Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t think you have said any consultation has happend? We only got told yesterday that anyone had even spoken with al.

It was said there was a board meeting - consultation. Just not with the Trust as a whole and that's not a requirement of the process. Hope that clears it up.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kowenicki said:

I’m not remotely worried, far from it, I’m very positive about what is coming... and trust me I’m certainly not jealous. Ha.   

I just think the Trust as it is currently set up is simply not fit for purpose.  The website is a joke, communication is next to zero and it is quite obviously conflicted.   This is not a personal attack, it’s an observation on the Trust and it’s structure. 

Individuals giving up their time, not full time professionals. You've heard it said before.....try it.

The trust is what it is. Surely to god no one really believes the we the fans/it's members could possibly be told every confidential point in ever meeting. The world of business simply doesn't work that way. I repeat in the eleventh hour of the eleventh month I am sure that code would be broken.

Just now, Lags said:

Individuals giving up their time, not full time professionals. You've heard it said before.....try it.

The trust is what it is. Surely to god no one really believes the we the fans/it's members could possibly be told every confidential point in ever meeting. The world of business simply doesn't work that way. I repeat in the eleventh hour of the eleventh month I am sure that code would be broken.

I’m not talking about this deal, I’m talking generally. Do the trust publish accounts, do they publish minutes of their own meetings (which should be regular).  I’ve never seen any and I can’t fund any on the website.  I understand people are volunteers and have jobs but frankly that’s irrelevant.  If you volunteer, you volunteer. 

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Spot on Lags,  he's happy to criticise volunteers for the exact same things he defends the club on day in day out. I think you're right about the jealousy thing too.  Pretty sad really. 

4 minutes ago, CD's Orange Heels said:

Spot on Lags,  he's happy to criticise volunteers for the exact same things he defends the club on day in day out. I think you're right about the jealousy thing too.  Pretty sad really. 

Bull.  There is a key difference. The trust is for the fans. The club is a private company.  My arse jealous, grow up.  I’d hate to have todo the role or be involved, doesn’t mean I can’t comment. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m not talking about this deal, I’m talking generally. Do the trust publish accounts, do they publish minutes of their own meetings (which should be regular).  I’ve never seen any and I can’t fund any on the website.  I understand people are volunteers and have jobs but frankly that’s irrelevant.  If you volunteer, you volunteer. 

It's clear to me that to debate this there is absolutely no need. You have your views on the trust and they are yours to hold, I have no problem at all with that.

Have you ever considered volunteering or does it hold no interest for you to do so?

The takeover will happen once EFL decide.  The club is chasing that decision; nothing more can be done to progress quicker.

My concern is we're now two key players down (three including Doyle but he hasn't played of late but we need to replace) and 12 points to play for in January.  We've struggled over Christmas games with them so strengthening now is more crucial.

The club knew these players were returning to their parent clubs and have had ample time to secure extensions IF that was to happen.  Evidently it wasn't to happen so they should have contingency in place to replace immediately; to bed the new players in and we fight for every three points as the month drags on.  Mr Lemsagam is apparently attending board meetings in some capacity, attending matches and his son playing mascot.  If he's that committed and the takeover is more when rather than if then surely it's in his interest to fund players now to help his future club on the field once he takes formally over?  If not then the incumbent should be ready with reinforcements ahead of Saturday - hopefully once the takeover happens, the new regime is more proactive. 

Not too fussed on Clarke as he's an unused sub earning a wedge so if that wedge is freed up then that's a benefit to us.

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bull.  There is a key difference. The trust is for the fans. The club is a private company.  My arse jealous, grow up.  I’d hate to have todo the role or be involved, doesn’t mean I can’t comment. 

Myopic little boy. Bore off, all that you do is criticise and make excuses for this badly run club.

If the Trust Rep is being frozen out he is being frozen out and therefore the Trust will not be getting the info that they (and we) should expect.

7 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Myopic little boy. Bore off, all that you do is criticise and make excuses for this badly run club.

If the Trust Rep is being frozen out he is being frozen out and therefore the Trust will not be getting the info that they (and we) should expect.

We don't really know if he is being frozen out or not as we never hear from the fella.

44 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Accounts are submitted to Companies House (on time). Minutes are published but not up to date. I'll hold my hands up on that one - I've changed roles at work and have an increased workload.

27 minutes ago, Lags said:

It's clear to me that to debate this there is absolutely no need. You have your views on the trust and they are yours to hold, I have no problem at all with that.

Have you ever considered volunteering or does it hold no interest for you to do so?

As I said earlier, I wouldn't have the time.  In the future, I certainly would consider it but would have serious reservations given the current structure.

