Plymouth

I think we should forget about this 'long journey' stuff, it's what footballers have to do and we are not too badly situated geographically are we, imagine if we played in Europe how would we cope.

I think that performance above any will convince the new owners that, if financially possible, we should secure the services of the loanees.

Edited by Stainrod

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Really winds me up that 17hrs after the match I still can’t go on the official website and see what the manager has to say unless I pay money.

This. Especially if the club get a standard cut and don’t get more money for each subscriber.

42 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I think we should forget about this 'long journey' stuff, it's what footballers have to do and we are not too badly situated geographically are we, imagine if we played in Europe how would we cope.

I think that performance above any will convince the new owners that, if financially possible, we should secure the services of the loanees.

Maybe it’s just because of my own health issues but I take a day for my movement to recover from the long journey from Plymouth to Oldham. 

On 23/12/2017 at 1:26 PM, rudemedic said:

He came on from the bench in the next game. Think he has been on the bench since too. But certainly hasn’t started since, and rightly so and not just because Gevaro has been playing well. 

Well not on the bench for Doncaster or Plymouth and not seen him on the bench for quite a few games now

5 minutes ago, rigsby said:

O dear Mr wellens..

The honeymoon period is well and truly over.

And if you ask me, so is the investment/takeover.

Think black clouds are gathering over BP.

:(

Excellent point, well made. Great insight making me change my view of the entire situation. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Information...Sounds like guesswork to me!

not sure what else we can do,the great leader has gone mute since that video call about TWO months ago.

tells me everything i need to know.

breasties verticus springs to mind,

Edited by rigsby

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So you said yesterday. And last weekend. And the weekend before that...

And....... ?

I dont see your glorious leader (and i dont class him as mine becuase there is absolutely nothing glorious about the bloke) coming out and giving any info out to calm the nerves- when was the video call again?

End of october?:lol:

Edited by rigsby

34 minutes ago, rigsby said:

And....... ?

I dont see your glorious leader (and i dont class him as mine becuase there is absolutely nothing glorious about the bloke) coming out and giving any info out to calm the nerves- when was the video call again?

End of october?:lol:

Well jell that corney can afford to run a club while you just sit at home making up loads of BS? Think corney leads a more glorious life than you. Not a corney fan at all but, hate those who make up BS. Why not enjoy the festive period? Instead of coming on here and making it up shit, feel sorry for you. 

1 hour ago, rigsby said:

O dear Mr wellens..

Not sure in that case why Abdullah arrived at  Plymouth with Corney on the team coach, that is a fact that I saw with my own eyes,so no I don't need to "ask" you. It's people like you that are the "black clouds" over BP.

1 hour ago, rigsby said:

O dear Mr wellens..

Whether or not the takeover happens, Wellens is far from losing the plot.  Yesterday was a shit result and he made some bad decisions, but the way he has us playing is very good and a vast improvement from the last 2 seasons.

The only question mark for me is how good he is in the transfer market (which he'll need to be in January) but he has shown he's more than capable of getting a team functioning well.

From the Plymouth forum.  Hard to know how valid it is but interesting if true:

"Pre game today I had the joy of a 5 minute chat with John Harbin. He was setting out cones looking around and I waved and put my thumb up. He waved back, and encouraged to come down for a chat. I dually accepted. He spoke nothing but highly about Argyle and Plymouth in general. He said our infastructure is entirely the same, and admitted yes it isn't great but said it was better than theirs. He was delighted to hear the Grandstand had finally been approved. He mentioned that Oldham had a player called Queensy Menig on loan from a Dutch club, they recently sent him home as he doesn't feature in Wellens' plans. He said he was on 10K a week, and they had to fund the majority of that money. In my eyes, it was an eye opener. A top guy and as I gather an even better coach. I wish him and Oldham luck for the recent of the season."