Epitome of a certain word

Is Shez a legend?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. 'Legend'?

He’s a Sheff Wed legend, possibly a bit of a Leeds legend.  

He’s probably an Oldham legend too for the success as player and drama he has been involved in as manager. 

Perhaps im being a bit harsh but.... 

Imagine a dozen statues of club legends in the car park behind the North Stand.  Does he get in that?  Not for me.  So overall he is a bit of a legend but not one of the top memorable players of managers in my opinion. 

Frizz and Royle are much much much bigger legends.

Players? Too many to mention are bigger legends for me. 

It’s an age thing really isn’t it. If you are under 30, he is probably THE biggest legend.  Which only amplifies our woes of the last 20 years. 

He's a legend. Several times over.

He's just happens not to be the biggest legend compared to Royle, Ritchie et al. 

I don't think he's statue worthy on his own, nor a stand.  Possibly a bar.  Sheridans had the perfect ring to it. 

Definitely a Hall of Fame member , or a Star on the Furtherwood Road Walk of Fame though. 

Edited by singe

Despite the Notts County intermission, the last two seasons where he's given us safety from despair are enough to justify "legend" status.

He's done other stuff too?  Yes, it's a no brainer.

Okay, he's not Royle or Palmer.  But he's an absolute standout in this part of the club's history.

24 minutes ago, Magister said:

Well that appears to have stumped a few then.....or so it might seem

Of course it has, this is OWTB not the OED. What is the point of using words in sentences which merely baffle a large percentage of the people.

It only serves as a point of exclusion.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Of course it has, this is OWTB not the OED. What is the point of using words in sentences which merely baffle a large percentage of the people.

It only serves as a point of exclusion.

Monty asks, the way I see it, if Sheridan is the epitome of a certain word, that word being "Legend".
Legend is defined as a human narrative that tells of a certain individual's actions and qualities.

Verisimilitude can be the appearance or semblance of truth or an assertion of the truth. A similarity to what is the actual truth.

I suppose it depends on what you believe to be the truth regarding John Sheridan.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

That 'No' section reads like a veritable list of the OWTB gang of bulbs.

Ah....so YOU set up  the poll  and invite other people's  opinions, presumably because you  value  respect  and seek said opinions.  Clearly you don't though.

In reality what you really  want is affirmation of your own views and when some withhold that you have a little strop

14 minutes ago, Magister said:

Ah....so YOU set up  the poll  and invite other people's  opinions, presumably because you  value  respect  and seek said opinions.  Clearly you don't though.

In reality what you really  want is affirmation of your own views and when some withhold that you have a little strop

That is how the world works these days, get used to it

:bblue2:

On 7 October 2017 at 4:21 PM, Magister said:

A strop? I'm laughing at you pal, nothing new there tho.

?