Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

Just now, kowenicki said:

I didn’t say he did.  But the prospective new owner didn’t “bring them in”.  He may have offered them on some kind of deal to the then owner but that’s a bit different isn’t it. 

I'm sometimes accused of pedantry but I don't even aspire to that level.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Oh come on!  I think we can safely say Shez didn't scout and sign them

Am I mistaken but didn't Shez hint at players coming in that he was not aware of? Maybe I dreamt it but I'm sure it was before the last transfer window or maybe one of his last interviews?

oh well. I could be wrong and all

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm sometimes accused of pedantry but I don't even aspire to that level.

The inference was it’s not allowed for someone to fund a team they don’t control. He wasn’t. In his capacity as an agent he sourced some  players he thought we might like.  The fact he then went on to try and buy us is far from coincidental but it’s not an offence. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

The inference was it’s not allowed for someone to fund a team they don’t control. He wasn’t. In his capacity as an agent he sourced some  players he thought we might like.  The fact he then went on to try and buy us is far from coincidental but it’s not an offence. 

An offence?  Sorry, no idea what you are talking about.  

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I think you do a reasonable job in slapping down some of the more fevered posters on here but you really do need to relax a little.  Not every post is a personal attack on you.

Why do you think I thought you were attacking me. I said what I said because I don’t think you knew what I meant in the context of a conversation you came in half way through.  Sorry if I came across a little short.  

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Staff (or at least some of them) haven't been paid again...

Must be how club's operate, one of my friends did some singing at an event for one of the richest club's in the world...3 months later he's still not been paid.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Must be how club's operate, one of my friends did some singing at an event for one of the richest club's in the world...3 months later he's still not been paid.

Your friend isn't staff at that club.

17 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Take over is very much on. Buyer and seller where very happy in one another’s company today and the fact that the buyer had his wife and kids with him can only be promising. An official told me that things might happen by end of next week. Let’s hope so. 

What's his wife like? 

WHAT?!

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

We do a lot of work with one of the big four supermarkets and they put us on 90 day terms a while back and are trying to put us onto 120 days now. It’s how some of these big firms roll when it comes to paying their suppliers/contractors (though you’d think staff would be different). It takes the piss to be honest, but they have us over a barrel...to a point. Can’t think why Latics would operate that way though? 

40 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

We do a lot of work with one of the big four supermarkets and they put us on 90 day terms a while back and are trying to put us onto 120 days now. It’s how some of these big firms roll when it comes to paying their suppliers/contractors (though you’d think staff would be different). It takes the piss to be honest, but they have us over a barrel...to a point. Can’t think why Latics would operate that way though? 

Disgraceful of the big four Dickie, if Labour get in power they should change it to 30 days and if not paid by then a daily fine added.

Archived