Having said that I think that the trust reps, and particularly Simon, are all in an unbelievably difficult position as it stands.  If I was them then I would find it extremely frustrating, if not impossible, to satisfy both sides of the coin.  On the one hand they are shareholders with a seat on the board and must act accordingly (corporate governance, privacy etc.) and on the other had they have a duty of honesty and transparency to the trustees.  That is a conflict you simply can't overcome.  I'm sure this is something you already understand.

I now expect some stick from those that cant grasp what I am saying and think I'm just having a dig.  Ah well.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

As I said earlier, I wouldn't have the time.  In the future, I certainly would consider it but would have serious reservations given the current structure.

Having said that I think that the trust reps, and particularly Simon, are all in an unbelievably difficult position as it stands.  If I was them then I would find it extremely frustrating, if not impossible, to satisfy both sides of the coin.  On the one hand they are shareholders with a seat on the board and must act accordingly (corporate governance, privacy etc.) and on the other had they have a duty of honesty and transparency to the trustees.  That is a conflict you simply can't overcome.  I'm sure this is something you already understand.

So, how would you structure it?

The Trust reps are damned if they do and damned if they don't which must be very disheartening if you are sacrificing your time and energy for trying to make a difference, at the end of the day they are all fans with as much if not more passion as the next man/woman, on that basis I think its unfair to constantly swipe and snipe without being privy to what goes on from day to day.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Can I just ask those that are constantly asking the trust to make a statement of things on going regarding the takeover  that can't possibly be divulged at this stage expect? Why not just content yourselves in the knowledge that we at least have someone on the inside looking out rather than you looking in. I think it's fair to say should the club be on the brink of extinction said member of the trust would break the code of silence.

Hell who knows,  if the takeover goes through you lot might just get told some juicy gossip of what took place. I sometimes wonder if there's a little bit of jealousy that it's not you in the trust chair seat, whilst I am sure there are the odd ones with real worries. To those that are worried I reckon if the shit was about to hit the fan, the code of confidentiality would indeed be broken. 

What we've got currently as got to be better than just Corney saying nowt to no one.

I'm not jealous, the Trust members work hard, voluntarily, take brickbats, and I 'm in no position to anywhere near as good a job.

But, If I had not asked yesterday we would not have known any meeting had taken place.
I'm grateful for Jorvik, underdog & LL giving info but I do think communication should be done more formally and updates more frequent. I still take their info as unofficial albeit totally valued and honest. 3 months with no info to us Trust members much less the general fanbase is not reassuring. Given his career role, I hoped high hopes from Simon B.

I'm not asking for any info that jepordises the deal, but updates of what the Trust are undertaking and that they are doing what we hope, especially in this uncertain time.

To stress, I value what they do, but this forum is the only mechanism for engagement so it is naturally more open and critical than if other options were available.

EDIT. Just to repeat my suggestion that someone be co-opted specifically to communicate with Trust members, but hopefully externally too. Maybe by specifically advertising for someone/people.
Another suggestion is a private Facebook book group, I'll volunteer as a moderator, for members only. I'll volutneer to admin the member database.

These are all suggestions to improve rather than to criticise a stretched Trust.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm not jealous, the Trust members work hard, voluntarily, take brickbats, and I 'm in no position to anywhere near as good a job.

But, If I had not asked yesterday we would not have known any meeting had taken place.
I'm grateful for Jorvik, underdog & LL giving info but I do think communication should be done more formally and updates more frequent. I still take their info as unofficial albeit totally valued and honest. 3 months with no info to us Trust members much less the general fanbase is not reassuring. Given his career role, I hoped high hopes from Simon B.

I'm not asking for any info that jepordises the deal, but updates of what the Trust are undertaking and that they are doing what we hope, especially in this uncertain time.

To stress, I value what they do, but this forum is the only mechanism for engagement so it is naturally more open and critical than if other options were available.

Excellent post.

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The Trust reps are damned if they do and damned if they don't which must be very disheartening if you are sacrificing your time and energy for trying to make a difference, at the end of the day they are all fans with as much if not more passion as the next man/woman, on that basis I think its unfair to constantly swipe and snipe without being privy to what goes on from day to day.

I  agree, but the solution is to this is more communication of what is being done. I am sure hard work is going on behind the scenes.

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

So, how would you structure it?

I don't know.  But I would start by not having a seat on the board. I can obviously see why it was desirable at the time it was set up but I think it is actually counter productive now.  Yes, I know it would then mean we aren't on the 'inside', but what good has being on the inside done us thus far?  

6 minutes ago, singe said:

precisely.

Just now, kowenicki said:

I don't know.  But I would start by not having a seat on the board. I can obviously see why it was desirable at the time it was set up but I think it is actually counter productive now.  Yes, I know it would then mean we aren't on the 'inside', but what good has being on the inside done us thus far?  

What if Abdallah, or other future owners, involve them a lot more than Corney has? 

6 minutes ago, singe said:

But that very sentence suggests you've decided that that's not what you're getting. You probably are. 

Archived