Clarence Seedorf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I think Steve Evans interviewed Corney and turned him down. Seedorf may see sense yet.

Ha! Just think if Evans had accpeted things might have turned out differently and we might never have been linked with Clarence Seedorf. One day they may make a Sliding Doors type movie about it.

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I was one of the 123 that went to Bristol. Surely I should have an opinon on this.

I don't think anyone is questioning your right to an opinion.....................most just don't agree with it

EDIT: Have I just fell for a trolling????, not quite sure. It's the Bristol claim that's nagging me here

Edited by Lags

Just now, BP1960 said:

Might also be able to recruit some very good youths if brought through in the Ajax way. I'm sure  TP would be over the moon at that prospect.

Off topic....but did you notice ManUre took 6 of the Huddersfield academy lads?

1 minute ago, jmantonhoward said:

Can't believe those that would rather have "an experienced lower league manager" than Clarence Seedorf. Are you even football fans? Give your head a wobble. Impossible not to get excited by this.

Behave. We're signing him as a manager not a player. He was an amazing player, he's an average manager.

Same with Sir Alex, people wouldn't get excited if we signed him as a player, as he was garbage, as a manager, he was amazing.

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Behave. We're signing him as a manager not a player. He was an amazing player, he's an average manager.

Same with Sir Alex, people wouldn't get excited if we signed him as a player, as he was garbage, as a manager, he was amazing.

Even as a manager, it will put bums on seats. Plus all the extra media attention, potential increase in live games on Tv, and the respect he would get from the dressing room, they would run through brick walls for him just because of who he is.

Edited by jmantonhoward

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

If he does become manager (big if), judge him on what he does, not what he has done. But let yourself get a little excited that we may have a global superstar as a manager.

3 hours ago, OldHallam said:

Our fanbase is amazing at times. Corney lacks ambition, wont invest blah blah. Years of stagnation.....more blah...... Pics appear with a four times CL winner World Cup playing AC Milan 640 high profile games and 99 goals but he will be a shit manager.....  and bugger that Wellens is the answer. 

Ok hes got a masters degree in business, speaks 6 languages and has a champions for children foundation and Nelson Mandella legacy involvement. So clearly nothing about him. He was often seen as a spiritual, intelligent and articulate figure in football ...... nah lets get Alan Stubbs. 

Come on it might fail it might just work....... but writing him off is mental. 

Get this poster a drink.

I hate getting abusive on internet forums (most pointless thing ever) but seriously...can anyone moaning/having reservations/whinging etc about this PLEASE, PLEASE shut the feck up and do one?
It's Clarence Seedorf. CLARENCE SEEDORF. He might be managing Oldham Athletic. Even if ends up being cobblers, isn't the fact that we're even discussing this absolutely  fucking brilliant?
Think about it. Clarence Seedorf as Oldham manager. George Weah as assistant. Orange/Tangerine (whatever) wigs everywhere. 9000 camera crews for his first game. News crews from Japan interviewing fans. Total football. The players' reaction when they see Seedorf walk in the dressing room for the first time. It's mental. it's brilliant. It's what football is about. Enjoy it.