Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Paddy when you making your usual deadline day trip down to BP?

I suggest he sticks a beret on his head and a string of onions round his neck and pretends he's an interpreter. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What an absolute fucking sorry mess Corney has got this club in, you couldn't make this shit up and still nothings been clarified, I just hope to god the useless cunt fucks off in all this.

Corney tries to get investment, and leave the club and fans still arent happy shocker

50 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I was hoodwinked with one fake twitter account but I can't believe that nothing has been communicated from the club yet following Abdullah's snapchat photo (from his legit account) first thing this morning.

Nothing surprises though.  Perhaps there's silence as Corney is no longer in control?!

Honestly the internet these days makes people so impatient. Up until a few weeks ago, everybody was completely fucking happy with the "Top 10 squad" we had, and Corney had stuck his hand in his pocket. A mention of a potential takeover, and a few more players and everyone loses the plot. What if theres nothing to report? What if they are sat in a meeting discussing takeover terms/contract negotiations, instead of writing snippets of stories for you?

1 minute ago, youngen said:

Honestly the internet these days makes people so impatient. Up until a few weeks ago, everybody was completely fucking happy with the "Top 10 squad" we had, and Corney had stuck his hand in his pocket. A mention of a potential takeover, and a few more players and everyone loses the plot. What if theres nothing to report? What if they are sat in a meeting discussing takeover terms/contract negotiations, instead of writing snippets of stories for you?

I'm patient.  

However if I'd mentioned to the media that I was in talks with a person who was looking to invest in/takeover the club (kept this vague thus prompting further speculation) and that said person sent a photo of them in my company premises then I'd most likely issue an update.  Especially if my clients and shareholders (Trust) were in the dark, speculating as a result and I was legally obliged to update the shareholders.

54 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

DEADLINE DAY ACTIVITY

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:

Abdallah Lemsagam is at Boundary Park today to presumably tie up the investment deal. SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYc5QbNl6YR/?taken-by=lems0410

AL has also had a meeting with Sheridan prior to the pre match interview
It could be suggested it went well as Shez sounded upbeat in the IFollow interview 'Im hearing a bit more regarding transfers' SOURCE:  https://twitter.com/oldham1978/status/903221269998555136

TRANSFERS

Johnny Placide free transfer SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYIg8rjhlhx8x8mtCo4i44gpf1yzO394kfxccc0/?taken-by=68mehmet_kilic68

Mohamed Maouche free transfer SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYbeY9ihw676YmZ3cuDOJSBoaeT8SBnTlqYWzU0/?taken-by=68mehmet_kilic68

Queensy Menig LOAN from FC NANTES (Subject to Nantes buying him from Ajax) SOURCE:https://twitter.com/sports_ouest/status/903208301189586944

UPDATE: Mike Keegans suggests as many as 7 players could arrive today. SOURCE: 

7 minutes ago, youngen said:

Corney tries to get investment, and leave the club and fans still arent happy shocker

That won't happen though, I wish he'd just fuck off and give it up as a bad job instead of pretending he actually gives a shit about anything other than his own interest.

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

He needs the club for his US visa. 

Another piece of hearsay still. Why do people want Corney to leave? He clearly has best interest of club unlike the other 2 who left him in the shit, with zero money. He gets an investor in, why does he have to get out?

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I'm patient.  

However if I'd mentioned to the media that I was in talks with a person who was looking to invest in/takeover the club (kept this vague thus prompting further speculation) and that said person sent a photo of them in my company premises then I'd most likely issue an update.  Especially if my clients and shareholders (Trust) were in the dark, speculating as a result and I was legally obliged to update the shareholders.

We arent a FTSE 100 company! Your confusing clients with fans there. And you're also expecting OAFC to suddenly start running like a normal business when it cant even spell things correctly when it does issue official statements.

If the guys here to buy all of or some of Corneys stake in the club only (not stadium), does he have to tell the Trust until hes agreed a deal?

12 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

UPDATE: Mike Keegans suggests as many as 7 players could arrive today. SOURCE: 

If this sort of stuff comes to pass I wonder if anyone on here will be willling to swallow a slice oif humble pie and offer an apology to the Chairman?

3 minutes ago, youngen said:

Another piece of hearsay still. Why do people want Corney to leave? He clearly has best interest of club unlike the other 2 who left him in the shit, with zero money. He gets an investor in, why does he have to get out?

Corney definitely polarises fans.  

I've met him a few times and he's always come over as genuine and someone who wants the club to succeed but the depth of his pockets don't mirror his or our aspirations for the club.

I don't understand the bitterness against him.  Unless someone can evidence to contrary, he's not symphoned millions from the club.  He's ploughed his own cash into the club but that's limited so tried to wheel and deal to compensate.  Admittedly some of his decisions have tainted the club - Hughes and Evans - but morals aside both were made to better the playing side.

He's openly tried to sell the club but been hindered by the asking price set my his more affluent mates who own the land and stadium.  Those same mates walked away cutting off any further investment leaving Corney to try and bridge that financial gap.

Hopefully this latest roll of the dice pays off for Corney.  If he remains at the helm on behalf of whoever is funding us then fair play to him.

My issue, and always has been, are those around Corney employed by or reoresenting the club who have demonstrated incompetence or naivety whilst Corney has been back in the States.  Corney being the owner has alway been the easy target.

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I don't understand the bitterness against him.  Unless someone can evidence to contrary, he's not symphoned millions from the club. 

Jesus. Can you tell me who owns the new stand, the money from OEC (non match day) and the rest of the ground / land. Clue is it ain't OAFC. All three of TTA's have had plenty out, Corney is waiting for his final pay day. To think otherwise is just dense. 

Just now, Clifford said:

Jesus. Can you tell me who owns the new stand, the money from OEC (non match day) and the rest of the ground / land. Clue is it ain't OAFC. All three of TTA's have had plenty out, Corney is waiting for his final pay day. To think otherwise is just dense. 

Can you set out the cash flow please? I'm interested to see where he's stashed all the money he's making...

19 minutes ago, youngen said:

It's not hearsay. Latics is his only business interest that can get him his US visa. They won't grant him one if he doesn't have the club anymore. He's overseen the decline of the club, that's why people want him to go. 

Archived