Clarence Seedorf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I'm sorry but given he's already been a manager twice he's not having a go at it like the above were. He knows the job. No brainer for me.

Plenty of great players have made good managers as well so please leave that shite out.

I don't think you saw the :D

I'm very happy to give it to him. Hell, as a player unquestined, I'd take him as player manager.

But let's not kid ourselves. Be objective, he is a risk. He's only managed 35 games including the China ones, which should hardly count. Only 22 for Milan with Kaka in the side. We haven't got a Kaka.

But bring it on I say

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Can't believe people are even debating whether we should or not. This is Clarence Fucking Seedorf we are talking about isn't it ? The one thing that jumps out for me straight away is what's in it for him ? Why the fuck would he need us ? If he wanted to get back into management and in England surely he could look higher up the ladder, just because he's Clarence Fucking Seedorf !

Has anyone ever bought into a club and managed it?

You'd assume, if he's looked after his money since retiring, that he's a very wealthy man to the extent he could probably buy Corney and OAFC a few times over...

If he'd find this level of football frustrating and not challenging enough having a decent bit of skin in the game could motivate him greatly. 

Alternatively, he might have been told we're going to sign him, him & him in January which should mean we'll piss this league and then the one above and you'll look like a managerial genius and man of the people for dropping down to such a level. 

:lol:

After twenty-one years of (mostly) utter shit, if nothing else it livens things up a bit.  If it can be done, get it done.  It's a shitload better than a Darren Kelly type appointment.

Can't help thinking it may just be a case of playing the media game and then we'll eventually see a Darren Kelly type appointment.

And Seedorf's appointment would be good if only to piss off the mortified 'neutrals' on Twitter who are struggling to cope with the prospect of someone of his status even stepping foot in Oldham.

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The interview process must have been reversed for this ? Surely it's CS asking all the questions ? Can't imagine SC asking him what he can bring to the table for Oldham Athletic 

I suspect the extent of Corney's questioning was when they went to Simon Wood's restaurant.

"What do you want to eat Clarence?

Choose whatever you want, Abdallah's paying."

1 minute ago, bozman said:

I suspect the extent of Corney's questioning was when they went to Simon Wood's restaurant.

"What do you want to eat Clarence?

Choose whatever you want, Abdallah's paying."

Haha yeah. It did strike me that he's probably just after some restaurateur tips from the master chef. As much as I'd love it to happen it's just not going to. Is it ? 

23 minutes ago, singe said:

I don't think you saw the :D

I'm very happy to give it to him. Hell, as a player unquestined, I'd take him as player manager.

But let's not kid ourselves. Be objective, he is a risk. He's only managed 35 games including the China ones, which should hardly count. Only 22 for Milan with Kaka in the side. We haven't got a Kaka.

But bring it on I say

No but we have a lot of players that are cack.

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

lol Singe and to be fair those without reservations are remembering Darren Kelly, Dave fucking Penny, Paul Dickov, Forgot Dean Holden , Brian Talbot and Wadsworth well you would wouldnt you. plus minor success Lee Johnson, and nearly the international Warren Feeney they also see Wray, Yates, Adams, Fergie, Stubbs and long list of abject failures.  We could go for a wonderful footballer with a footballers brain or could chance Seedorf. 

I seem to remember Wadsworth did ok here results wise?

15 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Haha yeah. It did strike me that he's probably just after some restaurateur tips from the master chef. As much as I'd love it to happen it's just not going to. Is it ? 

That's food for thought.

The suspicion previously was that Abdallah was putting money into the club to showcase the players that he represented. Now that Clarence's appointment has been confirmed it seems to me that this may well be investment with an intention to bring success to the club as well.

Is it just me whose confused by the uproar about this?

Davids did it at Barnet and Seedorf is similar here. It's standard and nothing that major. He was a great player granted, but he's no management experience in England nor at this level anywhere.

Would much rather see a proven lower league English manager installed, but then against I didn't want rid of Sheridan.

2 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Is it just me whose confused by the uproar about this?

Davids did it at Barnet and Seedorf is similar here. It's standard and nothing that major. He was a great player granted, but he's no management experience in England nor at this level anywhere.

Would much rather see a proven lower league English manager installed, but then against I didn't want rid of Sheridan.

:lol: