Blackburn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Sorry, thought this was the Blackburn thread.

You don’t have to apologise. You do understand how topics and conversations can deviate, yes? It seems any mention of Shez wakes up the mob.

My original point (which was lost in the digression) was that only 4 players started vs Oxford that started against Blackburn and is why we will always play catch up if we keep repeating Summer after summer of neglect. But if we can keep this side together until May (unlikely) whoever the manager is/was has got a lot of potential to work with and succeed. Byrne is a very talented lad and is the first one we should be trying to secure at least on loan till May if we can. 

Shez was working under far from ideal circumstances BUT did drop a few well documented bollocks aswell. 

The two aren't mutually exclusive :grin:

It appears he was stubborn with regards to Placide and had the hump in general about players being foisted on us without his say so.

But we were told he also dug in on & around deadline day resulting in us getting Byrne, Doyle and Bryan. 

Unfortunately I don't think he could be arsed with the circus anymore at this stage in his career and probably welcomed, and possibly invited, the parting of ways.

None of which makes him go down one iota in my estimation.

While we need to have a few years "break" from each other I'd still love to see him back again at some point in the future :lol:

If Wellens keeps this up and we end up having a good season he'll still have played a big part in that for me....

You say Shez should be given more respect. If he had respected his players more instead of yelling at them and given them encouragement then he would have got the respect but he had lost the respect from his players yes the same ones who had helped him keep us up the previous season. Placide has been at the club since the start of the season and I rate him better than Ripley so why didn't Shez play him instead of young kids. I don't think for one moment that people including myself don't appreciate what he did the last two years in keeping us up. Also I accept that he was one hell of a player for us and yes he's a legend. We all need to move on and support the team and our new manager. Let's hope we win tonight 5 wins would be something of a record at our club. 

The Big Dog I have watched this guy play overseas . That's why I made the comment because I know what he's like. I don't live in Oldham for 6 months of the year and I watch lots of games in Asia. Placide has pedigree and he's a good keeper. Yes he makes the odd mistake but he's only human. His distribution is always very good and he's not frightened of coming off his line for crosses. 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

The Big Dog I have watched this guy play overseas . That's why I made the comment because I know what he's like. I don't live in Oldham for 6 months of the year and I watch lots of games in Asia. Placide has pedigree and he's a good keeper. Yes he makes the odd mistake but he's only human. His distribution is always very good and he's not frightened of coming off his line for crosses. 

Has he played in Asia?

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Interesting. How many matches have Haiti/Guingamp/Stade de Reims played in Asia recently? :huh:

2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

He plays against Japan that's Asia , also Australia because they are in same World Cup group Asians Where I live I get all these games. 

He played against Japan after he started for us. I don't think Haiti have ever played Australia - send us a link with the match reports of these matches you've seen so we can see how Placide played? 

Not that I watch all the Socceroos games due to the time difference, especially the friendlies, but I don't recall us ever playing Haiti in the last decade.

Just did a quick google - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_national_soccer_team_results

Nope our soccer team has not played them going back as far as 2010, feel free to check further

Edited by Stagger Lee
to add google search