Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

To my mind SC and AL have to be very careful about the information they divulge. Best to let them carry on with their plans and the day will arrive sooner or later with a decision.

Totally agree.

Careful? Yes, as they are no doubt subject to legally binding NDA’s.  

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, underdog said:

I owe you an apology...I reacted and should have stepped back from the key board and read it again. It's an effective word and your opinion and I value and can accept it as that. Sorry

That's very decent of you but no apology needed, it's all about airing opinions and I know you want the best for the club (as we all do) and do more than most to try and improve things.

I guess after years of mediocrity and false starts the frustration is getting to us all!! 

6 hours ago, underdog said:

Ouch....impotent Trust? Just because we don't spit our dummies out over every hurdle, block, rug pulled out of us, doesn't mean we are not acting in the best way for our club. 

Do you think we sit twiddling our thumbs because the powers to be usually tell us..."don't worry Trust because we say everything is okay...it's okay?".

Ohhhhh if only we could do a kiss and tell story....but less of the kissing bit. Sometimes, we have to make decisions that puts the club first not back stab it and it's been bloody hard of late to do that. The survival of OAFC is pivotal and we have to bite our tongues off regularly to protect it....not the chairman....the club.

please don't mistake our silence  as oh well no news is good news.....we have to put our own wheels in motion, monitoring the on going situation, doing our own checks/legal implications.

impotent? I've been deflated recently but impotent? Well I can only "raise" it with the males on the team.

So can we have a update?

1 minute ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I'm guessing the trust know something they aren't telling us as it would not do the club we support any favours, and could in fact damage it critically at this crucial period - which is fair enough.

You really think someone would be able to sit on that? With all the leaks that spring from down Sheepfoot Lane?

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You really think someone would be able to sit on that? With all the leaks that spring from down Sheepfoot Lane?

I get your point - but funnily enough in this case I do... I reckon we're on a bit of a knife-edge at the moment and need to get over it... but things could still go both ways.

If I knew something that could potentially kill the club I'd keep my mouth shut on it. Smaller less 'life or death' gossip, I'd blab.

4 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I get your point - but funnily enough in this case I do... I reckon we're on a bit of a knife-edge at the moment and need to get over it... but things could still go both ways.

If I knew something that could potentially kill the club I'd keep my mouth shut on it. Smaller less 'life or death' gossip, I'd blab.

No doubt cashflow is tight and an agent trying to buy a football club is probably sailing very close to the wind in terms of rules and regs.

But enough of the right people seem calm enough about things to suggest we probably should be too.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No doubt cashflow is tight and an agent trying to buy a football club is probably sailing very close to the wind in terms of rules and regs.

But enough of the right people seem calm enough about things to suggest we probably should be too.

Yeah - I think it's just how it is dragging on past expected estimates that's getting to people.

Never easy supporting Latics.

14 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I took it the other way, if there was a consequence of this takeover that could cause the death of the club, I'd want it to be shouted about.
Of course, nothing to be said or done that could jeopardise the deal, but notificaiton that a watching brief was being held would be appreciated (and is now Underdog has said)

24 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I'm guessing the trust know something they aren't telling us as it would not do the club we support any favours, and could in fact damage it critically at this crucial period - which is fair enough.

Or they don't know anything and wondering like the rest of us what's the hold up.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

I took it the other way, if there was a consequence of this takeover that could cause the death of the club, I'd want it to be shouted about.
Of course, nothing to be said or done that could jeopardise the deal, but notificaiton that a watching brief was being held would be appreciated (and is now Underdog has said)

Ah. Was wondering about your earlier response. Yes, if there was a known consequence of the takeover that would jeopardise the club's existence then something would be said.

7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Ah. Was wondering about your earlier response. Yes, if there was a known consequence of the takeover that would jeopardise the club's existence then something would be said.

Are you able to say whether the Trust has had any contact with AL Jorvik informally at least? He's been around a lot, and Simon B is around BP regularly, so hopefully they have at least touched base.

I  appreciate he might not be in a position to formally have much to do with the Trust at this stage.

2 hours ago, singe said:

Are you able to say whether the Trust has had any contact with AL Jorvik informally at least? He's been around a lot, and Simon B is around BP regularly, so hopefully they have at least touched base.

I  appreciate he might not be in a position to formally have much to do with the Trust at this stage.

Hello singe, I know you directed the question to Jorvik and I've left it a few hours but he might be indisposed at the moment.

im sure he won't mind me answering, or if he does, he'll give me a good kick I'm sure when I see him next.

yes I can confirm that Al has met with your trust rep Simon Brooke in both his capacity as board director of OAFC and Trust representative on that board too. The remainder of the Trust board have not met Al yet, I don't  think this is unusual or even necessarily a right time for us to meet him either.

hope this makes sense

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello singe, I know you directed the question to Jorvik and I've left it a few hours but he might be indisposed at the moment.

im sure he won't mind me answering, or if he does, he'll give me a good kick I'm sure when I see him next.

yes I can confirm that Al has met with your trust rep Simon Brooke in both his capacity as board director of OAFC and Trust representative on that board too. The remainder of the Trust board have not met Al yet, I don't  think this is unusual or even necessarily a right time for us to meet him either.

hope this makes sense

And were the trust happy with AL? Happy with what he had to say? 

11 hours ago, underdog said:

hope this makes sense

Thanks very much, as ever I appreciate you updating us. 

6 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Bleeding hell it is hard enough some days reading this forum, even before some posters start going round in circles! 

Is there no takeover news yet? Have the wages been paid at end December by Corney or by AL?  When is the VAT due next?

Do you have any actual interest in the football side of this club-I mean the players who actually kick a ball around?

Surely there must be a forum you can read which is more relevant to your needs-perhaps ICAEW or IFA maybe even HMRC have a suitable forum where you can post your questions.

10 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Bleeding hell it is hard enough some days reading this forum, even before some posters start going round in circles! 

Is there no takeover news yet? Have the wages been paid at end December by Corney or by AL?  When is the VAT due next?

I don’t think you’re going to get the answers to any of that as businesses don’t usually air their dirty washing in public.

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you have any actual interest in the football side of this club-I mean the players who actually kick a ball around?

Surely there must be a forum you can read which is more relevant to your needs-perhaps ICAEW or IFA maybe even HMRC have a suitable forum where you can post your questions.

Jesus Christ, as if to prove my point you seem to object to me not mentioning the players or the football on a thread which is headed up 'takeover/new investment!'

Is it that difficult to understand? Troll! Perhaps it should be you who seeks a different forum, is there one for Power Rangers or Thunderbirds?

9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

:lol:

Not since his beloved Danny left :lol:

Archived