Bradford (a)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think the "allocation"s are just advance tickets. There'll be plenty of room for us if we take an absolute fucking army which I think we will...

1840 capacity assuming we're in the stand behind the goal. 

The advanced tickets are for the top tier, better view for paying less!!

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I'm not worried about the room. My thinking is that we will sell 700 advance tickets and I'm doubtful there'll be 300 paying £25 on the day.

Happy to be proved wrong, mind...

It’s only £25 for full priced adults. OAPs, students and kids are the same price on the day. 

1 minute ago, SAV said:

Anyone on the train tomorrow?. Getting theres no probs, coming back it's eaither rochdale or manchester ( last mills hill train 21. .58),

21:58 train is just about doable if the game finishes in good time. Reckon it's a 20 minute walk (Google Maps says 22 but that can be slightly generous).

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

21:58 train is just about doable if the game finishes in good time. Reckon it's a 20 minute walk (Google Maps says 22 but that can be slightly generous).

It's not doable it's a good 20 to 30 minutes and the game won't finish till at least 9.35. I think there's a train that terminates at Rochdale that leaves at 22.58 if that helps.

24 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I lived in bradford for a couple of years and walk quick( teenagers don't).Never doable unless we are getting spanked,which we won't be because we are going to win

11 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Fane's facial expressions cracked me up, what a lovely guy 

Can someone one help me out with the definitive pronunciation of his surname?

is it pronounced as in the popular terrace chant:

'Oh Lancashire is wonderful...

full of t**s, Fane and Oldham..'?

Or is it as in the title song from the musical film:

'Fane! I'm gonna live forever'

or even as in the oft used music hall joke:

'a Fane thing happened to me on the way to work..'?

asking for a friend...ta

Just had this sent to me in response to my parking query by a fan of theirs...

"There are Valley Rd, Midland Rd and Queen's Rd all free more or less next to the ground. Getting there at 6 you should be easily able to park on Midland Rd as most get there early.

However as a disclaimer I'm not advising you park on any 3 of them as there is risk of your car been broken in to, I park on Valley Rd and it's never happened to me but it does happen. They seem to target certain Volkswagen's with Sat Nav's built in. 

The Broadway Bradford offers safe parking and is cheap, not sure on price probably be around £3 however it's over a mile away. Other closer options are a car park just of Manor Row(tricky to find though) or a multistorey called West gate Multistorey on Google maps but it stank of piss last time i parked there which was around 3 years ago".

Anyone else have anything to add to this?

44 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Can someone one help me out with the definitive pronunciation of his surname?

is it pronounced as in the popular terrace chant:

'Oh Lancashire is wonderful...

full of t**s, Fane and Oldham..'?

Or is it as in the title song from the musical film:

'Fane! I'm gonna live forever'

or even as in the oft used music hall joke:

'a Fane thing happened to me on the way to work..'?

asking for a friend...ta

This page would suggest it's "fan": https://forvo.com/word/se_fane/

can anybody tell me if the match is still on due to the hurricane winds that are sweeping the UK. I need to get up at 2.45 am to see the game where I am on Ifollow so I would appreciate an update on the conditions at Bradford. Thanks. 

31 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

can anybody tell me if the match is still on due to the hurricane winds that are sweeping the UK. I need to get up at 2.45 am to see the game where I am on Ifollow so I would appreciate an update on the conditions at Bradford. Thanks. 

Its only a light breeze now, and even a hurricane didn't want to go anywhere near yorkshire

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Anyone thinking of going to the ticket office to purchase in advance don't bother, initial allocation of 700 has sold out. Pay on the turnstiles only.

We should send them 700 tickets on the reverse fixture and make it £25 POTD too

Yep.. turned up an hour ago and wasn't able to get a ticket. Pisspoor communication from the club.

A simple message on yesterdays article could of said ring up before coming to the ticket office as we are close to selling the 700 out and won't be requesting more.

32 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Yep.. turned up an hour ago and wasn't able to get a ticket. Pisspoor communication from the club.

A simple message on yesterdays article could of said ring up before coming to the ticket office as we are close to selling the 700 out and won't be requesting more.

They did request more and sent someone over for them. Bradford, however wouldn’t give them to us as they didn’t think we’d sell the 2nd batch.

3 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

They did request more and sent someone over for them. Bradford, however wouldn’t give them to us as they didn’t think we’d sell the 2nd batch.

Although the cynic in me would say they'd be happy with the extra fiver a few hundred are now going to have to pay. They must have a couple of thousand tickets printed off for that end yet only 700 can make it across the Pennines.  OK. 

Bradford are appearing to be not playing the game with our supporters. Looks like they are afraid of being beaten. Come on the Latics stuff em these Yorkshire bastards and tell them their allocation for return will be 250 and anymore must pay full price on the day. That would serve the bastards right. 

13 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Bradford are appearing to be not playing the game with our supporters. Looks like they are afraid of being beaten. Come on the Latics stuff em these Yorkshire bastards and tell them their allocation for return will be 250 and anymore must pay full price on the day. That would serve the bastards right. 

What on earth are you talking about?

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Although the cynic in me would say they'd be happy with the extra fiver a few hundred are now going to have to pay. They must have a couple of thousand tickets printed off for that end yet only 700 can make it across the Pennines.  OK. 

Or it was advertised as being £25 if you paid on the day of the game and it is now the day of the game.