Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Corney will stay on as chairman...

If you read the first post by opinions....yes I think you are right, rumour is he is skint and needs business man/owner/chairman on a USA visa to get to and from the states easier. May have something to do with his divorce/access to his children...again it's all rumour

or maybe he stays on in some capacity...who knows.

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

If you read the first post by opinions....yes I think you are right, rumour is he is skint and needs business man/owner/chairman on a USA visa to get to and from the states easier. May have something to do with his divorce/access to his children...again it's all rumour

Is this now his only business? 

If it is, which seems unlikely, why could he not just start another one if this US Visa thing is true?

My predictions for the day:

• There will probably be new investment of some kind and we will perhaps have a new director on the board. Could be an arab bloke. Or not. 
  • Kiri Te Kanawa appointed Director Of Football. 
  • 27 players in, most of whom have their own Wikipedia page.
  • 2.7 players out. Not Banks though, cos he's already hit an extension through number of appearances made this season. 
  • A sponsorship deal is signed with Brittany Ferries, who have ordered 3 new vessels for their fleet on the basis of all the extra comings and goings across the channel. [key assumption here: soft Brexit]

I can't get too fine on all the details, as this whole thing comes from a very complex Monte Carlo simulation that I ran on my son's old laptop using an unsupported plug in for Excel and so, whilst there may be some margin for error, I think we have the broad framework of what is to come.

Disclaimer: until such time as we have a full statement from the [football] club, nobody should make any financial commitments based upon the above information. Neither Alan Groves nor his Fan Club can be held accountable for any losses incurred...

21 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Live pictures of the team coach arriving at Chapel Road

a0804e85b1988bc34c4a197e3f365dca--transportation-funny-stuff.jpg

I saw that this got a couple of down votes. Maybe some people think it's racist, maybe some don't like the poster. I do think that we all need to relax and have a nice cup of tea this morning. It isn't work that wears us down, it's worry and stress...let's all relax and get together as one big footballing family. Love you all! :wub:

1 hour ago, ChrisRichard said:

The first cut is the deepest... 

It might actually work you never know if it does we are sailing if it does your in my heart Oldham and always will be, either way we will find out some time today looks like tonights the night,

1 minute ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I saw that this got a couple of down votes. Maybe some people think it's racist, maybe some don't like the poster. I do think that we all need to relax and have a nice cup of tea this morning. It isn't work that wears us down, it's worry and stress...let's all relax and get together as one big footballing family. Love you all! :wub:

Agreed, you need a sense of  humour in these grim times.

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

The one on the left has gone too wide, leaving the guy in the middle to feed on scraps. They should be closer together for the knock downs.

Not the right pitch conditions, they would act better on the sand we had at BP at the end of last season.

Well for what its worth, the Oldham Chronicle doesn't appear to be prepared for any announcement of significance regarding the long term future of the Club

Todays back page headlines being:

Hectic day awaits Shez

Transfer deals are set to be completed

Due to the fact it's a hectic day ahead with a quite a few incomings and outgoings perhaps it will be all hands to the pump on that front getting deals over the line before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT and possibly call a press conference tomorrow regarding any takeover.

Archived