value then supporters should be told regardless on how it would affect relationship with club.

Didnt you realise that we have been doomed for f--king years?

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Out of interest - what exactly is it that some of you think you're not being told and how/why do you know/think you're not being told it without being told it? 

Always a sense of we know something you don't know from them which rather seems to go against what it should be about.

11 minutes ago, singe said:

I just want to clarify one point from my posts, hopefully that is not just aimed at me. 

I absolutely am not talking about telling all you know, and have not asked for that in any way shape or form. I'll be disillusioned if that is all that has been taken from my posts so hopefully it's not at my posts. 

The reason I am concerned about communications is I was part of a group trying to save an historic theatre locally. It went quiet and we thought the leaders were working hard in the background. 3 months later we found they had literally given up 3 months earlier. 

Hence why I asked m, and was grateful for the response and knowing work is carrying on behind the scenes. And why I attach importance to communication. 

I highly value what you do and the free time you all put in. 

Very fair points and I haven't personally taken your posts the wrong way. Apologies that you haven't had an update (even to say that we are still monitoring the situation), it's really difficult finding the right balance. As you can see when anything is mentioned, it's jumped on straight away and is taken as a positive by some and a negative by others. Sometimes comments are taken the wrong way by us too - we love the club and that's why we do what we do (although I question myself many times!).

People have strong views on the Trust and they are entitled to those opinions, it shows they still care about the club and we need as many fans as possible. We all want what is best for the club.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Sigh... we don't know!  We don't know what it is that we don't know.  

You don't get it do you?  The problem is that they cant tell us even if they know something significant.... that's the point.  Its not their fault... its just how it is.  

This is turning into an afternoon with the Chuckle brothers

13 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Very fair points and I haven't personally taken your posts the wrong way. Apologies that you haven't had an update (even to say that we are still monitoring the situation), it's really difficult finding the right balance. As you can see when anything is mentioned, it's jumped on straight away and is taken as a positive by some and a negative by others. Sometimes comments are taken the wrong way by us too - we love the club and that's why we do what we do (although I question myself many times!).

People have strong views on the Trust and they are entitled to those opinions, it shows they still care about the club and we need as many fans as possible. We all want what is best for the club.

Cheers Jorvik.

I know it is a very difficult line to tread, if not impossible.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

If only we could win a few games again and then all this shit would stop

Quite. Its remarkable how all these problems tend to come to the surface when we have problems on the pitch.

For me personally Im happy to hear that Lemsagam has met with Simon Brooke and has made the right noises according to underdog (who I believe has responded very well to people on this thread) . I dont need to know anymore than that Id just like the thing done so all the innuendo can be put to bed.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Quite. Its remarkable how all these problems tend to come to the surface when we have problems.

For me personally Im happy to hear that Lemsagam has met with Simon Brooke and has made the right noises according to underdog (who I believe has responded very well to people on this thread) . I dont need to know anymore than that Id just like the thing done so all the innuendo can be put to bed.

Imagine we are all glad to hear that the two have met.

It would have been nice for that information to have been volunteered rather than mined out, that's all.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's worth remembering the Trust are all volunteers and can chuck it in anytime - or even fold the organisation.

If they do, what does anyone expect that will achieve for supporters?

What’s the point of this post?  So they are beyond criticism and we can’t say anything they may not agree with?  It is accepted they are volunteers and they deserve respect for that alone, but the position comes with responsibility and expectations too. That’s life. 

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Imagine we are all glad to hear that the two have met.

It would have been nice for that information to have been volunteered rather than mined out, that's all.

If a month ago, or whenever it was, the trust had reported “Simon B has met AL, it was constructive, he liked him and it seems the guy is genuine and serious. He wants to meet up with the Trust properly in due course” then this thread would have had a different tone imo. It’s a bit reckless not to report it therefore. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If a month ago, or whenever it was, the trust had reported “Simon B has met AL, it was constructive, he liked him and it seems the guy is genuine and serious. He wants to meet up with the Trust properly in due course” then this thread would have had a different tone imo. It’s a bit reckless not to report it therefore. 

Totally agree.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What’s the point of this post?  So they are beyond criticism and we can’t say anything they may not agree with?  It is accepted they are volunteers and they deserve respect for that alone, but the position comes with responsibility and expectations too. That’s life. 

The fucking irony... :lol:

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's worth remembering the Trust are all volunteers and can chuck it in anytime - or even fold the organisation.

If they do, what does anyone expect that will achieve for supporters?

I think that regarding this takeover, if the trust had folded or didn't exist, we'd know exactly the same as what we know now 

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It's clear to me that LeesLover has already addressed this:

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

I'm not getting drawn into this except to remind people that the last time a purported takeover/investment (the Chinese Lads) came to nothing, blame with thrown at everyone from Paul Scholes' barber through to Old Mother Hubbard and Mike Keegan. It's win win for the likes of Special K, damn the Trust for not telling all we know and then blame us if for some reason it falls through 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Like a football club Chairman? Apart from the fact he's probably doing quite nicely out of it.

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

So it's a secret society now where only the chosen few know and they might throw the odd titbit out if they feel like it? 

Sounds a lot like what many criticize the club for doing...

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Who blamed the Trust?

They are in the position they are in, and have to deal with that, comes with the territory , it's not some private club.

Otherwise you accepting they should never post updates and we can only have nicey nicey things like match reports , theatre events and some personal charity bike rides updates? What would be the point in them then? I'd stop my payments now if that was the case.

Thankfully Jorvik and Underdog are conscientious enough for it not to be.

Archived