Blackburn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, robboman said:

If so I find it a bit daft. A clearance from our own corner flag could end up with a free kick that deep into our half just because it lead to an offside!

Incredibly unlikely, player would have to track back from opposing half to the corner flag and somehow touch the ball before anyone else!

Comparing Banks and Fane is futile. They are different players. For some reason Shez thought playing Fane was high risk. But to get a TEAM together you need a mix of skills. England won the World Cup with Nobby Stiles in midfield he was a cog in the TEAM but there more skilful players around who didn't get picked. Latics went through the pinch me seasons with Miligan and Henry in midfield not cultured players but part of a TEAM.The hangers on in the Premiership days who are nowhere to be seen now used to boo Milligan while he was warming up for his lack of apparent skill i.e not being like Glenn Hoddle.

Lets get behind the TEAM enjoy the moment and not slag Banks off because he doesn't fit into the current set up its futile and he's history

Cant be arsed reading the comments at the moment as just got in celebrating one hell of a win. They were toss but we played it to perfection today and said to numerous mates of mine that i could sence a last minute winner, even after Mensig did his best Jermaine Johnson impression 5 minutes before......skin everyone then hit the top of the roof. Clarke was class....back to his last season self, Gardner gets through some work and is intelligent in possession, Byrne is a cut above reminds me of a League 1 Eden Hazard....his low centre of gravity turns people before they know what day of the week it is.......overall a very happy camper.....great atmosphere a bit of bite with the rival fans and 3 points to the tics.......and if Wellens isnt made permanent manager by 9am Monday im tempted to knock on the door/set fire to the club because the lad certainly knows what he's doing.....pissed up rant over.....come on you blue bastards 

7 hours ago, losesome said:

Don't think it's a case of whether Fane is a better footballer or not,

Fane fits weĺl into this team and plays his part, Banks doesn't. 

Fane reminds me of Carlton Palmer. Terrific engine, legs everywhere and the way he breaks up play is second to none in their respective squads. The main difference is that Fane is willing to learn and improve on his technical ability, whereas Palmer remained all legs. 

5 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Latics went through the pinch me seasons with Miligan and Henry in midfield not cultured players but part of a TEAM.

New chant for Fane perhaps?

YARDDOG YARDDOG YARDDOG :OASISscarf:

Could even dig out the white and black inflatable dalmatian from years ago for effect if required :D

Edited by yarddog73

4 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Fane reminds me of Carlton Palmer. Terrific engine, legs everywhere and the way he breaks up play is second to none in their respective squads. The main difference is that Fane is willing to learn and improve on his technical ability, whereas Palmer remained all legs. 

Is that the same Carlton Palmer that played for five different clubs in the Premier League and eighteen times for England?

13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Think the point is that Fane is playing and Banks isn't. Since Fane came in we've been miles better. Fane is better for the team than Banks.

Banks can pick a pass sometimes when he's in loads of space. He does what he's supposed to do very few times in a game.

Fane does his job 95% of the time and does it well.

Completely different players. Give me Fane all day long 

2 completely different players. 

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:
From the Blackburn forum:

3 hours ago,  AllRoverAsiasaid: 

Decent quality YouTube Vid from away end.  Good saves by Raya and Dack's petulance on view.

The Rovers players noticeably do not go too near the fans at the end.

Cant believe he filmed all that and didn’t get our glorious goal on.

A couple of things made me laugh...when one of theirs does a shit tackle and gets booked you can hear someone say “why hasn’t he booked any of theirs?” Obviously fails to realise they were being dirty bastards all over the pitch. And that “grooming” chant...I’d forgot about that. Silly uneducated wankers...makes our winner all the more sweeter :lol:

That tackle on gardner is a shocker... Could easily have been a red. Saw and read complaints that gardner had fouled him first...nonsense.

That tackle on fane on the counter is as bad.. Clearly away and stands on back of his calf. 

That comment about not booking ours... Dummy got booked for 3 silly challenges but i cant remember a bad tackle all day from us. Their heads completely went for a 10 to 15 min period. 

Little racism on that video as well i think after johnny grabs their player... 

All in all, grubby team made to play grubby style in front of grubby little fans 

A top performance yesterday but I thought Blackburn played their part in an entertaining end-to-end game.

On another day they could have scored one or two ( guy rounding the keeper, hitting the crossbar and having one headed off the line). 

Just a shame that when it got too much for them , they resorted to cynical fouls targeting Byrne in particular.

In the final analysis, we deserved to win and could have had more goals if wasn't for their keeper who looked a decent player. All played well for Latics but highest praise for Davies, Clarke, Fane and Byrne.

It was a tough physical game and both Gardner and Byrne must be battered and bruised.

onwards...

Davies was class yesterday. Up against Charlie Mulgrew and everything stuck to him. Lovely touch for the goal as well, and made their keeper make a very good save down low. 

Queensy looked very good too. Very direct and tricky, he should have scored earlier on, but if he's fully fit now, we could have a little gem there...

7 minutes ago, tony4938 said:

Why is it? Every other freekick is given where the infringement occured, all they've done is brought the offside sanction in alignment.

The infringement was the man standing offside. It’s irrelevant where the ball was kicked from. 

First home game of  the season for me and my daughter after the horrors of Blackpool a few weeks ago , travelled over from Poulton-le-Fylde optimistic after the Peterboro/Portsmouth games. Absolutely loved it haven't celebrated a goal so much for a long time !!!. Midfield immense, thought Dummigan had a great second half after looking dodgy at the start. Johnny Placide just looks comfortable , a keeper coming for crosses , who knew !!. Davies holding  it up  up well , basically a top team performance all round and what an atmosphere . Just imagine how it would be with  all three sides full !!. Best summed up by an old guy walking out saying  "they were singing who are you, well they know now !! " 

Class

11 hours ago, robboman said:

If so I find it a bit daft. A clearance from our own corner flag could end up with a free kick that deep into our half just because it lead to an offside!

18 minutes ago, maddog said:

The infringement was the man standing offside. It’s irrelevant where the ball was kicked from. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/08/kickoffs-backwards-rule-changes

Explained (sort of!) in this article, but seems a bit odd...

29 minutes ago, maddog said:

No, being in an offside position isn't an infringement, its only an offense if you go on to touch the ball wherever that may be. 

Still buzzing and still hoarse from yesterday .. what a win that was!

Nice to see we currently have a lucky cross bar! ...  it's a shame that Fane's run was cut short because I truly believe his confidence was so high he would have taken a shot.

Richie Wellens gets seemingly better and better with each game and he looks to be having the time of his life with our current run of results -  that "Richie Wellens blue n white army" chant was amazingly loud from all areas yesterday!

Blackburn aren't anything special, and am I the only person to wonder what we'd be like if we started the season like this?

Everyone worked their socks off yesterday, Dummigan had a decent game and really got stuck in as the game progressed, particularly in the second half! Midfield were awesome and worked for each other ... I hope Gardner isn't too bad today, that 'frustrated hack' was typical of players who thought they were on a certainty only for them to be taught a lesson!

Davies was immense in the support role for others, look at that pass through to Menig for instance ..  

Simply put, I don't care how hoarse I am today .. how sore the gash in my shin from the seats in front of me ... jumping for joy like that with my season card mates around me and the people on the other side of the aisle is worth every bit of it .. 

Roll on Tuesday .. 

I said it after his first game, we could potentially make the biggest mistake for years if we pass RW by and bring someone else in ... he simply HAS to be involved at the highest level