Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Due to the fact it's a hectic day ahead with a quite a few incomings and outgoings perhaps it will be all hands to the pump on that front getting deals over the line before the transfer window SLAMS SHUT and possibly call a press conference tomorrow regarding any takeover.

Nononon whats his face said today will be announced so it's today don't go throwing tomorrow's around

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, latics22 said:

See matt chambers has been on owtb this morning, surely he should give a credit to the insta sharer. If this guy is posting welcome to oldham something must be happening today surely?!?!?

And its daylight going of that picture can someone that is in Oldham confirm if the sun is shining please im sure this will help

It's gone very dark here.

A thought.  Players from outside the EU can't arrive here in large or even small numbers:

"Footballers from outside the EU must still obtain a work permit if they wish to play for English football clubs. Every non-EU footballer must successfully apply for a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) with the FA before the Home Office will consider issuing a work permit.

The system has recently been tightened and now only non-EEA players who are internationally established at the highest level, and whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level, are allowed to play in the UK.

We have voted to leave the EU and end free movement of people, something despite all the crap spoken that is going to happen.  UK is a good place for EU footballers and their agents to work.  Agent therefore wants to get as many of his players over here before the door closes so any deal based on bringing EU players into the UK is only short term (possibly ending March 2019).

11 minutes ago, Hands on said:

A thought.  Players from outside the EU can't arrive here in large or even small numbers:

"Footballers from outside the EU must still obtain a work permit if they wish to play for English football clubs. Every non-EU footballer must successfully apply for a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) with the FA before the Home Office will consider issuing a work permit.

The system has recently been tightened and now only non-EEA players who are internationally established at the highest level, and whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level, are allowed to play in the UK.

We have voted to leave the EU and end free movement of people, something despite all the crap spoken that is going to happen.  UK is a good place for EU footballers and their agents to work.  Agent therefore wants to get as many of his players over here before the door closes so any deal based on bringing EU players into the UK is only short term (possibly ending March 2019).

France is in the EU. 

13 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I'm expecting several French African signings. All will have EU passports.

The main point I'm making is that the UK won't be.  Clearly anyone with EU citizenship - I assume the Haitian International Placide has it.  So a deal based on bringing EU people into the UK can only have a short, in footballing terms, life.

How on earth does Shez, if he has a say, decide on the merits of these trialists without games for them to play.

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

The main point I'm making is that the UK won't be.  Clearly anyone with EU citizenship - I assume the Haitian International Placide has it.  So a deal based on bringing EU people into the UK can only have a short, in footballing terms, life.

How on earth does Shez, if he has a say, decide on the merits of these trialists without games for them to play.

Wonder if he will put them all on the bench?

The club's official Twitter account has just retweeted Matt Chambers tweet that Abdullah is at the club with batch of triallists signing before they've released any official announcement.

I'm gobsmacked (well I'm not but you know what I mean) with the lack of professionalism of our club and how we coordinate releases to the media 

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

The club's official Twitter account has just retweeted Matt Chambers tweet that Abdullah is at the club with batch of triallists signing before they've released any official announcement.

I'm gobsmacked (well I'm not but you know what I mean) with the lack of professionalism of our club and how we coordinate releases to the media 

I can't see it on the club's twitter?

Are you sure it wasn't that fake account which is a mock up of the fishul one? 

The Beeb's deadline day updates have just posted Lensagam's instagram post along with the following:

Oldham Athletic have a visitor today. This is the instagram post of Abdallah Lensagam, he's a Fifa registered agent and founder of Dubai-based agency Sport 2JLT.

Chairman Simon Corney has alluded to new investment in the club and Lemsagam certainly could fall into that category but there's also rumours that there could be players on their way in too.

Lemsagam had a meeting with manager John Sheridan this morning before his weekly pre-match press conference, the contents of that meeting haven't been disclosed.

Oldham fans will be desperate for some good news after an exceptionally tough start to the season.

First I've seen of the Sheridan meeting.

Archived