• Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m sorry? What are you on about? 

He is in terrible firm

He has lost five at home on the bounce

And he is staring down the barrel. 

No? 

He isn’t a drop in and save a team! He has won promotion for teams he has won a cup, he got us to the playoffs! So what he’s lost 5 on the bounce at home, it was a tough job 

44 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He isn’t a drop in and save a team! He has won promotion for teams he has won a cup, he got us to the playoffs! So what he’s lost 5 on the bounce at home, it was a tough job 

OK...I'll try again.

Why is he not with a higher level club with that sort of CV?

15 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

OK...I'll try again.

Why is he not with a higher level club with that sort of CV?

He should be, some mangers don’t get the breaks. Big joe almost didn’t , u going to mock his record. Fleetwood would have been good for him, given him a chance. But the went for Joey hooligan Barton 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Don't really know why I am bothering with replying as you only hear what you want to hear-as far as I can see he has won promotion once from Lg 2  and the FLT Trophy once. He has left most clubs by either mutual consent after a run of terrible results or been dismissed in one case for gross misconduct and more or less this from Latics after the greyhound racing debacle.

There is nothing in his record that points to a successful manager capable of managing at a higher level for a period of time. It actually points to the very phrase you use a `a drop in and save' manager.

Your answer to Mikejh45 is frankly pathetic-he has had more chances and breaks than many and done little or nothing with those chances.

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Don't really know why I am bothering with replying as you only hear what you want to hear-as far as I can see he has won promotion once from Lg 2  and the FLT Trophy once. He has left most clubs by either mutual consent after a run of terrible results or been dismissed in one case for gross misconduct and more or less this from Latics after the greyhound racing debacle.

There is nothing in his record that points to a successful manager capable of managing at a higher level for a period of time. It actually points to the very phrase you use a `a drop in and save' manager.

Your answer to Mikejh45 is frankly pathetic-he has had more chances and breaks than many and done little or nothing with those chances.

The lack of respect for a manger who has not only shown us our best football in 20 years on and of the Field, but some how kept us up twice is nothing more than absolutely disgusting. Hang ur head in shame? Who has been better, who has helped us in dire times. Hang your head in shame!!!

Didn't even realise this had been bumped but people obviously feel the same way ....

Freezing cold, just zipped my hoody up, cracked open a Red Stripe and banged Cast on ....

First thought? Tell OWTB and the reading world how much we need our hero back

Come home Shez ?

Please save my club ??

Love you ?

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

You're not wrong.  Staring down the barrel at Carlisle. 5th straight home defeat. Worse form than even us! 

Five straight home defeats ??

Still has the same number of points as our circus ??

Imagine if he had control of us, we'd be up by March.

Fact.

On 10/14/2018 at 7:17 PM, leeslover said:

The common denominator is that he has several brilliant half seasons with us but never a full one.

Hahahahaha seriously LL I've read your posts since the old message board days with Beardy and Chickers ..

But f*ck off!!

A) Was 2006/2007 half.a seasons work?

B.) 2015/2016 HE ONLY GOT HALF  A SEASON and saved us when even Mourinho couldn't save us

C) 2016/2017 again he turned Lee Erwin into Messi, someone look up the stats but he won a mesmeric amount of games again to keep us up before the final day of the season 

I know I might go overboard at times, but I've followed and spent thousands on this club and I genuinely, seriously don't get how anyone can disagree or not like Sheridan.

His only bad spell with us was the start of 2017/18 which was 8 or 9 f*cking games and I guarantee given 46 he wouldn't have taken us down.

The best football at BP since 1998.

i seriously really don't get how anyone hate him!

F*cking love you JS ?

Then why did he get the sack in 2009......oh, yes....ANOTHER run of bad results. I think you deliberately chose to ignore that bit.

Fleetwood viewed him the same as us...a fire-fighting manager.

Look at his career from a different angle...if you were a supporter of a club that Sheridan hadn't been at before, you wouldn't look at his record and say "He's the man".

If we get rid of Bunn, I think people are setting their sights a little high if they think we'll get Shez...

..think more along the lines of someone who'll have no clue about what they're getting themselves into.

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Then why did he get the sack in 2009......oh, yes....ANOTHER run of bad results. I think you deliberately chose to ignore that bit.

Fleetwood viewed him the same as us...a fire-fighting manager.

Look at his career from a different angle...if you were a supporter of a club that Sheridan hadn't been at before, you wouldn't look at his record and say "He's the man".

Maybe they would look at his promotions and cups, that you deliberately choose to ignore. Also a lot of clubs he had  saved and left for what ever reason ie Newport then went on to climb the table thanks to the hard work he had put in and changes he had made. I can’t belive that’s you have any beef with the guy. Where would we be without in, I would imagine a lot, lot further down the leagues.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Maybe they would look at his promotions and cups, that you deliberately choose to ignore. Also a lot of clubs he had  saved and left for what ever reason ie Newport then went on to climb the table thanks to the hard work he had put in and changes he had made. I can’t belive that’s you have any beef with the guy. Where would we be without in, I would imagine a lot, lot further down the leagues.

He did a great job saving us from relegation twice and couple that with his playing career here he is rightly regarded a club legend, however, you talk as if he is the ‘Messiah’.

He is a competent but limited lower league  manager and If he was to come back here ( which he won’t ) the outcome would be exactly the same!

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

The lack of respect for a manger who has not only shown us our best football in 20 years on and of the Field, but some how kept us up twice is nothing more than absolutely disgusting. Hang ur head in shame? Who has been better, who has helped us in dire times. Hang your head in shame!!!

I actually burst into laughter when I read this.

Last post on the subject. If you and this Shucky fella choose to ignore the factual post about his record above and just keep posting letters of adoration then it is a waste of time.

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I take it as my Christian duty to bring light into the dark world of the ignorant.

Well, said.

32 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I actually burst into laughter when I read this.

Last post on the subject. If you and this Shucky fella choose to ignore the factual post about his record above and just keep posting letters of adoration then it is a waste of time.

Well, said.

No one can agree on everything, but my opinion is he our best manager since joe and will remain so for along long time 

Archived