Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

Trust hat on...all I can say I moving on from the statement we made, nothing has changed your board rep has not been advised of any investment/buyout/takeover and is obliged to be notified too first as a board member of OAFC and representing the fans 3% stake.

with regards to the ACV, not offered it as such but we a legally obliged to be told if it I to be sold and to have a 6 month period from notified to raise investment/tailor a bid ourselves. This does not mean the bid has to be accepted but at least, we should be allowed time to put something together without the club being sold and flattered-worse case scenario 

If Corney has sold 70% of the club to Abdullah but not the stadium and land then does Corney have to legally inform the Trust first?

I can't see this fella parting with £9m for the stadium and land.  I would imagine the club itself is worth very little as our squad doesn't have great resale value.

IF and it's a big IF anything happens tomorrow then then it'll be a few quid in sponsorship merely to boost coffers to enable us to sign players and we'll sign Abdullah's players.  Foot in the door to showcasing and selling his stock.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I think of all the threads ever on this forum this one wins 1st prize for 99.9% being pure speculation.

Barely any fact. Only OWTB fact.

From SC saying takeover possible the rest is all opinions now pages later masquerading as fact.

Why don't we wait to see what happens tomorrow rather than get worked up over what people are guessing at

Wasn't that the whole point of the thread?

The OP posted the rumours he had heard and asked others to post any other rumours they'd heard.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

Think the title of this particular thread is rumour, to be honest.

so yes tis a lot of rumours first,  but there have been some facts in there too,all up for discussion and why not

Yes but things have gone from rumour to now being gospel in the eyes of some and the club is doomed because this man has been down taking training sessions by himself with a squad of 22 Algerian Sunday league players

Whatever happens it'll be interesting....F5 bashing and Jims yellow tie awaits

Most of us are doom and gloom but we'll all be apologising to Corney if this time tomorrow we're parading our first two £500,000 signings in years and these triallists are all one major smokescreen 

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Most of us are doom and gloom but we'll all be apologising to Corney if this time tomorrow we're parading our first two £500,000 signings in years and these triallists are all one major smokescreen 

Arse and town hall steps material 

43 minutes ago, Clifford said:

If so it says to me these new fellas are just buying OAFC. If Brassbank still owns the ground but has no further links with the club we are screwed. Our only assets are the chaddy the owl costume and Ryan Mc's right foot.

That's my main concern too Cliff. Very worrying times but Simon has told us repeatedly that he would only sell the club to someone with the right interests and someone who cares for it. Guess we may soon find out if it was all bullshit.

I can't wait until all this is concluded. It's starting to turn me into an obsessive F5 er.  It's 1am and I'm up reading threads about takeovers! It's all too fine cut for my liking. We are into deadline day and nothing out yet. I'm guessing (or hoping really) that the deals are all done and ready to go and we are all just waiting for an announcement. Either way for the sake of fan's and Shez's sanity it needs to be done very soon! 

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Not if that £500,000 I'd spent on a Feeny or colbeck ...but I'm just hoping for one year where we have a boring midtable finish with no drama.

8 hours ago, Magister said:

We can sign non contracted players whenever we want...zlatan  Ibramhomovic ( however you spell it) will still be available on Friday

Only if United release him from the contract he signed last week

8 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Noooooooo, simon says he will only sell to someone who will take the club forward,remember?

Ridiculously, he actually seems to take notice of the abuse he gets on here - maybe he's read stupid statements like "anyone but Corney", heard the first chant of "We want Corney out!" at the game on Saturday and thought "Sod it"!

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Define OWTB fact...

In no particular order:

1. It is always written as FACT

2. Usually becomes FACT if more than two others have either quoted or retweeted

3. Generally a FACT is more readily believed if it is bad news

4. More often than not the FACT is described in vague terms and the source is never mentioned

5. The mention of the FACT Is accompanied by a huge disclaimer. 

He's my take on rumour of the day....fan hat on, not trust.

its not a take over, it's corney selling some of his shares. Profit to him as they are his shares at the end of the day. He stays on. Club does not benefit yet if ever

abdullah is an agent, money is not his...so who will have the stake in the club and is the money legit?

this will a third party ownership/4 way if you include the annoying Trust (yes we are the annoying itch theowner can't scratch regardless of how he treats the Trust rep)

corney and abdulluah will bring the players and and overrule current manager and staff and push them out. ( think we are seeing this already aren't we?)If we find a gem, profit of sale goes to corney, abdulluah and whoever the money person is. Think someone has mentioned Watford/port vale as a model for this

this is business....our club will not profit....this is corney selling his owner shares

here's my disclaimer, it's a rumour thread I have not basis or facts just what my tiny brain has. Come up with in the last 24hrs of reading stuff on here

Oh yes...it's going to be a long day

Only Latics - a club that's been devoid of investment and badly in need of taking over for some time - can potentially be on the verge of either of those happening, and yet I, and many other others, don't feel good about it.

Archived