Blackburn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

If you think Fane is a better footballer than Banks you need to stop watching football and start watching Athletics as you don't like football.

Don't think it's a case of whether Fane is a better footballer or not,

Fane fits weĺl into this team and plays his part, Banks doesn't. 

Can we give up on the Ollie Banks w@nkfest, other than coming on at Fratton Park and nearly costing us he's had very little playing time in our last three league victories and that's how it's likely to stay, did he even make the bench today? Fane fits in with this team he compliments Byrne and Gardner and whilst he's never going to have their ability his desire and commitment cannot be questioned, week in week out Banks was outclassed and if he'd played today it would of been no different.

Every single player played well today... Stand outs fane, clarke, Byrne and gardener...

Wellens the only manager we've had in years whose subs regularly make sense. 

Someone i havent seen mentioned here is omrani... He came on threw himself at everything. The guy is a unit!! 

Awesome performance, unfair to really pick anyone out today but i thought Davies, Gardner and Fane were immense today. I've not really read the whole thread but are people still really suggesting Banks the non-league player (well, pub league player) is better than Fane?

I haven't mentioned Byrne in that group because he's an absolute class above. What a joy to watch, the best player we've had in years

if Wellens doesn't get the job it's a travesty

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

He wins the ball for the likes of Byrne to do something with it. I'm still not sure what Banks is for. No bile or malice, he just simply isn't good enough for this level and shows no signs of improvement. 

Banks at his best plays the quarterback role as a deep-lying midfielder.  Spraying passes out to decent attacking positions.  Last season when having Green/Fane/O'Neill/whoever supporting him he was able to do this to a decent level.

The trouble is, while he has strengths in the right set up, he has such obvious weaknesses which can have a huge negative effect in a key area of the pitch.  As shown in the first half of last season and the early part of this season.

Fane also has obvious negatives but his strengths are great for this midfield as they balance it out and compliment it perfectly.

They are polar opposites imo.  But Banks' weaknesses make him much more of a liability to the team than Fane's do.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

If you think Fane is a better footballer than Banks you need to stop watching football and start watching Athletics as you don't like football.

Bollocks. If you think Banks is anything like a footballer, you ‘don’t like football’. 

1 hour ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Fitting that a Dutch player scored the winner today as there were a load of Dutch lads sat in front of me. Feyenoord fans I think......

They were in the White Hart beforehand. They were going to go to Citeh apparently but decided it was too expensive so sacked it off and came to ours. Good choice lads ??

16 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

They were in the White Hart beforehand. They were going to go to Citeh apparently but decided it was too expensive so sacked it off and came to ours. Good choice lads ??

If so I find it a bit daft. A clearance from our own corner flag could end up with a free kick that deep into our half just because it lead to an offside!