Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Can you set out the cash flow please? I'm interested to see where he's stashed all the money he's making...

When he sells up will he be giving that money back to the club? He has used club funds to help build the North Stand that makes him and not the club money (bar matchdays). Added to the fact that I presume he 'bought' the stand / land from the club for nothing I'd say once he walks away he will have done ok.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Jesus. Can you tell me who owns the new stand, the money from OEC (non match day) and the rest of the ground / land. Clue is it ain't OAFC. All three of TTA's have had plenty out, Corney is waiting for his final pay day. To think otherwise is just dense. 

Blitz owns the ground not Corney.  Corney personally invested into the playing side as opposed to syphoning off so entitled to recouping his losses once sold.

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

When he sells up will he be giving that money back to the club? He has used club funds to help build the North Stand that makes him and not the club money (bar matchdays). Added to the fact that I presume he 'bought' the stand / land from the club for nothing I'd say once he walks away he will have done ok.

Hmmm, I'm not sure that's the full Cash Flow Statement that I was looking for...what a bastard though, taking all that money out and putting nothing in, we'll be bankrupt when he leaves. Oh, wait...

Now don't get me wrong, we have been headed south on and off the field for a while, and the day to day running of our operation often looks very weak, but where are all the other people who wanted to save us and invest, either after Chris Moore or since? And do we honestly believe that he has not had to sink money into the club to keep it going? Really? 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Why do you think hasn't he been given the number 1 shirt?

Lots of French number 1 GKs don't wear number 1- Barthez being the prime example.

Little known fact the GK for Argentina when they won the 78 World Cup wore 8

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Lots of French number 1 GKs don't wear number 1- Barthez being the prime example.

Little known fact the GK for Argentina when they won the 78 World Cup wore 8

That Argentina fact - wasn't that because they did the squad numbers in alphabetical order (other than Maradona who got 10)?

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Why do you think he hasn't been given the number 1 shirt?

Toss up between 2 keepers. One Shez brought in as the best he could get at the time, the other he doesn't really think is good enough ( cited by Matt Chambers and the Cron a few days ago.) 2 year deal though suggests he would go into the side as 1st choice you would think. 

Just now, josh_latics said:

That Argentina fact - wasn't that because they did the squad numbers in alphabetical order (other than Maradona who got 10)?

Bingo, although Maradona didn't play in 78, he did get number 10, as opposed to 12 in 82 though.

Ossie Ardilles wore 1 in 82

15 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Blitz owns the ground not Corney.  Corney personally invested into the playing side as opposed to syphoning off so entitled to recouping his losses once sold.

If he has no other business interests other than OAFC how on earth does he bankroll us as some claim?

35 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Unless someone can evidence to contrary, he's not symphoned millions from the club.  He's ploughed his own cash into the club...

On the one hand, you're making the point that there's no evidence that he's taken money out of the club, then you immediately state as a fact that he's 'ploughed in his own cash'.  Where's the evidence that statement's true?

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If he has no other business interests other than OAFC how on earth does he bankroll us as some claim?

Why are the EFL telling us we have gone over the % we are allowed to spend of our income if Uncle Simon is simply giving us all this money?

Anyone else heard the rumour Utah Jazz are pumping abit of money in? They want a platform to promote their club and merchandise in the North of England, apparently it's a joint project along with the English Basketball Association to entice football fans into watching/playing basketball, interesting times.

1 minute ago, Andy-latic said:

Anyone else heard the rumour Utah Jazz are pumping abit of money in? They want a platform to promote their club and merchandise in the North of England, apparently it's a joint project along with the English Basketball Association to entice football fans into watching/playing basketball, interesting times.

That Is random...Oldham the perfect place to showcase basketball

13 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Why are the EFL telling us we have gone over the % we are allowed to spend of our income if Uncle Simon is simply giving us all this money?

We don't know what the exact details are but we do know that we'd have been bust years ago if he had not stepped in, that the club loses money and that nobody else has been queueing up to take away his responsibilities as owner.  If he gets us a good deal and that gets him his money back too then good luck to him. Let's see. In no way am I trying to say that the club is running a good operation, it's clear that we have been getting weaker in every way, but let's see what the guy can do today. Far be it from me to try to buy you off with logic and facts, but it does seem clear that the guy has put his own money in to keep us going, that he has done his very best and that, as I said before, there has been no queue of people eager to take over from him. Sure, they have made some terrible commercial and operational errors, but it's a lot easier to criticise that it is to own a club and try to earn a living at the same time. 

Archived