Clarence Seedorf

16 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Our fanbase is amazing at times. Corney lacks ambition, wont invest blah blah. Years of stagnation.....ore blah...... Pics appear with a four times CL winner World Cup playing AC Milan 640 high profile games and 99 goals but he will be a shit manager.....  and bugger that Wellens is the answer. 

Ok hes got a masters degree in business, speaks 6 languages and has a champions for children foundation and Nelson Mandella legacy involvement. So clearly nothing about him. He was often seen as a spiritual, intelligent and articulate figure in football ...... nah lets get Alan Stubbs. 

Come on it might fail it might just work....... but writing him off is mental. 

His Milan based restaurant is named Fingers.

Perhaps he's over to open an Oldham branch as a Joint Venture with Johny.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

This could work if Seedorf is manager/DofF and Wellens head coach.

Seedorf raises profile of the club, uses his contacts to secure decent players and is present to inspire the team each and every match day.

Wellens on the training field alongside Seedorf and conducts majority of training.  Wellens will gain immense knowledge from Seedorf boosting his development to become our main manager in a season or two.

Mourinho and Ferguson are/were both motivators leaving the training, coaching and fitness to their team.  Leading up to each matchday and on matchdays this is where both earned their wages by inspiring, motivating and pushing mind over ability.

Obviously Seedorf isn't long-term and only a season if that but he'll be here to bridge the investment, new owners and, hopefully, we retain Wellens as I think we've a good un in young Richie.

Right. Cards on the table. You're Corney. You can have Richie Wellens. Or you can have Clarence Seedorf. Yes THAT Clarence fucking Seedorf. Who's it gonna be? Right now. 

9 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Right. Cards on the table. You're Corney. You can have Richie Wellens. Or you can have Clarence Seedorf. Yes THAT Clarence fucking Seedorf. Who's it gonna be? Right now. 

Depends on the investment.

Decent record at AC Milan, knows the management role, untouchable club career, superb world wide contacts and bound to increase interest in the club no end. Why would anyone think this wasn't a really good move?

We can't survive on this constant churn of failed or inexperienced managers and finishing 17th. Kelly and Robinson were the last two 'new' managers hired. I think Seedorf could be great for us. We can't go any lower than the current position. 

10 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Decent record at AC Milan, knows the management role, untouchable club career, superb world wide contacts and bound to increase interest in the club no end. Why would anyone think this wasn't a really good move?

We can't survive on this constant churn of failed or inexperienced managers and finishing 17th. Kelly and Robinson were the last two 'new' managers hired. I think Seedorf could be great for us. We can't go any lower than the current position. 

To be fair, those with reservations are pointing out Edgar Davids. But you could point out Bobby Charlton, Boby Moore, Gary Neville (!), Maradona, Shearer, Paul Ince, Ruud Gullit and even ahem Graeme Sharp....:D:D
For me though, what a great journey it would be.

Maybe we should try and get Zidane given allt he french players....!!

Edited by singe

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Absolutely world class player, 4 CL and the only player to have won it with 3 clubs.

Always comes across well when speaking as a pundit and in the media, seems very approachable regardless of his achievements.

Good record at AC, must have been alterior motives for his sacking?

Would raise the profile of the club.

Would bring a massive array of contacts.

Would command respect and have players want to play for him and learn from him

This would be a massive massive coup for us if he was appointed, looking at our appointments or even rumours of appointments from the last 20 years, this blows them all out of the water. Make it happen before he changes his mind!

5 minutes ago, singe said:

To be fair, those with reservations are pointing out Edgar Davids. But you could point out Bobby Charlton, Boby Moore, Gary Neville (!), Maradona, Shearer, Paul Ince, Ruud Gullit and even ahem Graeme Sharp....:D:D
For me though, what a great journey it would be.

I'm sorry but given he's already been a manager twice he's not having a go at it like the above were. He knows the job. No brainer for me.

Plenty of great players have made good managers as well so please leave that shite out.

23 minutes ago, Clifford said:

If Seedorf is appointed, the club should make his first home match half-price entry and make it an 'Orange theme'. Get the orange wigs, old Dutch shirts out, get some Dutch fans over. Get BP buzzing. 

Edited by perfectOzblue

4 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Long term plan is January, then May then August ...... it wont change. 

Who do you suggest we have?

I can see the pros of course but a few decent results and he'll be getting linked with every job going and probably out the door as quick as he came in.

Can't believe people are even debating whether we should or not. This is Clarence Fucking Seedorf we are talking about isn't it ? The one thing that jumps out for me straight away is what's in it for him ? Why the fuck would he need us ? If he wanted to get back into management and in England surely he could look higher up the ladder, just because he's Clarence Fucking Seedorf !