Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

The Beeb's deadline day updates have just posted Lensagam's instagram post along with the following:

First I've seen of the Sheridan meeting.

AL: everyone in the room who's out of a job say 'what'!

SHEZ: er, what?

AL:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PlayItLivo said:

In a years time we're going to be subject of an undercover tabloid story regarding, bungs, dodgy transfers, money laundering and tax fraud.

Calling it now!

If  you've got a hot line to the future can I have the number please? I want to know if my planning permission comes through. 

33 minutes ago, Hands on said:

The main point I'm making is that the UK won't be.  Clearly anyone with EU citizenship - I assume the Haitian International Placide has it.  So a deal based on bringing EU people into the UK can only have a short, in footballing terms, life.

How on earth does Shez, if he has a say, decide on the merits of these trialists without games for them to play.

Placide does have EU citizenship, yes. He was born in France. 

I'd imagine that there will be some sort of agreement/dispensation to allow players to play over here after Brexit. 

4 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

In a years time we're going to be subject of an undercover tabloid story regarding, bungs, dodgy transfers, money laundering and tax fraud.

Calling it now!

And that was just for appointing Tommy Wright

2 hours ago, mickjagger said:

It might actually work you never know if it does we are sailing if it does your in my heart Oldham and always will be, either way we will find out some time today looks like tonights the night,

I think only time will tell. There is only a small hand full of people that actual KNOW what is happening. We simply don't and it's impossible to accurately speculate. If it comes off, It'd go down as a great business deal. If not I have a feeling things are different this time and there may not be a miracle survival push this year. 

Both sides of the EU agree on existing rights for citizens who have moved one way or the other where they completely disagree is on how to protect those rights.  Insofar as immigration after Brexit who knows but I see football returning to the rules for non EU precisely because of the need to apply the same restrictions to the 27 and non EU.

We don't have any shortage of players who are home grown, plus those already here, and I share the view that our national team suffers because of the lack of opportunity for the home grown.  Dispensations will only apply to those areas like the NHS where we need an influx of talent.  It is to be hoped generally outside of those areas which will always be labour intensive that the drying up of a cheap source of labour will cause businesses to get serious about productivity and help the UK to have a higher rather than a lower wage economy.  Oldham is a town that suffers most from low productivity/low wages so heres hoping!

50 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Lemsagam had a meeting with manager John Sheridan this morning before his weekly pre-match press conference, the contents of that meeting haven't been disclosed

First I've seen of the Sheridan meeting.

Have just watched his prezzer on iFollow.... the phrase he used when asked about incomings was, "I'm getting a bit more feedback"......

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Have just watched his prezzer on iFollow.... the phrase he used when asked about incomings was, "I'm getting a bit more feedback"......

Sounded a bit more upbeat and determined imo...or is that just me hearing what I wanted to hear. 

Hopefully deal or no deal he has been told where he stands and that he is here to stay and sort the job at hand. 

25 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

If he's  getting better players than he's got he will be delighted 

Just now, BP1960 said:

If he's  getting better players than he's got he will be delighted 

....of course he will.... but the jungle drums thus far have suggested much of said triallists have been worse than what he's got..... so one assumes there will have to be a marked improvement in quality before we see Sheridan start to smile again.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What an absolute fucking sorry mess Corney has got this club in, you couldn't make this shit up and still nothings been clarified, I just hope to god the useless cunt fucks off in all this.

I was hoodwinked with one fake twitter account but I can't believe that nothing has been communicated from the club yet following Abdullah's snapchat photo (from his legit account) first thing this morning.

Nothing surprises though.  Perhaps there's silence as Corney is no longer in control?!

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....of course he will.... but the jungle drums thus far have suggested much of said triallists have been worse than what he's got..... so one assumes there will have to be a marked improvement in quality before we see Sheridan start to smile again.

If Menig is one he has a good pedigree and one I'm sure Shez would like. I doubt if he would be a trialist.

DEADLINE DAY ACTIVITY

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:

Abdallah Lemsagam is at Boundary Park today to presumably tie up the investment deal. SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYc5QbNl6YR/?taken-by=lems0410

AL has also had a meeting with Sheridan prior to the pre match interview
It could be suggested it went well as Shez sounded upbeat in the IFollow interview 'Im hearing a bit more regarding transfers' SOURCE:  https://twitter.com/oldham1978/status/903221269998555136

TRANSFERS

Johnny Placide free transfer SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYIg8rjhlhx8x8mtCo4i44gpf1yzO394kfxccc0/?taken-by=68mehmet_kilic68

Mohamed Maouche free transfer SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYbeY9ihw676YmZ3cuDOJSBoaeT8SBnTlqYWzU0/?taken-by=68mehmet_kilic68

Queensy Menig LOAN from FC NANTES (Subject to Nantes buying him from Ajax) SOURCE:https://twitter.com/sports_ouest/status/903208301189586944

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What an absolute fucking sorry mess Corney has got this club in, you couldn't make this shit up and still nothings been clarified, I just hope to god the useless cunt fucks off in all this.

He's been juggling the balls ever since Blitz and Gazal ducked out, probably done well to keep it going this long.

Archived