Plymouth

Be an interesting line up on Boxing Day.  Pray that Doyle and Bryan are back.  Need Hunt to start as well along with Tope. 

Im gutted with todays result because i really believed we pick up 6 points over Xmas.  Should of known better eh!!

Flynn did okay today, thats about it.  Byrne had his worst game for us,  McLaughlin is pace with his head down and cant beat a man or cross a ball.  Jonny was of the boil today and we basically made Plymouth look a good side.

That said if people are ill they get a pass for today.

MOM would be Flynn.  Passed to peoples feet, tried to let fly a few times, okay game.

Need to up thier game for Boxing Day.  We move on.

Happy Christmas everyone, hope Santa brings me a bottle of Tequila to help me forget today.....

Edited by deckyd

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

Getting drilled by a side in the bottom 3 by 1-4, plus the realization that we absolutely need those players missing today who will be leaving in a couple of weeks is two steps back to me, Bosh.

Pretty sure we already knew we need to keep Bryan and Doyle prior to todays tonking. Its not news to us that we play better with these 2 in the team.

1.) Whoever said Carey ran the show for them prior to the game was absolutely spot-on. He was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

2.) If we are signing Lamerias then he’ll be decent, but may drift in and out of games.

3.) I’m a big fan of 3 at the back but it didn’t work and I’m not sure why Clarke wasn’t one of the three.

4.) Flynn was our best player.

5.) Hope Placide is all right. The 4 minutes added time in the first half was predominantly due to him having an ankle problem- I think he got trod on.

6.) The rumour going round was an illness- for the first 10 minutes all the team played like they weren’t well. 2-0 down and it was always going to be a mountain to come back.

7.) We were the better side for the last 35 minutes of the first half and for some of the second half. Could easily have been 2-2 at the break.

8.) That Plymouth side will not go down, but they have to keep that side for the rest of the season.

9.) Quite a bit of niggle in the game.

10.) Merry Xmas 

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

3.) I’m a big fan of 3 at the back but it didn’t work and I’m not sure why Clarke wasn’t one of the three.

Happy to be corrected, but is there much evidence of this working well?  We tried it at Blackpool and there seemed enough evidence there to suggest we should never try it again.

Ditto playing one up front.  Preston fan in work says a reason why Doyle is out of favour there is because they play with one up front and Doyle just can't play as a lone striker.  There is enough going against us keeping him and I reckon if we were to start playing that formation, he'll be happier to go elsewhere.  Plus there isn't much evidence for one up front working for us in general (The Northampton game doesn't count because we probably could have played nine at the back and still scored four...).

Just back from the game awful first 10 minutes and bloody awful defending for all goals and like I said give Carey space and time and he will do the business and I was proved right credit to Argyle they did their homework worked out that Wilson was the weak link in a back 3 put Carey out there on him and low and behold they were 2-0 up. 

Could have been  3-3 in the second half and yet it was 4-1. 

Lots of my Argyle friends saying it was the best they have played all season typical it was against us but perhaps it was us that made them look good. 

Bryan was a massive miss. Hopefully if it was an Inness he will back for Boxing Day if not and that is the last we have seen of him then a good run and the play offs will be a pipe dream. 

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Happy to be corrected, but is there much evidence of this working well?  We tried it at Blackpool and there seemed enough evidence there to suggest we should never try it again.

Ditto playing one up front.  Preston fan in work says a reason why Doyle is out of favour there is because they play with one up front and Doyle just can't play as a lone striker.  There is enough going against us keeping him and I reckon if we were to start playing that formation, he'll be happier to go elsewhere.  Plus there isn't much evidence for one up front working for us in general (The Northampton game doesn't count because we probably could have played nine at the back and still scored four...).

I meant in general. But it was quite clear it didn’t work today for us.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Perhaps not a great idea to have players visiting hospitals at this time of year.

Doyle and Bryan didn’t go.

Would be rare for a illness to spread to a secondary contact within a week. 

Plus can you imagine the press if we didnt send someone to TROH at this time of year.

PS Scrooge is fictional no reason for you to behave like him.

22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Doyle and Bryan didn’t go.

Would be rare for a illness to spread to a secondary contact within a week. 

Plus can you imagine the press if we didnt send someone to TROH at this time of year.

PS Scrooge is fictional no reason for you to behave like him.

Still a more plausible reason for their absence than the idea that a rookie manager deliberately weakened his team in order to prove a point. In my opinion.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Still a more plausible reason for their absence than the idea that a rookie manager deliberately weakened his team in order to prove a point. In my opinion.

Yeah but if Doyle was ill. I know where my money would be on him catching said illness. It wouldn’t be from the hospital visit by some other members of the side. Nor would it be on his own Primary School visit.

It would be a lot closer to his own home. No conspiracy. Just some simple common sense.

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

TROH took me a minute or two. I've now smashed up my laptop. 

Saw a poster at work that referred to "the Oldham Care Organisation - part of the Northern Care Alliance" and had to have a lie down afterwards.