Blackburn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry but is Mowbray on something. That was oldham not Real Madrid. Oldham talented. My god man. I know things have gone down hill but for god sake I do not believe that Oldham are talented."

:D

Should be said not all their fans have been like this, but that comment is hilarious.

Guest Stanley30
17 hours ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

I'm going to be more blunt actually because I can't stand him; Ollie Banks is shit. Properly shit. One of the worst players I've seen play for Latics, and a coward to boot. Why he's being brought up after we've won four on the trot without him I don't know

fuck off Banks 

And yet he speaks so highly of you

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Am I the only one who though Menig struggled with the pace of the game when he came on, I know the goal rightly null and voids any criticism but for me he looked lost at times.

Really? The goal, one chance that he absolutely should have buried but skied over, and another which he properly skewed wide. I suspect his game isn't about getting back and helping his full back, which Gevaro seems to do, but thought he was dangerous yesterday.

51 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Am I the only one who though Menig struggled with the pace of the game when he came on, I know the goal rightly null and voids any criticism but for me he looked lost at times.

Give him a free reign and he will score plenty of goals for us IMO.

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Give him a free reign and he will score plenty of goals for us IMO.

You may be right but I suspect he is still settling in and don't see him starting many games soon, just my opinion mind and i've been known to be wrong every now and then :bblue2:

someone in the main stand lower looked to have said something to RW not long after he'd just come on and was still not quite on target ... 

I did pick up RW telling whoever it was something along the lines of 'he's a good player' .. 

I didn't catch a follow on when he scored - too busy going bananas upstairs! lol

1 minute ago, Joanna Roper said:

Don't think anyone noticed the last attack of the game after the keeper saved Menigs shot the keeper placed the ball like a goal kick Menigs walked right passed the ball he could have had 2 goals :o or would he have been classed offside?

The ref gave a free kick. 

Did anybody catch Davies’ round of applause for Dummigan in the last minute when a long diagonal ball was casually chested back to Placide?

Its great to see Dummigan getting some confidence back as we all know there’s a player in there 

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Did anybody catch Davies’ round of applause for Dummigan in the last minute when a long diagonal ball was casually chested back to Placide?

Its great to see Dummigan getting some confidence back as we all know there’s a player in there 

I thought Dummigan had a great game. For large parts he was on his own on the right hand side, and despite cries for him to push on from the crowd, maintained position really well. Made a couple of errors when trailing back also, but thought him and Fane were absolutely excellent, even though I have labelled them as garbage for most of their career with us!

Just shows how good we can be when not carrying players "for their experience" such as Gerrard and Green. That starting 11 on Saturday, if they all stay fit and all sign until end of season, could get us in a very good position in this league. Still not sure on that Gevaro fella, but he does whip a decent ball in, when he doesnt lose it.

Queensy reeks of Jermaine Johnson, loads of threat, scores 1 in 10 shots, 9 go miles wide or over. But I enjoy watching that, so chuck him in for home games!

41 minutes ago, youngen said:

I thought Dummigan had a great game. For large parts he was on his own on the right hand side, and despite cries for him to push on from the crowd, maintained position really well. Made a couple of errors when trailing back also, but thought him and Fane were absolutely excellent, even though I have labelled them as garbage for most of their career with us!

Just shows how good we can be when not carrying players "for their experience" such as Gerrard and Green. That starting 11 on Saturday, if they all stay fit and all sign until end of season, could get us in a very good position in this league. Still not sure on that Gevaro fella, but he does whip a decent ball in, when he doesnt lose it.

Queensy reeks of Jermaine Johnson, loads of threat, scores 1 in 10 shots, 9 go miles wide or over. But I enjoy watching that, so chuck him in for home games!

The good thing is that if our pitch does cut up again Gerrard works because he is dominant in the air. Him and Clarke are only ever in trouble when pitches are like bowling greens and the ball gets played in behind them.

Gevaro can certainly whip a ball in, i’ve noticed he does get tackled easily however he does get into the box whenever possible and he did play an international match and travel halfway round the world.

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Queensy would be useful away, particularly against teams which play attacking football, if left upfield I'd back him to take two defenders and the keeper on in a dash to goal. Yes he might miss a few, but he will score some too.

On 14/10/2017 at 6:40 PM, Magic Mikey said:

He wins the ball for the likes of Byrne to do something with it. I'm still not sure what Banks is for. No bile or malice, he just simply isn't good enough for this level and shows no signs of improvement. 

Why can't everyone who 'hates' banks just have this stance. Way too many 'fans' would rather tell him to fuck off, rather than him staying here and trying to prove us wrong. You can't question banks is a better footballer than fane. But, fane suits the midfield better now and we seem an extremely well balanced team now. 

To think some probably got behind Lee Hughes even though he murdered a family, just because he was a decent player for us. Yet, won't give banks anymore time to turn opinions around. Laughable. 

14 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Why can't everyone who 'hates' banks just have this stance. Way too many 'fans' would rather tell him to fuck off, rather than him staying here and trying to prove us wrong. You can't question banks is a better footballer than fane. But, fane suits the midfield better now and we seem an extremely well balanced team now. 

To think some probably got behind Lee Hughes even though he murdered a family, just because he was a decent player for us. Yet, won't give banks anymore time to turn opinions around. Laughable. 

Lee Hughes didn't murder anyone though...

21 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

and am I the only person to wonder what we'd be like if we started the season like this?

Probably. Only 4 players started against Oxford that played against Blackburn. Team is vastly different now. And only further shows up how hand-tied Shez was until deadline day. The way the club is run we are badly short of the players we need every August and play catch up from September 1st every season.

11 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Probably. Only 4 players started against Oxford that played against Blackburn. Team is vastly different now. And only further shows up how hand-tied Shez was until deadline day. The way the club is run we are badly short of the players we need every August and play catch up from September 1st every season.

And yet plenty of people were happy with the squad going into the season.

1 hour ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Hi Mrs Banks.

Just now, boundaryblue80 said:

True. And anyone suggesting they were mad were classed as negative rather than realist.

I was one of them, it was obvious that the team that struggled all season until shez came back wasnt going to pick up where they left off. I states playing for your lives for 15 games against teams that were thinking of their summer holidays is a lot different than starting a fresh season and without ripley.

I would not say that Shez was hand tied. He brought a lot of garbage players back that should have been ditched in the summer. Also his dithering around not getting a goal keeper of class signed up early could cost us yet promotion. Wilson and Ruddy are two of the worst keepers I have ever seen play in an Oldham shirt. He was given class foreign players but refused to play them and he lost the confidence in the dressing room. If you think that was top class management then you need to have your head tested. Shez could pick some good players for a relegation fight. I don't think he had the man management capabilities like Wellens has shown to take us up into another division. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Queensy would be useful away, particularly against teams which play attacking football, if left upfield I'd back him to take two defenders and the keeper on in a dash to goal. Yes he might miss a few, but he will score some too.

Be good away in the last 20 I think if chasing. Need to be solid away, and Byrne, Doyle & Davies cause enough nuisance away from home, wouldnt be able to afford another player who doesnt defend as much. Think we can afford the extra luxury of him at home, when we press higher up