Newcastle Youth (H) 19:30

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think someone on here pointed out that of the U20s squad that played and won the WC Last year, the squad itself played a total of 6 games in the checkatrade last year. Its unlikely that the victorious under 17s will have played a game between them so I would say none whatsoever. 

It is shit that the only reason I want us to do well in this cup is that it might help us pay our staff on time.

To add more of the 6 games, 3 were played by a Charlton player, as a member of their "first" team. I think City may have played some of their WC winning u20s/u17s in the competition, but that's this season. Newcastle didn't play their u20 WC winning GK last night.

Newcastle played a full squad of u21s, even Aarons (their scorer and someone who we wanted on loan who has played a little for their first team) is an u21.

Sunderland (currently bottom of the Championship) are allowed to play their u21s in this despite the fact that if the season ended now they would be in League 1 next season.

More money for the competition is all well and good, but the EFL could have done that without adding the B-teams.

EDIT: One of the other appearances for the u20s was whilst on loan at Sheffield United, that player is on loan at Blackburn this season (Harry Chapman).

Edited by rudemedic

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

To add more of the 6 games, 3 were played by a Charlton player, as a member of their "first" team. I think City may have played some of their WC winning u20s/u17s in the competition, but that's this season. Newcastle didn't play their u20 WC winning GK last night.

Newcastle played a full squad of u21s, even Aarons (their scorer and someone who we wanted on loan who has played a little for their first team) is an u21.

Sunderland (currently bottom of the Championship) are allowed to play their u21s in this despite the fact that if the season ended now they would be in League 1 next season.

More money for the competition is all well and good, but the EFL could have done that without adding the B-teams.

I love the competition. It's a serious chance to get us to Wembley. Love the addition of the groups as well.

The 'B' teams don't put me off but I'd rather have an extra 20 conference teams like the old days. More than feesible and gives them a realistic chance of causing an upset and making a run in the competition.

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

I love the competition. It's a serious chance to get us to Wembley. Love the addition of the groups as well.

The 'B' teams don't put me off but I'd rather have an extra 20 conference teams like the old days. More than feesible and gives them a realistic chance of causing an upset and making a run in the competition.

There's also the chance of Latics spotting loanees or permanent signings 

For example Aaron's 

looked useful last night.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

I liked the competition when it was a cup for League 1/2 sides, that was still a serious chance for us to get to Wembley.

The addition of B teams is what is putting me off. Last night showed why B-teams aren't going to be any use in the Football League. 

Why is is frowned upon so much? So far I’ve read that ‘B’ teams will enter the football league and send clubs like us to non league. That simply won’t happen... 

massive over reaction by some people towards it and I’d love to see the amount of hypocrites that follow us to Wembley (if we get there, of course).

Ive read people say they hope we lose. it’s beyond ridiculous.

i too, like others would prefer no under 23s and back to its original format, but it isn’t atm so I just accept it for what it is.

1 hour ago, oldhamoafc said:

Why is is frowned upon so much? So far I’ve read that ‘B’ teams will enter the football league and send clubs like us to non league. That simply won’t happen... 

massive over reaction by some people towards it and I’d love to see the amount of hypocrites that follow us to Wembley (if we get there, of course).

Ive read people say they hope we lose. it’s beyond ridiculous.

i too, like others would prefer no under 23s and back to its original format, but it isn’t atm so I just accept it for what it is.

Im not saying B Teams will enter the League, but they very easily could as clubs were so easily bribed.

But there is not a chance you can say "That simply won;t happen.." becasue you have no clue whether it will or not.

14 minutes ago, singe said:

Im not saying B Teams will enter the League, but they very easily could as clubs were so easily bribed.

But there is not a chance you can say "That simply won;t happen.." becasue you have no clue whether it will or not.

Much the same as those accusing the club of selling out and calling fellow fans scabs have no clue.

18 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Says the bloke who doesnt like his 'fellow fans' also going watching other local clubs

Really??? I spend plenty of money following local non league teams, can't for the life of me see why anyone would go and watch Rochdale or Shitty but each to their own.

9 hours ago, super_blue said:

Ridiculous...:

If we got to Wembley in this trophy you would back track and be there for sure!!

Why? I've been to Wembley before, I've seen the stadium.

If I was to ever backtrack it would be purely for the piss-up. This tournament doesn't interest me in the slightest and I've hardly thought twice about any of our matches so far. Seeing the hype Crewe made about reaching the final last year(?) genuinely made me cringe.

2 minutes ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Fuck off with the Sheridan talk ffs. Let it go.

Let what go? Someone mentioned Crewe, so I looked at Wiki and saw he was the only Irish manager to have won the trophy. As said manager managed us in this seasons competition I thought I'd just mention it. Sounds like you're still hung up on him if anything ..

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

How good was Flynn's ball for Doyle's 2nd. Great vision and awareness. Love to see a fully fit Flynn, a massive asset.

Flynn' ball showed what he is capable of. It is a very good pass.

The question will always be around his consistency.